What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realizing that my kids are going to another midnight movie tonight, which gives us some unrestricted (but not unfettered :D) playtime. Now I need to figure out how to get them gone a little extra earlier. Hehehe.

From an article titled, "36 Terrible Sex Tips for Men,":

27. "81 percent of women do not want you to attempt anal sex without asking."​
Really? Only 81 percent? I would have thought it would be at least 86 or 87 percent. :rolleyes: That means if I just bore in without warning five times, one of them will be happy about it. That's almost Mendoza line stats!

One of my daughters yelling "PENIS!!!!" at the top of her lungs just to get a laugh! I'm teaching that one well!!! :D

From an article titled, "36 Terrible Sex Tips for Men,":

27. "81 percent of women do not want you to attempt anal sex without asking."​
Really? Only 81 percent? I would have thought it would be at least 86 or 87 percent. :rolleyes: That means if I just bore in without warning five times, one of them will be happy about it. That's almost Mendoza line stats!

Ha ha thanks for the link, SW! From the same article, I rather enjoyed "If she's averse to this idea, spit in her sports drink." :D

Checked my grades this morning, and after three writing assignments I'm at a 100%.

I really makes me feel good that all of my stress and pushing myself can so visibly be seen.

Midterm Monday, and I'm not worried about it at all.

We actually have an almost totally overcast day, today. That's so totally rare for here in July, and I'm reveling in it. We're not even supposed to break 100.

ETA: It's actually raining!!!

Last edited:
Checked my grades this morning, and after three writing assignments I'm at a 100%.

I really makes me feel good that all of my stress and pushing myself can so visibly be seen.

Midterm Monday, and I'm not worried about it at all.
We're not worried, either. :p

And you shouldn't be worried. You can DO this. As a matter of fact, based on your writing assignments, you ARE doing this. :rose:

We're not worried, either. :p

And you shouldn't be worried. You can DO this. As a matter of fact, based on your writing assignments, you ARE doing this. :rose:

:eek:

Honestly it's not the school bit I'm worried about at all. I feel fairly confident there. It's the work bit. And I'm not even worried that I "can't" do it, I know I can, and I have proven that I can, it's that I don't want to.

I'm tired of wearing myself out for the Mcjob and I've decided that I'm not going to. I don't have any ambition there anymore, and the only slight bit that I was showing was just to try to get them to pay for my schooling.

Honestly it's not the school bit I'm worried about at all. I feel fairly confident there. It's the work bit. And I'm not even worried that I "can't" do it, I know I can, and I have proven that I can, it's that I don't want to.

I'm tired of wearing myself out for the Mcjob and I've decided that I'm not going to. I don't have any ambition there anymore, and the only slight bit that I was showing was just to try to get them to pay for my schooling.

*fist bumps*

Yeah, life has been 'challenging' lately but man I still wake up happy every day. I have a dream and I'm working my hardest to make it come true. I'm going to hit walls. I'm going to fail...lots. I'm going to take wrong turns and make bad decisions. I'm going to have bad luck or no luck.

But I'm not going to quit.

Yeah, life has been 'challenging' lately but man I still wake up happy every day. I have a dream and I'm working my hardest to make it come true. I'm going to hit walls. I'm going to fail...lots. I'm going to take wrong turns and make bad decisions. I'm going to have bad luck or no luck.

Totally feeling this lately. Or need to feel this. I have this odd crazy path for myself that I'm forging and there's no real blueprint. Okay, there's no blueprint at all. I mean, some people do x and some people do y and some people do z and I'm trying to do some crazy combination that pnly makes sense in my head and (for the dork factor) google spreadsheet. And no one outside my family really gets it. But that's ok.

Totally feeling this lately. Or need to feel this. I have this odd crazy path for myself that I'm forging and there's no real blueprint. Okay, there's no blueprint at all. I mean, some people do x and some people do y and some people do z and I'm trying to do some crazy combination that pnly makes sense in my head and (for the dork factor) google spreadsheet. And no one outside my family really gets it. But that's ok.

