How to meet people when travelling

polymath88

Experienced
I travel a lot for work and it gets lonely. Does anyone have any advice on how to meet people to spend some time with on those lonely evenings?
I tried Craigslist, but the women posting on there don't seem to be real and I can't always post because they sometimes need a verification code sent to a cell phone from that country.
Let me know if there is a better way. Or even if there is a way that seems to work without using the internet.
Or if you're a woman near a big city, PM me with your location and I'll let you know if I'm travelling there soon.

If I'm away on business, I like finding a big, boisterous Italian restaurant and asking if I can order the full menu from the bar. If so, I do. Pretty soon you're chatting with everyone.

It rarely leads to sex, if that is what the OP is all about, but it beats sitting alone in your room.

Try tinder, it works better for women than for men, but it's an option.

From your post, it's not clear whether you're just looking for "meet people" in general or "have sex with women" in particular, or something in between. Might want to clarify that.

Eat at the Bar

Look for a large hotel and eat dinner at the bar. If you can wait until 9 pm or later it works best. A woman eating there is also alone and after a drink or two is usually very talkative and easy to strike up a conversation with. It always amazes me that as much as woman complain that men only have one thing on their mind, they also are looking to have some fun when they are on the road and traveling alone on business.

Tinder is good, but it's a very young crowd, and it's totally and completely impersonal. Not my kind of thing.

Restaurant bars work, as others have said, especially if you care to know the person somewhat before you decide if anything is going to happen. Hotel bars are even better if it does good business.

Look for a large hotel and eat dinner at the bar. If you can wait until 9 pm or later it works best. A woman eating there is also alone and after a drink or two is usually very talkative and easy to strike up a conversation with. It always amazes me that as much as woman complain that men only have one thing on their mind, they also are looking to have some fun when they are on the road and traveling alone on business.

This is better stated than what I said.

Now it is clear for me why they have a bar :)

Back