40 Days of Gratitude: My Very Own Dear Litster Thread

I

islandjoe2

I often see posts scattered through Litland that are critical of the “Dear Litster” type threads, where people are described so vaguely the author could literally be describing anyone, leaving everyone to wonder if they are talking about us.

I wonder how many friendships and relationships have been undone by those threads…..

I’ve been here in one form or another for almost 10 years, and I’ve seen a lot of good people come and go, often times because of a miscommunication brought on by the written word that nobody took the time to decipher. Hoping to stem the flow I’ve committed to publicly recognizing 40 people who have had a positive influence on my time here.

One person a day. The order, inclusion and exclusion have zero meaning. Comment if you’d like, or not. No expectations of any kind, these are just some people who I’m grateful to have crossed paths with that I wanted to thank.

Day 1- Soul Assassin

When you first came to Lit, in one of your previous mutations, I have to admit that I hated you, really hated you, and I looked forward to your posts for the soul reason (see what I did there) of having a legitimate reason to flame someone over and over.

I have to say, you've come a long way.

I still watch you on the threads, and I have to say the way you interact with one special lady warms my heart. I honestly wasn't sure that you could have it in you, back in the day, to be.... civil? But I truly am impressed by what appears to be genuine care for her.

I can admit when I am wrong, and though I'm sure we still have a few differing opinions, I'm glad to have had the opportunity to spar with you.

Thanks for staying true to yourself, it really is a quality that many people can't muster. Well done sir.

Day 2- LadyJS

I wish I could share this amazing Ladies story. Despite her best efforts here I've learned that she has a heart of gold and is one of the most giving people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Thank you for putting up with my endless jokes and innuendo about us hooking up. I can imagine it's gotten old, but you've always taken it in stride and with a fake smile. I've always appreciated your sarcastic sense of humor; I'd be lying if I said I haven't stolen some of your jokes and images from your profile without giving you any credit whatsoever. I'm sure you understand.

Keep telling people to fuck off, it's a skill I could only wish to have a mastery of at your level... I humbly bow in respect to you :):rose:

Day 3- Papadoc19

After I had my surgery last year, you checked in on me several times just to see how I was recovering. It's something that has stuck with me, and that I remember every time I see one of your posts. I think that one thing, though I'm sure was very small for you, really illustrated your character perfectly.

It's no surprise that you are widely respected here; some of the asshats in these parts could do themselves a tremendous favor by modeling their actions after you. Indeed, we could all probably stand to take a lesson in compassion, humility and kindness from you.

Thanks for keeping a bright perspective, if I could I'd make you King for a Day.

Day 4 - Llidar

There are so many qualities about you I admire, aside from your taste in the lacy things ;)

Gracious and welcoming, charitable and strong willed.... you've inspired me on more than one occasion, when I just wanted to lay down and nap, to get up and do things with my life. In my mind, we have been having a little competition, though realistically I know I could never compete.

Thank you for reaching out to check on me during my sporadic absences, you truly are a blessing. Keep the nuns at bay:rose:

Day 5 - ydahecnot

Everyone has their own style of writing and interacting with others here on Lit, but yours is certainly in a category of its own. In a good way. In fact, so much could I appreciate your sharp wit and sense of humor, I have unconsciously modeled myself after you. I think we can all agree that's not a bad thing.

Thank you for being the one constant bright spot here. You can always be depended on to bring levity where it's most needed and for that I and many others are most appreciative. Keep on shining, and thanks for all the fish :)

Day 6 - Misha_Davis

It's sometimes surprising how someone can pass through your space for just a few moments and still manage to leave such a lasting impression, yet that is exactly what you did.

When we crossed paths, I was not in a good place. For a short time you gave me reason to smile and something to look forward to each day. For you, it was probably not something you gave much thought to; you were being polite by responding to my queries, but to me in that small slice of time, it was the world.

So, thank you for your kind heart. I hope you find what you deserve:rose:

Day 5 - ydahecnot

Everyone has their own style of writing and interacting with others here on Lit, but yours is certainly in a category of its own. In a good way. In fact, so much could I appreciate your sharp wit and sense of humor, I have unconsciously modeled myself after you. I think we can all agree that's not a bad thing.

Thank you for being the one constant bright spot here. You can always be depended on to bring levity where it's most needed and for that I and many others are most appreciative. Keep on shining, and thanks for all the fish :)

Forgive me hijacking this. When I first read ydahecnot I didn't like him. I felt he was a smart ass. Now I know he is just smart. And a sweet ass. I like him. A lot ! His post always bring me a smile. Thankies!!

Day 1- Soul Assassin

When you first came to Lit, in one of your previous mutations, I have to admit that I hated you, really hated you, and I looked forward to your posts for the soul reason (see what I did there) of having a legitimate reason to flame someone over and over.

I have to say, you've come a long way.

