Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Politics Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 08-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #76
smallgirl
Literotica Guru
 
smallgirl is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
How do immigrants dodge paying taxes? Is there a special discount they get at the gas pump? Instead of a ZIP code, can they put in a country number and the price drops by a third?
The check stub I saw of the immigrant I worked with? She claimed 10 dependents. She was married and had 3 kids. So she paid no taxes. She told me they all did that to keep all their money.

Legal? No clue. All I know is the ones I worked with did this.
__________________
"The world is not full of assholes. But, they are strategically placed so that you'll come across one every day."-Unknown


Strong Women. Be one of them, support them, and raise them.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #77
phrodeau
Literotica Guru
 
phrodeau's Avatar
 
phrodeau is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hobbiton, The Shire (away on business)
Posts: 61,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallgirl View Post
The check stub I saw of the immigrant I worked with? She claimed 10 dependents. She was married and had 3 kids. So she paid no taxes. She told me they all did that to keep all their money.

Legal? No clue. All I know is the ones I worked with did this.
You don't know if it's legal or not? Maybe you should check what your husband does on your tax forms and find out if that's legal or not.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #78
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
Jeff Sessions stepped away from Russiagate, but Sessions has no problem with defying a judge

The court judges were coldly disappearing undocumented immigrants seeking sanctuary and asylum. Every trick in the book was used, to deport the prisoners. Quick, and very dirty maneuvers, were exposed as cruel.

Jeff Sessions broke a promise not to deport a mother and daughter fleeing gang and domestic violence in El Salvador until the judge had a chance to rule on their case.

JUDGE CALLS GOVERNMENT’S DEPORTATION OF MOM AND CHILD BEFORE HEARING ‘UNACCEPTABLE.’ LAWSUIT BROUGHT BY ACLU AND CENTER FOR GENDER & REFUGEE STUDIES
AUGUST 9, 2018


WASHINGTON — A federal court has blocked the deportation of immigrants fleeing domestic violence and gang brutality who brought a lawsuit filed Tuesday by the American Civil Liberties Union and Center for Gender & Refugee Studies.

The ACLU was in court today successfully seeking an emergency stay of removal for plaintiffs — many of whom are women fleeing extreme sexual and gang violence. New “expedited removal” policies put forth by Attorney General Jeff Sessions instruct asylum officers to “generally” deny such claims, undermining the fundamental human rights of women and contradicting decades of settled domestic and international law.

During yesterday's hearing before U.S. District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, word came that the government had put a mother and her daughter who are plaintiffs in this case on a deportation flight to Central America — despite assurances in open court just yesterday that no plaintiff would be deported before midnight.

https://www.aclu.org/news/federal-co...ation-policies

(They attempted to sneak a mother and child out of the country in the early morning hours.)


(Defying the orders from judges worked well for Sessions, deporting undocumented immigrants out of the country before a court date, made the rights of immigrants moot.)


The lead ACLU attorney Jennifer Chang Newell, who was participating in the court hearing via phone from her office in California, received an email during the hearing that said the mother and daughter were being deported.

During a brief recess, she told her colleagues the pair had been taken from a family detention center in Dilley, Tex., to the airport in San Antonio for a morning flight.

After being informed of the situation, Sullivan granted the ACLU’s request to delay deportations for Carmen and the other plaintiffs until the lawsuit is decided, and ordered the government to “turn the plane around."


Justice Department attorney Erez Reuveni said he had not been told the deportation was happening that morning and could not confirm the whereabouts of Carmen and her daughter. The ACLU said later that government attorneys informed them after the hearing that the pair was on a flight to El Salvador.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.4b63b3b0b882

Judge issued orders, and Jeff Sessions was defiant.

DC District Judge Emmet Sullivan agreed with the American Civil Liberties Union that the immigrants they are representing in a federal lawsuit should not be deported while their cases are pending.


(Who followed Jeff Sessions's orders, and put the mother and child on the jet ?)

"Oh, I want those people brought back forthwith. ... I'm not asking, I'm ordering," Sullivan said upon learning what had happened, which Justice Department attorney Erez Reuveni confirmed, according to a transcript of the hearing.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/polit...ons/index.html

(It is not legal, but Jeff Sessions will do it, anyway.)


"This is pretty outrageous," Sullivan said, "Somebody in pursuit of justice in a United States court is just — is spirited away while her attorneys are arguing for justice for her?"

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/09/63726...asylum-seekers

12 people were part of the court case, but Jeff Sessions disappeared four of them.


(Jeff Sessions decided that protecting people from murder from gangs or violent domestic partners was not America's responsibility. In line with Trump's hostility toward the press and media, journalists are deported, though their lives are in danger.