The road less traveled is...scary. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does, or very few people do, and even when some people think you're completely nuts, and some tell you you're completely nuts. Somehow, you have to plow ahead despite all this.

And it is OK.

In fact, it's awesome. Even when it isn't. ;)

Good luck ITW!!! :rose:

The road less traveled is...scary. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does, or very few people do, and even when some people think you're completely nuts, and some tell you you're completely nuts. Somehow, you have to plow ahead despite all this.

And it is OK.

Good luck ITW!!! :rose:

Is it a bad sign that I mispelled only? ;)

Thank you, and you too!

And it is OK.

*Pours some of this thought into a shot glass and shoots it back*

It clearly wasn't meant for me but it couldn't be more relevant to the strains that have me so very tired tonight. Thanks for posting it. :rose:

It's July.

I finally finish my job, I have my birthday, I go to the airport to go for a 2-week holiday to Canada - all in July.

Then in late August I do NOTHING AT ALL :)D) for a fortnight... then I take my car and my dog and my man to France for 3 weeks... then I move house.... then I start at uni.

As my Jamaican ex-husband would say, "soon come" :D

Damn. Look at all the #*?! forward movement!

I got a very pointed but gentle talking-to about a few things. I get it now, and I'll be...braver in the future.

Yeah - we're leaving you men behind! :D

On a related note to what Keroin's been sayin'...

I am starting to get tired of all the people who, when they learn what I'm doing (chucking in a lucrative and secure career of 19 years to start again from scratch in a TOTALLY different discipline), say "Oh! That's brave!". Clearly, from their tone of voice/facial expression, "brave" is a euphemism for "stupid" - just as it was when people said it 5 years ago when I said I was selling up, leaving my husband and everyone I knew behind, and moving to the other end of the country to work at home alone, in a place where I knew NOBODY within a radius of 250 miles, just cos I fancied a change and I wanted to be near the sea and the hills. They all said I was "brave" (meaning "stupid") then. And people are saying the same thing in the same tone of voice now.

Well.

The change 5 years ago was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Here's hoping that this change will work out just as well as that one did.

I am starting to get tired of all the people who, when they learn what I'm doing (chucking in a lucrative and secure career of 19 years to start again from scratch in a TOTALLY different discipline), say "Oh! That's brave!". Clearly, from their tone of voice/facial expression, "brave" is a euphemism for "stupid" - just as it was when people said it 5 years ago when I said I was selling up, leaving my husband and everyone I knew behind, and moving to the other end of the country to work at home alone, in a place where I knew NOBODY within a radius of 250 miles, just cos I fancied a change and I wanted to be near the sea and the hills. They all said I was "brave" (meaning "stupid") then. And people are saying the same thing in the same tone of voice now.

Well.

The change 5 years ago was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Here's hoping that this change will work out just as well as that one did.

I think, to a certain degree, that they're envious. I know I am, and have been thinking of revamping my life in much the same way. Soon
Rock on, cp!!
:rose:

Here's the thing...change is good. The end result may be nothing like what you hope for or imagine but neither will it be 'bad'. For most people, the thought of drastically uprooting (mentally or physically) is frightening, no matter how unsatisfied they may be with their life. But who wants to admit that? So it's easier for them to think you're stupid for doing what you're doing than to admit they are afraid to do the same.

That doesn't make them bad people; everyone has to take their own path. And the fact is that leaping into the unknown is risky and there is a very real possibility of failure.

BUT!

'Failure' is where we grow and learn. Failure is where some of the best stuff in life happens.

You're going to have a blast CP. Enjoy every moment! :rose:

*Pours some of this thought into a shot glass and shoots it back*

It clearly wasn't meant for me but it couldn't be more relevant to the strains that have me so very tired tonight. Thanks for posting it. :rose:

Hey, I'm pouring for whoever's drinking! ;)

And you're welcome. You keep rocking on with your bad self CC, I'll be cheering from the sidelines. :rose:

We fucking ROCK! :D

Well.

That is so funny because someone recently used that word to me too and I kind of went huhhhhh. Like it didn't completely sit right with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back