I still watch you on the threads, and I have to say the way you interact with one special lady warms my heart. I honestly wasn't sure that you could have it in you, back in the day, to be.... civil? But I truly am impressed by what appears to be genuine care for her.

I can admit when I am wrong, and though I'm sure we still have a few differing opinions, I'm glad to have had the opportunity to spar with you.

Thanks for staying true to yourself, it really is a quality that many people can't muster. Well done sir.

Thank you, this thread is a good idea. Have a great day

Day 7 - Fungatorgurl101

What can I say? You're one of the most loyal friends I've ever had, in real life or elsewhere. Despite everything that you have going on in your real life, you've always been willing to listen to me piss and moan, and otherwise go on about my own problems. Your sage advice will never go unheeded, as you've proven time and again to be an incredibly stable voice of reason.

I don't know where you summon your patience from, but the well seems endless. If folks in these parts could manage half of your balance we'd all be better off. Thank you, and don't forget to put the dogs out. And let them in. And put them back out:rose:

Day 7 - Fungatorgurl101

What can I say? You're one of the most loyal friends I've ever had, in real life or elsewhere. Despite everything that you have going on in your real life, you've always been willing to listen to me piss and moan, and otherwise go on about my own problems. Your sage advice will never go unheeded, as you've proven time and again to be an incredibly stable voice of reason.

I don't know where you summon your patience from, but the well seems endless. If folks in these parts could manage half of your balance we'd all be better off. Thank you, and don't forget to put the dogs out. And let them in. And put them back out:rose:

Of course you would mention my babies lol. Thanks hun

Day 8 - Tnman03

When I was still a young, impressionable Litster, you were the first male on here that I really interacted with, and you really changed the way I associated with people, especially women. I may have still had a bit of residual "everybody here wants a screw" mentality when we met, but watching and learning from you was one of the best things I've ever done here.

You're a gentleman and a scholar, and I appreciate all you bring to Lit. Carry on good sir, and remember a heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.

Day 8 - Tnman03

When I was still a young, impressionable Litster, you were the first male on here that I really interacted with, and you really changed the way I associated with people, especially women. I may have still had a bit of residual "everybody here wants a screw" mentality when we met, but watching and learning from you was one of the best things I've ever done here.

You're a gentleman and a scholar, and I appreciate all you bring to Lit. Carry on good sir, and remember a heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.

Well thanks for the kind words Island Joe :eek: but surely someone’s going to pick up that other shoe and drop it on me anytime now…;) :D

I could name any number of Lister's who've affected my world view of this place. Far to many of them have long since ceased any form of participation here and some have passed away. :(

Day 9 - Zydrate

I know it's been many moons since we last spoke.... far too many and I regret not making more effort to correct that. I always enjoyed our conversations, in part because they always seemed to be a bit challenging. That's a compliment, I swear.
By challenging, I mean that the direction the conversation would take could never be assumed, and because of your intellect it really could cover just about anything. It was always a pleasant change of pace I've always been appreciative of.

Hope you are well, wherever you are. Mind the vampires.:rose:

Day 5 - ydahecnot

Now I feel bad about being a bit grumpy lately. :eek: I don’t get the fish thing, but sincere thanks all the same (T4T: fuhhgrrr)

Now I feel bad about being a bit grumpy lately. :eek: I don’t get the fish thing, but sincere thanks all the same (T4T: fuhhgrrr)

"so long and thanks for all the fish." - an allusion to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.:)

Last edited:
Day 10 - LizVegas79

I've always enjoyed your Ask Dr. Liz thread. I assume that most people who post on there are doing so tongue-in-cheek, with the hopes that you'll give some sexy advice and completely make their day (been there, done that).

Then, there are the few who ask a serious question but try to play it off (also been there, done that). The way you treat those people with respect, while still staying within the light-hearted intent of the thread, is more than impressive, it's a great illustration of your kind heart and care that you have for the people around you.

You're a good friend and I'm glad to be able to say so:rose:

(p.s. I'm coming to Vegas this weekend, any travel advice? ;) )

Day 11 - Twilightdreamer

If you have done yourself the disservice of not becoming friends with her, I would recommend you rectify the situation quickly.
I have learned so much from you on grace under pressure, and maintaining a positive outlook on things, I could write chapters on it. Your photos and writing should be in immortalized in book form, and you really have been a beacon for me on more than one occasion.
Keep on keepin on....to waffles:rose:

Day 6 - Misha_Davis

It's sometimes surprising how someone can pass through your space for just a few moments and still manage to leave such a lasting impression, yet that is exactly what you did.

When we crossed paths, I was not in a good place. For a short time you gave me reason to smile and something to look forward to each day. For you, it was probably not something you gave much thought to; you were being polite by responding to my queries, but to me in that small slice of time, it was the world.

So, thank you for your kind heart. I hope you find what you deserve:rose:

Thank you. You are the absolutely the sweetest :heart:

Back