The case of Carmen and J.A.C.F. demonstrates the cruelty of Sessions’ decision in June to unilaterally overturn a Board of Immigration Appeals ruling that had granted domestic violence survivors the opportunity to apply for asylum on the basis of persecution for “membership in a particular social group.” That board had determined in 2014 that women in a certain country who are unable to leave abusive relationships counted as such a group for asylum seeking purposes, but Sessions’ overturned that decision.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ed-states.html

Trump and Jeff Sessions have gone beyond legal approaches to deport undocumented immigrants, because there were not enough blocks to gaining asylum.

Trump is attempting to add another block.

The White House recently sent a proposal to the Office of Management and Budget for review that would allow the Department of Homeland Security to deny an immigrant a green card or citizenship because they have used welfare programs.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...ng-citizenship


(Half-assed effort, based on half-baked plan, results in children falling through the cracks. Yeah, the safety and well being of children, women, or men has fuck-all to do with I.C.E. raids. It was a cluster-fuck. Like Good Nazis, I.C.E follows orders, and gets their sadistic jollies,too.)

I.C.E has run out of easy pickings provided by public documents of law abiding immigrants, and racist snitches. They are now raiding businesses, on the off-chance that some workers are not legal citizens.

Dozens of agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Homeland Security Investigations surrounded businesses suspected of illegally employing undocumented immigrants while cheating them out of wages in both Nebraska and Minnesota. The agents executed arrest warrants for 17 people connected to the alleged conspiracy “to exploit alien laborers for profit, fraud, wire fraud and money laundering,” ICE said in a statement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.510850a2d3bf


As is the usual practice, I.C.E told lies. Why follow the law, or tell the truth, when the White House breaks the law ?
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #79
JackLuis
Literotica Guru
 
JackLuis's Avatar
 
JackLuis is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La La Calif
Posts: 14,144
Jeff Sessions should be charged with contempt and go to jail where ‘he belongs’: Former top DOJ official

Lock Him UP, Lock Him Up!

No elf is above the Law!

Quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions belongs in jail for his role in the Trump administration’s family separation policy, the former acting general counsel of the former Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) explained to MSNBC’s Katy Tur on Friday.

Retired Judge Paul Schmidt served over a decade at the U.S. Immigration Court in Arlington, Virginia. He also served over a decade as the deputy general counsel of INS and was acting general counsel during the administrations of Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter.

MSNBC correspondent Jacob Soboroff reported a federal judge “threatened to hold the Attorney General of the United States in contempt of court for this behavior by the government.”
__________________
JackLuis-

Here My Stories

Creative Copulation - Gods do it too!

My New Best Friend, for our VE's


Spreading Seeds Sagas- Can a young man find happiness in a world where there ten women for every man?

"Fiction writers are just liars with typing skills."
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 09:15 PM   #80
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
August 15, 2018

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency is coordinating with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to target undocumented immigrants married to U.S. citizens, according to a new lawsuit filed by the ACLU.


ICE denied they are cooperating with USCIS in this manner, while USCIS wouldn’t comment to the AP:

https://apnews.com/92c4b48d7a494db0b...ort-immigrants
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #81
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
Nobody (that has paid attention to Trump's policy of pain) can deny the cruelty of Jeff Sessions. Oh, look! Many were involved in the plan put into action.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...and-CBP-heroes

Now, Trump's stormtroopers are getting rewarded for destroying their own humanity, empathy, and decency-

August 16, 2018

Medals to be given to sadists, working for I.C.E and Border Patrol

Aug. 20 in the East Room, an administration official confirmed, in the latest signal that the Trump administration anticipates the midterm fallout from its zero-tolerance border policy very differently from its critics.


Jessica Vaughan, director of policy studies for the restrictionist Center for Immigration Studies, cheered the planned White House event for ICE and CPB officials

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-agents-781748




When I first spoke with ICE officers, they told us, ‘Why did you come from your country?’, ‘Don’t you know that we hate you people?’, ‘We don’t want you in our country.’

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...people-697727/

August 16, 2018


https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-agents-781748

These out-of-control immigration agents are also deadly. Border officials initially claimed Claudia Patricia Gómez González, an unarmed migrant woman who crossed illegally into Texas, was shot and killed because she attacked an agent. They lied. A follow-up statement removed any references to the “blunt objects” she allegedly had in her hand—their claim had been disputed by an eyewitness— and a planned press conference was cancelled.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...and-CBP-heroes

Border Patrol has unsurprisingly changed its story regarding the shooting death of Claudia Patricia Gómez González

May 29, 2018

(Seems like 4 years, ago. Trump and Russia have succeeded in their attempt to distort time.)

