From the Witchfinder's Files, Tale I: Snake in Chains

"No, I could not torture anyone... and even more for no reason at all. But you sure have learned something in your life?" Phyliss was a bit helpless herself. Most places where she found hospitality would not be very keen if she brought a man along. This would only be tolerated if he would act as her servant, but she could not imagine him that way, and she did not want it.
 
"I would do almost anything for you, even be your servant, but I fear I would not be very believable at it. We should be together, and believe me, I am not saying that because I like your body- I could have taken your body without going through all this. I have taken many bodies before, I will admit. I want more. I want your love."
 
Phyliss kissed him without even thinking of it. "Isn't ist strange that I would give my love to a man who tortured me and even thought of killing me in the beginning? Maybe I really lost my mind." But she was still sane enough to know about the dangers in the village. Was there any way out? A way out, without loosing him?
 
"Well, I have been a monk practically all of my life. Even though I must say I have violated my vows quite thoroughly, and could stand to violate them some more..."

While his hand violated his vows some more on her breasts, he continued, "but what do you do when you are not being hunted like a beast for, you know, being a demon?"
 
"I have been attacked and hunted often in my life, not especially for being mistook as demone, but I have been called all kind of names." She didn't even sound bitter, although she had all reason to be.
"I learned to walk for my own, not being a slave. Still I am wandering all my life, getting from one place to another, searching for people who protect and support me while i please them with my presence."
 
"Well, your presence would please me immensely, as you have guessed... but can I support you? You find my occupation distasteful, and want no part in it. I have learned no other."
His grip had instinctively become harder, as if he was trying to hold her back. A few days ago, that would have been all it took - gripping her and taking her for himself, like he had done so many times before. But now? He wanted to win her legitimately!
 
"I want to be save - I do not trust the citizens, none of them, and I feel much safer in your presence. But I don't stand watching this poor people getting tortured - even without any proper reason." She felt his strong grip, but it felt good.
"It is strange, as you aren't an evil person as long as you are yourself - you showed me. I wish I could help those poor people - and you."
 
"I still do believe that these poor people are best helped if they confess their sins as quickly as possible. It may seem cruel to you, but they are only hurting their souls by clinging to their lies. If we have to hurt their bodies to stop them doing that, then it is our duty."
She was being a little soft-hearted, that monster woman. It was understandable to be repulsed by his work, but he hoped she would see reason soon - that he was not an evil man.
 
"Maybe the haven't been lying at all... and it is all a big mistake?" said Phyliss. She wished she could clear his mind rom that horrible ideas...
 
Her naiveté startled him. Was she really that innocent, or was she playing some kind of trick on him? With an indulgent smile, he answered: "We have seen so much damage done by witches and sometimes the devil himself... witches are a real danger, I assure you."
 
Phyliss didn't answer, as she was not sure what to say to his fix idea. She wished she could relieve him from this madness, but this whole town was infected by this. Whoever started this craze? She didn't even know who that devil was he kept talking about. What could she do?
 
Seeing her so confused, sad and scared made him soft-hearted, and he started to lightly stroke her back: "Like the knight, and the executioner, I only destroy what would otherwise destroy us. I take a little too much pleasure in it, I will admit...", he added apologetically.
 
The gorgon leaned against him. "It is not that, what I worry about. I have met all kind of kinks and learned to accept them - sometimes the hard way. It is more the look of insanity I see everywhere around here."
 
He playfully slapped her on the cheek: "Hear the demon girl with a head full of snakes talk about insanity!"; after a kiss, he continued: "Yes, my job is gruesome. But so is the surgeon's. And like him, I remove harmful parts - of the soul. And I have to hurt my patients, as does he."
 
Phyliss leaned her head full of snakes on his chest. "Maybe... I am not a demon girl? But just a girl with snakes on her head?"
 
Last edited:
"Maybe... everything is possible, perhaps even a future for us."

He could not see how, but he would think of something. In the meantime, he enjoyed the feeling of her snakes wriggling against his bare chest, and stroked her back in long, slow movements.
 
Phyliss moaned softly. a moment later she heard someting in the house.
"We better rearrange ourself very quickly." she whispered.
 
"Oh, yes", he whispered back and quickly put on his robes - fortunately, they were so simple, and years of sinful escapades in the torture chamber had given him some experience with suddenly putting on an officious and pious face whenever he needed to... so he did, and hoped his practiced intimidating glare would stop anyone entering from asking too many questions.
 
Phyliss lost no time and quickly dressed again. "At least I don't have to worry about messed up hair."
 
He grinned at her remark, likewise glad that his bald head freed him from the same problem - and allowed him to strike an imposing figure, too. Whoever was coming would not dare suspect anything was amiss.
 
Fully rearranged, Phyliss stepped out of the room, looking all cool and earnest again. It was about time, as the owner of the house had returned.
 
The monk, now fully dressed and projecting the air of the personified wrath of god, followed her. He spotted the owner, but said nothing. A pair of piercing eyes from under his hood would hopefully shut up any stupid questions he might be planning to ask.
 
Phyliss came out a moment later, looking all divine and untouchable - almost unimaginable that she had been sodomized and willfully violated a few moments before. She did not say a word, but just looked at the master of the house.
 
"What is it?" he asked in a voice which, even in the dank depths of his dungeon, had never failed to make people feel even colder. "I strictly forbid you from intruding on us. I know your sins, and I know they will not stand a thorough investigation, so choose your next words carefully."
 
Phyliss kept standing, cool, not unfriendly or fierce, more like a divine creature looking down on mortals. She was curious about that fat man's words, and maybe she could use the situation for her own sake.
 
Back
Top