looking to chat

1. Have you ever met a lit-ster?
I have a few Lit members that I regularly voice chat with, and even more that I regularly connect with in the chat rooms. However I've NEVER met one face to face.

If you did, how did it go?
If you havent, would you?
I would. IF it was someone I knew well enough to go there. I should say that I probably wouldn't, but I'm not going to rule it out either.

2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel?
Not a guy, but I usually wait to send a PM until I'm certain there's going to be a conversation.

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?
Purely a guess from a woman: I think it gives them a sense of power.

4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so.
My experience has been very positive. I read stories here for a long time before joining, and helped my husband set up an account so he could publish a story he'd written. After he played in the chat a bit he encouraged me to join. I love erotic writing and reading erotic stories so this place is a favorite playground of mine.
I've had a few unpleasant encounters in the chat rooms, but I just ignore/block and move on.

5. Since I'm from South East Asia, have you been to this region?
Yes? Please share where you've been and what you liked/disliked about it.
No? Well, if you could, where would you go? Why that destination?
No, but I would love to explore the culture and people. I don't mean that in a sexual way, but I think I'd rather explore South East Asia than most other places on Earth. I think I'd prefer to explore some small areas, as opposed to places densely populated by tourists.

6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.
I don't know that I could narrow this down. I've made a few friends that I voice chat with, and those are extremely pleasant experiences. I've read some stories that have aroused me beyond what I though possible from something viewed on a screen. I've had some long drawn out chats (not roleplay.....that's not my thing) where we share stories about our first orgasms and our first explorations of our fetishes and kinks that have me saying goodbye as the chat ends and RUSHING to my bed to bring myself to orgasm....

7. tell me about yourself and what you'd like to chat about.
I will literally chat about anything on Lit. Sex, orgasms, kinks, fetishes, movies, books, vacations, life, politics, food, music, and on and on and on.....of course I primarily log in when I'm in a mood to chat about sex, but I'd rather chat about food with an interesting chat partner than about sex with an obnoxious jerk.

8. have you ever been to a lit gathering?
No. But I'm not opposed at all....a group of like minded folks? I'd be very interested.

Not forgetting: do you have any thoughts/questions to ask and share?

I really enjoyed these questions! It's inspired me to maybe post some questions of my own! I love getting to know people this way.

Questions

No, but I received an invitation to
meet a few days ago which I politely declined, now I am having
second thoughts. I am trying to convince myself that I should
pm back and accept or at least keep the door open

Depends

2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply
or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel?
Actually haven't sent a pm to a woman, mostly other
crossdressers. When they don't answer or just abandon our chat
I feel hurt and saddened.

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat
with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat
online?
I don't think I lie, but I don't offer up any personal
info. I do play the role they are looking for, the submissive
little sissy slut focused only on their pleasure.

4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular
experience you'd like to share, please do so.
So far, it has been a pleasant experience, except that
chats via PM's tend to be abandoned, but I am still having fun
with my feminine side set free.
No

Vietnam or Thailand (Although in the sixties I did everything
in my power to avoid that). Ladyboys
6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a
story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something
new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.
My feminine side emerged (Shirley) Very liberating

I am an older male crossdresser (in the closet). I am
interested in; Sex (Of course), crossdressing, books, Sci Fi,
chess, politics and model railroading to name afew
No, but open to the idea.

I really enjoyed these questions! It's inspired me to maybe post some questions of my own! I love getting to know people this way.

Completely agree!

1. Have you ever met a lit-ster? No
If you did, how did it go? N/A
If you havent, would you? Yes I would.

2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel? I don't expect a reply whenever I send a message to someone I haven't exchanged messages with before. It used to bother me, but I quickly learned that many ladies get so many messages, and many are dull, so you need to sound interesting! Something I'm trying to work on! Oh yeah, and no unsolicited dick pics! ha.

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online? I guess some like to be someone else online, its an escapism, a place where they can be someone they can't be in real life. I don't think its always sinister, but it can sometimes be for dubious reasons. I think some guys feel people won't talk to the 'real' them. Finally, I guess some people don't want to be recognised.

4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so. Generally positive, I've a couple of people 'shout' at me or get the wrong end of a comment and take offence, but that is rare.

Yes, I have been to Bangkok and Hong Kong, it was for a short time at the end of a long period of travel and was quite sterile as I was staying with a family who lived in a compound. I would do it differently if I did it again.

6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc. I've met some awesome people that have genuinely helped me get through different periods. They know who they are, and I will eternally be grateful to them for their time and compassion.

