Makeovers

LostGirlTink

Adorkable weirdo
Joined
Jan 6, 2017
Posts
10,519
They say loss makes one change your appearance and I suppose that's true.
How does one make a complete transformation? Where do you start? Hair, face, body, clothes?
Are there people who actually specialize in this other than tv shows?
 
They say loss makes one change your appearance and I suppose that's true.
How does one make a complete transformation? Where do you start? Hair, face, body, clothes?
Are there people who actually specialize in this other than tv shows?

A glamour photographer is a possibility - they will do someone's makeup and style their hair, and some supply a costume. They don't cut hair, do anything with the body, or teach you how to do the makeup yourself, though. On the other hand anyone who sells makeup for Mary Kay or a similar company will host parties or personal sessions where they will demonstrate the makeup on you and teach you how to do it, but you are pretty much obligated to buy all the samples they use on you and it can run you $100 pretty easily. Another possibility with makeup and hairstyles is that you could take a photo of your face and use a web app to virtually try out different looks. Or there are lots of youtube shows about how to do different kinds of makeup and hairstyles.
 
I'd start small if anything at all.

I think the last thing anyone should do is commit to drastic change when they're in the height of any kind of emotional upheaval.

<3

Amen!

The most important thing, I think, is to give yourself a chance to recognize who you want to be. AND why you want to be that. Incremental changes spread over time will give you a chance to see if you like the direction you are headed.

There are people who do this, off camera, but I should mention they are typically costly endeavors if undertaken all at once.

Something else you might consider is playing with some software such as this to check your own thoughts and look at taking it slower.

May the wind be at your back and the sun out of your eyes for a better tomorrow. :rose::cool:
 
Dollie

My idol Dolly Parton came up with her trashy style of dress because she loved how the local prostitute looked. She also says it costs a lot of money to look cheap.
I'm older than Dolly and looked cheap way before she did. My husband helped me to dress like a hooker or stripper without spending a lot of money.
I no longer wear all of the make up or wigs but still go out sort of looking trashy. I love it, my husband loves the look, and so do a lot of friends.

Several times as our young daughter was growing up we got those glamour make up photos. Neither of us looked like who we really are. I'll brag and admit we did look sexy. My daughter now grown, has gotten those make up photos again over the years. At 47 she still looks 25 and we like her natural with just a little make up.

I've been married to the same man forever. He sees me every morning and has never complained about it. Keep in mind, if and when you do find someone someday they'll see the real you. Women don't need Mary Kay, wigs, and implants to look pretty. :rose:

I think I got off the main topic. But there is no reason to make a complete change unless you are hiding from someone. Changing the way you style your hair and different clothing than what you've worn would be a big change.
 
Yes, start small and let that grow, that way you see the steps and direction you should go.
They say the eyes are the windows to the world, have always loved eyes and people can also see in through them also.
 
I'm not thinking about cosmetic surgery, just a makeover and I think when you're hurting is the exact right time to do it. No one else has ever looked into the mirror and thought, I don't want to be that woman anymore? I want different hair and different make up and new clothes and to be 4 inches taller (oh I wish)

Hmmmm. I can not be the only one.
 
Well that’s different to how I read the OP. Go for it. Though maybe don’t get your legs stretched. 😂

I went from brunette to blonde this year. I can attest to that being a real and drastic change. It has been fun as I’ve been able to to play with colour more and go into rose gold and pink toners. My hairdresser loves me because I just let her branch out a bit with it and have fun.

I am likely going back to brunette soon but it’s been a fun change after a lifetime with dark hair. You could do something like that for a drastic but relatively simple to achieve makeover.

I think a hair change is going to be top of the list. No leg stretching though!
 
When I wanted to change some things I went to YouTube. I learned tips and tricks for makeup, hair and skin care. :) It was a slow process and was really kind of fun to focus on something like learning about makeup and what looked best for me. Also, I was focusing on me and what I wanted and how it made me feel. It was really great to get to know me and the things I genuinely like.

I also looked at tips for clothing. I'm really short so it's hard to find clothes made for people my size and a lot of the stuff available is made to look good on people average+. So I looked for tips on where to find short/petite clothes and also what looks best. Tips like nude pointed toe shoes to "lengthen" the leg or buying clothes in different sections possibly including the kids section. It just depends on what you're looking for.

Good luck :)
 
Must you stay where you are? We've found that a slight transition can produce huge change. Go where nobody knows who the fuck you are; be who/whatever you want. Transform your style, your speech, your life. Don the superhero spandex or the pineapple headgear. Play weird musics and dances. Join a Gnostic group. Levitate.
 
Retail therapy is highly effective. I'd start there with a few new pieces for your wardrobe (or a total overhaul) and some new cosmetics. Paired with a spa day for your hair and nails and you're on the right path for a fresh new start.
 
These people are called stylists.

What you start with is probably your attitude and view on life. WIthout changing the inside it's pointless.

As far as outside goes - the answer is probably "it depends". Some people would get drastic benefit by changing hairstyle or color, while others may benefit most from new clothes style or something.

The only universal improvement that everyone can do that will always make a hige difference - is getting fit. But if you already are slim and sporty - that's not for you. It's not like getting muscular is a good thing for everyone, lol.
 
Maybe an attitude change about yourself is the place to start. Just a thought.
 
Back
Top