What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robber Barons like George Soros, Brian Harrison, Henrik Fisker and Jeffrey R. Immelt, friends of Obama?

Or the late Steve Jobs who gave us products we wanted and created a whole cadre of the 1% who pay the lion's share of the income tax?

Maybe you mean people like Pelosi's husband? Babs Boxer?

The congress critters who engage in insider trading?

And why would I ask for a free x box?

I was raised by Quakers. You do not accept free things; they are the temptations of the devil. We earn what we eat and I've been a good earner.

I am sorry if you are not.

:(


Wait, so I'm confused... are you one of these mythical god like beings the "job creators", yourself?

Or are you just listing the rich people that you hate because of their ideologies?
:rolleyes:
 
I have worked jobs.

I don't like working that hard for other people, so I began working for myself.

I have created jobs.

I now prefer a one-man shop due to the paperwork, regulations and cost of employing.

I am not a mythical being.

I list those people because they display the hypocrisy of the Left's leadership and the cozy relationship they enjoy with the 1%; you can blast us to the mouth-breathers all you want, as long as you let us in on the game, and btw, here's some more protection money to make sure you get reelected.

They've even finally managed to shock Michael Moore...
 
On the eve of the 2012 election, the White House is pushing to politicize the impartial U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The administration is also trying to bypass the congressional oversight that protects the independence of the neutral agency.

The BLS is the nation’s premier nonpartisan statistical agency reporting on the state of the American labor market. For more than a century, both political parties have considered BLS to be independent and politically untouchable.

The BLS monthly unemployment data is a key factor contributing to the president’s unpopularity.

Over the last year, the administration has refused to fill the two top BLS positions. They have yet to nominate anyone to replace outgoing BLS Commissioner Keith Hall, whose term expires in January, and the number two post previously held by Deputy Commissioner Philip Rones has been vacant since last summer. Rones had been the bureau’s deputy since 2003, and made it widely known ahead of time that he would be retiring by the middle of 2010.

BLS career professional and Associate Commissioner John Galvin has been given limited responsibilities to cover some of the deputy duties on an acting basis, but the White House has indicated it has no interest in promoting Galvin to the post of commissioner.

A retired career economist at the U.S. Department of Labor told PJ Media the administration wants to put its own political allies into the bureau, eschewing promotion from within:

Traditionally, the deputy commissioner position has been filled by promotion from within the ranks of experienced BLS career professionals, and when Rones retired from the deputy job last summer, Hall proposed promoting a highly qualified associate commissioner [John Galvin] to the position. The labor secretary and deputy secretary rebuffed that and made it clear that they wanted someone of their choosing from outside the existing career cadre.
The Senate could get involved by exercising its Senate confirmation process for a new commissioner — but the administration has circumvented the process by not nominating anyone. Nominations usually are announced as early as six months before the expiration of a term, but with a few weeks left before Hall leaves office, it is clear no commissioner will be running the bureau through much of 2012.

This has led to speculation that the White House is trying to circumvent the Senate so as to appoint a deputy whose position does not need Senate confirmation, and who would defer to the White House and to politically aggressive Labor Secretary Hilda Solis.

One source told PJ Media the president would like to install Betsey Stevenson as the deputy commissioner. Stevenson is a Princeton academic and loyal political ally who worked as chief economist for Solis. Stevenson would be rejected by many in the Senate, which has regarded political allies as inappropriate for running the nonpartisan BLS.

Although the meddling with the BLS has received little coverage, economists and Republicans in Congress are decrying the effort. Diana Furchtgott-Roth, former chief economist at the U.S. Department of Labor under the Bush administration, called the administration’s tactics “outrageous.” She told PJ Media that meddling with the BLS personnel process could be a prelude to eventual tampering with unemployment surveys and results:

There is concern that somehow the administration will try to influence the employment numbers in this very important year coming up for election by putting a designated individual in that slot and getting around the Senate confirmation process.
http://pjmedia.com/blog/white-house...bor-statistics-pjm-exclusive/?singlepage=true
 
Things are not looking favorable for the world’s second-largest economy as the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) leadership takes steps to ensure enough economic growth in 2012 to head off massive social unrest.

The Central Economic Work Meeting (CEWM), which concluded in Beijing on Dec. 14, confirmed earlier speculation that the leadership was reversing the tight-money policy of the past two years in the interest of “guaranteeing steady growth.”

A severe-looking President Hu Jintao announced at the meeting that his administration anticipated “an extremely grim and complicated” global economic situation, which could deal a big blow to Chinese exports.

Since the global financial crisis erupted in late 2008, Beijing has mainly relied on government injections into infrastructure projects — and a highly inflationary real-estate market — to maintain a 9 percent growth rate.

Willy Lam, East-Asia-Intel.com
 
Stocks waver on EU debt talks...............again

chrtsrv.dll
 
NIGGER SHITTER SAVAGE, He who does not care

Still doesnt give a shit


Report: Obama’s EPA Ponders Expanded Regulatory Power In Name of UN’s “Sustainable Development” Plan…




Be afraid, be very, very afraid.