7. tell me about yourself and what you'd like to chat about. I guess I think of myself as pretty straight forward, I have a British accent that people like! I like to talk about anything and everything. I think if you only ever chat about 'sex' stuff, things can get boring quickly. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that, but also like to be able to talk about random crap at times too. Really anything goes with the right person.

8. have you ever been to a lit gathering? No, but I wouldn't be against it.

I am so glad you enjoyed my thread, and decided to post, Isabella!
You have also inspired a few others to post right after you. :)

FYI: I'm sure some tourist spots in SE Asia would also be densely populated especially during touristy-seasons! :)

Welcome to the thread, shirleycd.

Before meeting up with anyone from the online-world, I'd suggest having a video-call with them first. Be safe.

No, but I received an invitation to
meet a few days ago which I politely declined, now I am having
second thoughts. I am trying to convince myself that I should
pm back and accept or at least keep the door open

Depends

Thanks for posting, RedJack.

Q3 - I think they should be upfront if they are not being real, especially if they are talking to others who ARE being real and looking for real connections. While I understand escapism and fantasy-land, it has to be clear to both parties involved; otherwise, it is just a lie...like you said, it becomes dubious.

Q5 - why were they living in a "compound" ?

Q6 - you're really lucky to have met some great people who have helped you during your time of need. I think in that regard, it might be easier for guys to find more "understanding" women?

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online? I guess some like to be someone else online, its an escapism, a place where they can be someone they can't be in real life. I don't think its always sinister, but it can sometimes be for dubious reasons. I think some guys feel people won't talk to the 'real' them. Finally, I guess some people don't want to be recognised.

Questions

Welcome to the thread, shirleycd.

Before meeting up with anyone from the online-world, I'd suggest having a video-call with them first. Be safe.
Thank you very much for the advice. i’ll Be careful.

No

2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel?
No biggie - having worked in sales for years it takes 10 tries to get a yes

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?
Insecurity

Yes & No - I'm adopted from South Korea, but grew up in the U.S.

32M straight who enjoys reading mostly mature / romance stories and now volunteer editing.
College grad with a career I enjoy along with my family, listening to music, and a few deviant
hobbies. Total nerd who loves math, Star Wars (original), and can name most Star Trek executive
staff & captains. Music is my fav hobby though with a collection that includes John Williams, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, and Cyndi Lauper

Q3. "This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?"

I think lying might simply be the most expedient means to getting instant gratification: for instance, in fearing a woman might not want to speak with a married man, the man might say he’s single, so he could have a conversation, or take things toward his intended goals. I mean, that’s at least my “obvious” reply, if it is an obvious answer. And the anonymity, generally speaking, allows people (or men, in the case that I speak for men) to feel less culpable for what seems like an offense they can distance themselves from. Sex—it motivates a lot of silly behavior, lies included, and especially lies we can keep at bay from our conscience like mosquitos we swat.

While I still would like to chat (with the right person/people), this thread has mostly evolved into a form of sharing/discussion. (See below ** for list of topics).

If you'd like to chat, please tell me about yourself as well as what interests you (see Q7). If we match, I'll definitely post you a reply. However, if all you're looking for is to talk dirty, please don't waste both our time.

** For convenience, here's a list of all the topics that we've talked about:

4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so.
6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.

Not forgetting: do you have any thoughts/questions to ask and share?

Let's go...pick one topic and talk about it at length, or answer all, if you like!

