What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Big Business Buddies force the government into more regulation by sneaking around the ones that are already in place.

If the greedy bastards would just play inside the rules there would be no reason to expand the rules.

Now that they've spent us into a huge hole...they're trying to scapegoat business and say this mess is because they weren't paying enough in taxes in the first place. Pleeeasssse, give me a break.

I'd be happy to take spending back to 2007 levels....or, if you want, even back to levels when Clinton was President.

Entitlement spending has automatic increases built into each program. Are your Republicans willing to repeal and replace Medicare and Medicaid? I doubt it.

Mornin' AJ.

Well Petey, you can make your stand by boycotting them and burning dung instead of gas for your heat and electricity. As for me, I'm going to support those who work to provide gas, water and electricity in a way thats clean, efficient and affordable.

Mornin' AJ.

Well Petey, you can make your stand by boycotting them and burning dung instead of gas for your heat and electricity. As for me, I'm going to support those who work to provide gas, water and electricity in a way thats clean, efficient and affordable.

I do not want to give them the blank check. There are methods for extracting the gas that does not seem to cause the harm that fracking does. Guess what? It provides CHEAP gas!

You might be more concerned if your drinking water started smelling like spray paint.

One example. How many other low bellied Big Business practices are fucking America and the world?

Noted - and I agree. Government should be pushed down to the lowest level possible. But with respect to environmental regulations (which I believe the EPA's regulations on power plants started this), individuals and communities don't have the horsepower to fight pollution that may be coming from 600 or 700 miles away.

With respect to the National 55 mph (now 65 I believe) - if it's a federal funded and maintained road - they can set it wherever they want. As a minor point; States and communities are free to have a speed limit of 1000 mph if they want. But if they want to feed at the public trough, they have to eat what's served.

Yes, they do, at the State Level. On the other hand, there is no reason for the economy of KANSAS to suffer economically under outrageous impositions because Virginia and West Virginia, both downwind, are pointing fingers at each other and petitioning the Federal Government to protect them from each other and Pennsylvania too where they don't need to have any proof of actual damages, just upcoming elections and politicians who will pander to their electoral votes and set about writing them some favorable regulations and waivers!

Yeah, how well is that working out for our disappearing middle-class? After-all pristine air and water is very important to a hungry homeless citizen...

Remember Arsenic in water, Clinton, Bush and the environmental crusaders?

To them, and as we see with our current EPA, economics are of no consideration, just outcomes based sometimes on dubious pop science.

As far as the Interstate system, I am not a fan of it and I think, in the long run, it did more harm that good, but, yes, render Caesar his due.

Last edited:
That would be true if the court was an equal playing field. It is not. It is far from it.

How is a single man, if he does not have the bank account of Bill Gates, going to pay to get justice? He cannot.

I'm sorry, but I guess you don't watch much TV and see all the advertising by lawyers looking for a victim and a payday...

They work around a concept known as CONTINGENCY.

How is a single man, when wronged by the government going to get justice when for the vast majority of wrongs, they simply cannot be taken to court.

Of course, the government CAN join with some poor fellow in a case before the court...

;) ;)

How did all of his money get Bill Gates any measure of Justice when the Clinton's decided to shake him down?

All it got him was to begin lobbying and buying government officials.

But, see, that's LEGAL!

:)

I do not want to give them the blank check. There are methods for extracting the gas that does not seem to cause the harm that fracking does. Guess what? It provides CHEAP gas!

You might be more concerned if your drinking water started smelling like spray paint.

One example. How many other low bellied Big Business practices are fucking America and the world?

There is no proof that fracking causes damage, just myths.

I provided Hellbaby a link in her hysterical thread about fracking.

I think it was Popular Mechanics. Go look.

gas industry self regulation

There is no proof that fracking causes damage, just myths.

I provided Hellbaby a link in her hysterical thread about fracking.

I think it was Popular Mechanics. Go look.

"Do you smell spray paint?"

"No! I smell money! Keep pumping!!"

That's the one thing the eco-warriors want to avoid at any cost...

Actually proving their claims before an impartial jury that gets to hear the other side of the story too.

With government, they don't have to bother with any of that, they just have to raise lots of cash.

Entitlement spending has automatic increases built into each program. Are your Republicans willing to repeal and replace Medicare and Medicaid? I doubt it.

Are you Clinton progressives willing to pay back what you stole from the SS fund. I doubt it.

"Do you smell spray paint?"

"No! I smell money! Keep pumping!!"

Here Pete....

2125.gif
2125.gif

now pull the blue lever. :D

Mornin' AJ.

HE-lar-ious!

I have Washington Gas, WSSC and Pepco. All are granted a government monopoly to provide services, at a certain price, and quality. All are granted easements to convey their product over the property of other individuals and answer to the regulators when they fall short in serving the public.

You provided better examples of the need for regulation then I could have thought of on my own. Kuddos

HE-lar-ious!

I have Washington Gas, WSSC and Pepco. All are granted a government monopoly to provide services, at a certain price, and quality. All are granted easements to convey their product over the property of other individuals and answer to the regulators when they fall short in serving the public.

You provided better examples of the need for regulation then I could have thought of on my own. Kuddos

Yeah, the government easemented our family farm right out of existence and it was four generations old...

:(

No pain, no gain!

Now, are those grants and easements out of Washington DC?

Yeah, the government easemented our family farm right out of existence and it was four generations old...

:(

No pain, no gain!

Now, are those grants and easements out of Washington DC?

Make a difference? I got the county,state,fed. screwing up 160 ac. of my place. They pay well to,take it or see you in our court. Good luck on that. But on the bright side I,m so happy I could shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back