(Fox News) — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency wants to change how it analyzes problems and makes decisions, in a way that will give it vastly expanded power to regulate businesses, communities and ecosystems in the name of “sustainable development,” the centerpiece of a global United Nations conference slated for Rio de Janeiro next June.

The major focus of the EPA thinking is a weighty study the agency commissioned last year from the National Academies of Science. Published in August, the study, entitled “Sustainability and the U.S. EPA,” cost nearly $700,000 and involved a team of a dozen outside experts and about half as many National Academies staff.

Its aim: how to integrate sustainability “as one of the key drivers within the regulatory responsibilities of EPA.” The panel who wrote the study declares part of its job to be “providing guidance to EPA on how it might implement its existing statutory authority to contribute more fully to a more sustainable-development trajectory for the United States.”

Or, in other words, how to use existing laws to new ends.
 
Banks lead stocks lower.......well at least it isn't the EU.....

Dow 11,766.26 -100.13
 
NIGGER SHITTER SAVAGE, He who does not care

Still doesnt give a shit


Report: Obama’s EPA Ponders Expanded Regulatory Power In Name of UN’s “Sustainable Development” Plan…




Be afraid, be very, very afraid.


(Fox News) — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency wants to change how it analyzes problems and makes decisions, in a way that will give it vastly expanded power to regulate businesses, communities and ecosystems in the name of “sustainable development,” the centerpiece of a global United Nations conference slated for Rio de Janeiro next June.

The major focus of the EPA thinking is a weighty study the agency commissioned last year from the National Academies of Science. Published in August, the study, entitled “Sustainability and the U.S. EPA,” cost nearly $700,000 and involved a team of a dozen outside experts and about half as many National Academies staff.

Its aim: how to integrate sustainability “as one of the key drivers within the regulatory responsibilities of EPA.” The panel who wrote the study declares part of its job to be “providing guidance to EPA on how it might implement its existing statutory authority to contribute more fully to a more sustainable-development trajectory for the United States.”

Or, in other words, how to use existing laws to new ends.

Is this a gay rights issue??
 
Gas prices are (relatively) cheap, unemployment down...



It seems but a few years ago that we were told when the economy heats up, the market will shoot up, gas prices will shoot up and unemployment will shot up as excited workers rush back into the labor force...


;) ;)

In good news for the middle class, home energy prices are beginning to skyrocket.

“I’m just going to be honest with you. There’s not much we can do next week or two weeks from now... If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know [laughingly], you might want to think about a trade-in.”
Barack Hussein Obama, the Green Pres__ent (with no id, uh)
April 2011

obama-wide-grin80.jpg


When I was asked earlier about, uh, the issue of coal. Uhhh, y'know, under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket....
We would put a cap-and-trade system in place, eh, that is as aggressive, if not more aggressive, than anybody else's out there. So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them because they're gonna be charged a huge sum for all that, uh, greenhouse gas that's being emitted.

Barack Hussein Obama
Editorial board meeting, San Francisco Chronicle
January 2008

"How about just tracking down every single person who said drill baby drill and putting them all in prison. Why don’t we do that?"
Alan Grayson
 
Last edited:
Stocks surge on European outlook, US housing data
The Dow rises more than 200 points as US housing starts increase more than expected. European officials agree on additional funding for the IMF. German business sentiment improves. Gold and oil rise.
 
OH JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE DANCE!!!





Higher gas prices and unemployment numbers must be just around the corner!!!
 
Stocks surge on European outlook, US housing data
The Dow rises more than 200 points as US housing starts increase more than expected. European officials agree on additional funding for the IMF. German business sentiment improves. Gold and oil rise.

US housing starts? like we need more houses.....jobs are jobs I guess.
 
Dow 12,086.40 +320.14

Stocks are up 300+?
defcon1.png



Better get AJ or Vetty in here with random bad economic news from Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan, STAT!

You know the drill by now, Koalabear, the Glibertarian Prime Directive applies: "NO GOOD ECONOMIC NEWS DURING THE NIGGAR'S PRESIDENCY"
 
Stocks are up 300+?
defcon1.png



Better get AJ or Vetty in here with random bad economic news from Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan, STAT!

You know the drill by now, Koalabear, the Glibertarian Prime Directive applies: "NO GOOD ECONOMIC NEWS DURING THE NIGGAR'S PRESIDENCY"

Racist morbidly obese troll slobber, just like UD. :cool:
 
Don't believe in this rally
We need some real signs that the Europe situation is under control.

Ah, so it's German business confidence that holds the key. That's how we can rally so convincingly. It took only one good confidence number, as well as a Spanish bond auction that wasn't a disaster, and all is well again with the CurrencyShares Euro Trust (FXE +0.65%) above 130 and the European stock markets rallying with alacrity.


Oh, if only it were that simple. If only it were like the old days, with a garden-variety recession and a chance that we could come out of it with a couple of good indicators. Unfortunately, it isn't.

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=d68fb1e9-fd33-44b3-835e-02629d49178e&_nwpt=1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top