Feel free to join in! :)

~~~~~~~~~
The original post:

i'm bored and would like to chat with someone who's interested in more than sexual chat. (Yes, I know this is literotica) :)

Allow me to clarify: no, we WONT be chatting or role-playing about your fantasies - at least, not on the first chat and not if I dont know you. Thank you for understanding!

Q3. "This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?"

I think lying might simply be the most expedient means to getting instant gratification: for instance, in fearing a woman might not want to speak with a married man, the man might say he’s single, so he could have a conversation, or take things toward his intended goals. I mean, that’s at least my “obvious” reply, if it is an obvious answer. And the anonymity, generally speaking, allows people (or men, in the case that I speak for men) to feel less culpable for what seems like an offense they can distance themselves from. Sex—it motivates a lot of silly behavior, lies included, and especially lies we can keep at bay from our conscience like mosquitos we swat.

right, so the conclusion is that people find it easier/better (?) to lie to get what they want. you might have a point there!

Questions

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat
with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat
online?
This seems like the most talked about question in this survey...
I’ve given a false name before and I may have lied about my location, but those examples and any other are strictly in the interest of staying relatively anonymous. there is a temptation to lie just to get my foot in the door of conversation, but I ultimately think that’s counter productive. If we hit it off and the conversation continues then maintaining the lie will just become increasingly difficult.

6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a
story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something
new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.
Talking to people over Pm’s (Im still kinda shy about posting) and some of the word games on the playground.

Well then, Welcome to the thread, glad you posted.

I'd understand the wish to stay anonymous, but I usually prefer to just say that, be honest about it, instead of lying.

Well, it's probably a dead thread but what the hell, these are fun.

no
pretty unlikely
Not a big deal unless it's a long, thought-out reply to a PM from them. Women are swamped with PMs on here and I can understand the tendency to not bother. I just send PMs to people who post interesting stuff and sound like they might be fun to talk to.
Probably because they're desparate and feel like they need to trick people into being intersted in them. I won't lie but there are some things I won't share online because it's a different context from "real life" for me and I feel safer keeping them separate. Also, not looking for a partner.
I've been on for a while and I feel like the ratio of worthwhile conversation to creeps/noise/spam has gotten worse, which makes it a lot harder to find good people to talk to.
I've made a few good friends and explored things I might not have without Lit, and learned a lot about what makes other people tick, especially sexually. On the other hand it's sad when people's lives move on and you drift away, even if they're only online friends.

Well, it's probably a dead thread but what the hell, these are fun.

Obviously, it's not a dead thread since you found and contributed to it!
I saw your post but just have been too busy to reply until now...that said, doubt you were hanging around waiting for an instant reply anyway.

You sound kinda negative...

That said, hopefully this site brings you some joy.

No
Yes

I dont really expect a reply as most women are flooded with requests.

To get started. They read the profiles and tend to project themselves as what a woman is looking for.

It's been a lot of fun.

I am from India. I have also visited KL
It was a very short trip. I would like to visit it again.
Hongkong and Bali. Hongkong is due to the influence of James Bond. Bali to look at the temples and beaches.

I liked the stories by TxTallTales, misterwho and sevensquared.

I am a 40 yo guy from India. I like to chat about voyuerism, groping and seduction.

No

Hongkong and Bali. Hongkong is due to the influence of James Bond. Bali to look at the temples and beaches.

Thanks for posting.
There are many temples and beaches in various other countries within Asia too, especially Thailand.

In an earlier post, I asked whether any of you has met a lit-ster.

This time, I'm looking for someone who has the time to have a proper continuous chat. (Please dont take 30 minutes in between messages).

Over the years I’ve been on Lit, I have previously met two people who live locally. Both went very well. Beautiful women fun to chat with. One I still consider a friend contact though her health has been keeping her occupied, the other I have lost touch with.
I would definitely meet a Lister for coffe drinks, etc. I meet people to get to know them, enjoy company and excitement. There’s a lot more to the world than sex.

in response to your questions, I have never met a lit-ster in person yet, but definitely willing to. Was going to not too long ago, but then she got a new b/f and wanted to not mess it up. as for me, i never lie when chatting. whats the point? I have been to southeast asia. went to vietnam, and have been to japan a number of times. i loved both, but for totally different reasons. my hope is to next go to Cambodia and/or Laos, as well as Thailand. Would like to go to China, but not sure where to begin. Really want to go to Mongolia...As for what i like about lit, it has been a great experience to explore thh many facets of my sexuality in a comfortable, non-judgmental environment, where i can explore topics that i have never in real life, and some i never would, but enjoy the mental exercise of exploration.

AS to your recent question, I don't expect a reply when i send a private message, but do love getting them, and love getting into more meaningful or detailed conversation later.

Over the years I’ve been on Lit, I have previously met two people who live locally. Both went very well. Beautiful women fun to chat with. One I still consider a friend contact though her health has been keeping her occupied, the other I have lost touch with.
I would definitely meet a Lister for coffe drinks, etc. I meet people to get to know them, enjoy company and excitement. There’s a lot more to the world than sex.

