A mortal in the Band (Closed)

He slowed when he saw Eden, the tear she wiped away made him walk over to her. He halted, awkward, not sure as to what to do next.

"Eden? What's wrong?"
 
Forgive me... I... I thought you two could have been one in the same. I... I guess I was simply lost in a long dead dream. I accept that I stand against them... Alone... I... Can't ask Omen to get anymore involved than he is. After all it is their eldest brother and those that side with a kingdomless heir.

She was talking as if to the door or what it hid.

Farewell... Beloved.

She turned seeing him there and froze lips parted to speak but no words fell. The necklace held onto a single blood tear she had missed.
 
He frowned at her words. Stand alone? Kingdomless heir? Why did it feel so familiar? Words of a song yes, but there were more than that. His eye caught the drop of blood and he reached out and took hold of her hand.

"Eden what is going on? First Omen and now you. What are you not telling me?"
 
They... I... You...

She leaned back against the door.

They believe you are the living vow Lucien made to me a very very long time ago. That he would find me again. Death would only be a temporary glimpse of bell and that they would not win. Omen... the old woman... Lucien... Me... They would never truly win as long as we... Foolish and insane dreams. Even Lucien stubborn and true as he was cannot defy death... And you... Are life's proof of that. To look like play like sound like...

As she looked to him the tears struggled to find a way to fall. Omen started to walk over but the old woman stopped him.

Her pain and tears will force your brother's hand Omen. I have faith in this young one and Lucien becoming one soul once more.
 
They believe you are the living vow Lucien made to me a very very long time ago. That he would find me again. Death would only be a temporary glimpse of hell and that they would not win. Omen... the old woman... Lucien... Me... They would never truly win as long as we... Foolish and insane dreams. Even Lucien stubborn and true as he was cannot defy death... And you... Are life's proof of that. To look like play like sound like...

He frowned. Long ago again. So it wasn't just his imagination, something was up. But she said that he looked and played like this Lucien. He looked back up at her, into her eyes, seeing the hurt and confusion there.

"What is going on?"
 
She finally broke down crying the blood tears flowing. She heard so much of Lucien in his voice and question. At first trying to hide them from him. Looking away the fangs also growing into place.
 
No matter how hard she tried to conceal the fangs, he saw them. The tears of blood was even more of a shock. He watched in shock as she broke down in tears, then in the back of his mind there was a faint click and memories came rushing forward. Memories so close to the dreams, yet so far removed from everything he knew.

He reached out for her and drew her close to him, "Nu plânge dragostea mea, eu sunt aici."

And this time he knew what he had said and he also knew that those memories, they were his own. He held Eden to him, letting the bloody tears fall onto his shirt, "Eu sunt aici acum."
 
She had looked to him as he spoke. She closed her eyes trying to remember his native language. Till finally she whispered.

Lucien...
 
"It is me my love. I have returned to as I have promised. I am a mortal now, but we have time."

He stroked her velvet hair and took in her smell, things he have missed. Things the boy could have had, given time. Now his plans were rushed, not only by Eden's pain, but also by the threat. But for now he enjoyed her body against his own and the old familiar smell of her.
 
Lucien...

She was shaking hugging him close her blood tests now joy as she kissed him. Had Lucien and Alex become one or did Lucien simply take over the boy... She didn't know and for the moment didn't care.

I hsve missed you my love.
 
He kissed her back and smiled at her words, her hug robbing him of breath, "A bit lighter on the strength love, I am not fully what I once were."

He kissed her bloodied cheeks and smiled at her, "Your presence called to me whenever Alex came near you. I gave him memories, in a year or two he would have been me. Now...now he is me and I am him. It will take some time, but soon I will be whole again."
 
She relaxed her hug as she stared into his eyes.

There is time. Your eldest brother is slowly making his presence known but still will not pass the great old house. The wolves within it will help us. Our wolf ally will be returning soon as well.

Omen walked up.

Brother?
 
He placed a hand on Omen's muscular shoulder, "You have not grown at all little brother."

He grinned and pulled Omen closer, the hug robbing him of breath again. "Nnnngh you guys really missed me."
 
Eden smiled glad to see them reunited as well.

We will have to learn to be gentle now that you are mortal.

Omen loosened up his hug

I forgot brother... Sorry. Perhaps grandmother can turn you when and if you wish.
 
He smiled and nodded, "I agree, but for now our mortal need to understand the live before I take him there. He still craves the sun."

He took Eden's hand and held it, "We have a few things to talk about. I have been in the Darkside on the Wheel of Life too long."
 
She nodded and reached for the door now that they were mostly one it was time.

Yes we should go and talk. Omen let grandmother know that he has returned.
 
He hesitated for a moment and then followed her through the entrance, the red door slowly closing behind them.
 
Every stitch of their lives before rested in the room.

Everything we could all get out hands on. Even... The sword.

She smiled to him letting him take it all in
 
He looked around, astonished at the collection.

"You have it all..."

His eyes came to rest on the centrepiece, the sword. He slowly walked over and gingerly touched it.

"You even found this. How long did this take to collect?"
 
Lifetimes but everything is here. They have nothing that they can use against you now. Your eldest brother those loyal to him... None of them have anything to use against you.

She smiled watching him.
 
He smiled as he looked through the life that was once his.

"They will pay for what they have done to you."

He turned and walked back to her, his arms circling her narrow waist and drawing her close to him. His lips finding her own like they had never been apart.

The kiss was long and drawn out, the first for Alex and a return for Lucien. When they finally parted, he gave her a smile,

"I can remember the music. We must make music as well."
 
She sank into fhe kiss hugging him tight. When the kiss broke and she heard him speak of music she laughed a little.

Yes but I warn you... The style of music has changed greatly in your absence love.
 
He smiled at her, running a hand over her familiar yet unknown back, "I know, I have been listening for years. You really did adapt quite well, especially taken into account how popular you have become."

He looked around the room once more, "Alex had never really wondered what was behind the red door only because you told him to never go through it. It would have helped actually."

He looked at her, "So how do you feed these days?"
 
A couple of the blood families remained loyal to us. That is our primary supply.

She sighed.

Perhaps it would have but this was our world I... I had to protect it.
 
He rested his arm around her shoulders and looked at the room once more, "And so you did my love, you did a very good job at preserving it and how you kept it so dust-free is even more amazing."
 
Back
Top