Thank you for posting! and yes, absolutely, I agree with you. however, I think the vast majority (and cant blame them, given the site) would have sex on their minds, even if they say it isnt.

in response to your questions, I have never met a lit-ster in person yet, but definitely willing to. Was going to not too long ago, but then she got a new b/f and wanted to not mess it up. as for me, i never lie when chatting. whats the point? I have been to southeast asia. went to vietnam, and have been to japan a number of times. i loved both, but for totally different reasons. my hope is to next go to Cambodia and/or Laos, as well as Thailand. Would like to go to China, but not sure where to begin. Really want to go to Mongolia...As for what i like about lit, it has been a great experience to explore thh many facets of my sexuality in a comfortable, non-judgmental environment, where i can explore topics that i have never in real life, and some i never would, but enjoy the mental exercise of exploration.

AS to your recent question, I don't expect a reply when i send a private message, but do love getting them, and love getting into more meaningful or detailed conversation later.

Thanks for posting, knowing the mental difficulty you have of posting in a public forum.
So many questions to follow up from your post! haha...
I think it is much better to send a PM after getting the agreement from the other party.

I haven't but would definitely love to meet someone I feel comfortable and interested in.

It depends on the nature of the PM. It will be nice to receive a reply, even if the reply is " I am busy, I am not interested ... etc". Of course if the PM was not respectful, then not receiving a reply is a given.

People lie in all their lives. Not just in chat online, but in real life too.

The experience is predominantly positive. I first came here for the stories. Then joined in the forum for awhile. Went on and off for decades. Only recently I am back agin.
I spent 20 years of my life in SEA, and very familiar with this region. it is a fascinating area with diverse culture and food.

6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one);
It is from the stories. I forgot which one was it and I had not been able to found it again. It was a story about first timer in Chicago. Since I used to live in Chicago for quite some time. It surely brings back lots of memories of my time there.

I have most of what about me and what I like to chat in my lit chat profile. Basically I am just a guy who has moved around, moving where the jobs are. I enjoy chatting just about anything that come up to mind. From normal conversations to flirting to seductions.

Never been one. Haven't received any invitation yet ;)

Thank you for posting! I think you've been lucky to have had an interesting life, moving around.

I spent 20 years of my life in SEA, and very familiar with this region. it is a fascinating area with diverse culture and food.

Nope. I might consider it under the right circumstances, but I'm not sure what those would be.

2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply
or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel?
Depends. Sometimes I feel like there's a really good connection between her post and what I'm responding, so there's more of an expectation. At the same time, I realize that everybody is here for something a little different, so I don't let it get to me too much.

Again, I think it depends on what people are looking for. If a guy is just looking to jerk as quickly as possible, he may be more willing to lie to get done faster.

I, personally, am more of the "make friends, then intimacy" type. Typically I don't lie about anything except my name.

4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular
experience you'd like to share, please do so.
It's been ok. Sometimes it feels like digging through the proverbial haystack looking for the right needle. (So, ladies who might be looking for partners, hit me up so I can stop looking :) )

Not yet, but hoping to at some point.

I like to experience new things. I'd be interested to go all over; to be honest, haven't done enough research on the area to have a specific location in mind.

It's been fun getting to know people, especially those where the relationship lasts over a period of time. It's a little difficult for me to get there because of my situation (I'm not on super frequently), but it's always been a ride.

I'm a 39 year old male currently studying for a PhD in a business-related field. I'm open to just about anything, from making friends to getting somewhat kinky. I've done text chat, phone (although rarely), and cam, though I typically avoiding communicating over email or Lit because of the delay. I much prefer chatting in real time.

Nope, to be honest didn't even know they existed.

1. Have you ever met a lit-ster?If you did, how did it go?
Not yet, a several years ago a friend on here offered to fly out to see me but the plans didn't work out. It would have to be the right person to meet up, like someone that I knew well and we had an established friendship.

I try to avoid sending unsolicited pm's. Usually if I message someone its because they have asked for pm's in a thread and I'm trying to see if we connect. I don't expect a reply right away because I realize that women on here get bombarded with PMs.

Probably because they have something to hide. Like me, it seems like most guys on here are married and don't want to get caught (duh). Everyone has their reasons for being on the site. I feel like you have to have a degree of honesty here only because you have nothing else to go on.

Pretty good, I've met some wonderful women and have gotten to really know a few of them quite well. In college I met a woman here who was almost twice my age, she helped me through a difficult time. Unfortunately we fell out of touch.

I've never been but would love to travel to Tokyo. I'd like to be immersed in the culture there.

I would have to say the best experience has been just finding other like minded people. People that are in a similar situation as I or who have the same kinks

Im 28, fit and looking to find a friendship. Someone that I can talk to about day to day stuff and enjoy each other's company but also someone I can get dirty with (the site is called Literotica after all). I'm pretty flexible on age but I'd like to find a woman who is missing something from her marriage/relationship and has come here to fill the void.

Wait there are gatherings? I can't even get the chat feature to work properly

Back