(Yes, Border Patrol lied.)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/us/te...ing/index.html

Now a young girl (20 years old) is dead, and this out-of-control agency is, yet again, shamelessly trying to fudge the truth about her killing.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...and-CBP-heroes
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #82
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
Richard Nixon was a hero to many Right-Leaning Republicans. Goodness knows that
many were angry with so many Left-Leaning Democrats upsetting the usual ways of their own personal racist worlds. The indelible image of Richard Nixon's reign, is the image of a police officer wearing a riot helmet, and beating someone's head. into a bloody pulp.

Here we are, again. The Left-Leaning Democrats are starting to emerge. This will irritate and aggravate Republicans.


The last time around, 1969 until 1974, the relatively enjoyable job of being a policeman was interrupted with rebellion against authority.

That is due.

What we have now, is another liar in the Oval Office, another regime of complete Republican corruption, and a culture pitted against a modern inclusive America.


I.C.E, Border Patrol, and immigrant-haters in the police force, have been given carte blanche to do whatever-the-fuck they want to do with immigrants.

The Head Orange Goon provided a pat on the back and a hug, to the goons in the field in a public ceremony. Break the law with impunity, lie for fun and profit, be corrupt as you dare. The highest official in the land has given orders that they eagerly fulfill, and earn a paycheck, too.

The immigrants suffer, because the reich servers, sure-as-fuck are not going to wear themselves out providing justice to people they hate. As a matter of fact, they are living out their dream of making the people that they hate, suffer. The Orange Goon gave them prison camps full of people for them to torture.

The shortcut is always paid for, but not the one that gets the advantage-

She was punished- for being inconvenient

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lawsui...even-of-murder

Last edited by gotsnowgotslush : 08-23-2018 at 03:11 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2018, 12:43 AM   #83
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
ICE Arrests Teens Detained in Florida Minutes Before Their 18th Birthdays

August 24, 2018

When they turn 18, it’s basically, ‘Happy birthday,’ and then they slap on handcuffs and take them off to adult detention center


According to New York immigration policy website Documented NY, in 2017 the number of migrant children in detention who “aged out” more than doubled.


Those kids are likely being tossed into jails by ICE by default, Lehner said, which may be a violation of federal law.


ICE has created a strategy around arresting 17-year-olds just minutes before their birthdays. “I believe it’s a psychological strategy they’re using to try to get them to just give up and go back back home,” she said, “even if they know they’ll be killed if they go back.”


https://theslot.jezebel.com/ice-arre...-th-1828553565


Now it's clear that once those kids are handed over to ICE, they're immediately being thrown into adult jails without a day in court or any attempt to find the least restrictive option required by law, Lehner says.

These days, ICE is outright ignoring the rules set out by the Flores agreement and later put into law by Congress, Lehner says. Instead of trying to release the 18-year-old migrants to relatives or guardians, ICE is simply putting them in jail cells at facilities such as the Broward Transitional Center without due process.


In some federal shelters, ICE agents show up at 11:30 p.m. the night before a young immigrant's birthday, says Janet Gwilym, the Seattle-based managing attorney of Kids in Need of Defense. When the clock strikes midnight, the agents handcuff and take the now-18-year-old kid away.


"They're going in and handcuffing people who were children the prior day and taking them to adult detention," she says. "The Broward Transitional Center is a jail. It's an adult facility."


https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/i...-jail-10651093
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2018, 12:34 AM   #84
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
Police are used as a de-facto mental health crisis team, despite a lack of training and their tendency to escalate situations. Their inability to appropriately deal with mentally ill people leads to hundreds of unnecessary deaths—a 2015 study from the Washington Post found that 25 percent of victims of police shootings were mentally ill.

If you are undocumented, the I.C.E. agents take notice-

“Law enforcement has been thrust into being first responders in mental health crises,” Greg Hansch, policy director for the Texas branch of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, told the Observer. “The reality is, their tactics often escalate the situation, rather than de-escalate it, and that feeds directly into a crime being committed.”

Once police get involved, it’s likely that a mentally ill person will be charged with assault or resisting arrest, and transported to jail rather than an appropriate institution. This “system,” or lack thereof, is part of the reason why half of the total U.S. prison population are mentally ill.



When you’re undocumented, police intervention in any situation becomes even more dangerous. Because of our system’s failures, and her family’s desire to protect her, Rodriguez may be sent back to a country she hasn’t lived in since before she could read. The burden of deportation on top of serious mental illness is more than any individual should have to bear.


https://splinternews.com/ice-is-usin...get-1828732145
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #85
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
Republicans are using immigrant children as bait

September 20, 2018



The administration has previously lamented the fact that migrant children are allowed to live comfortably with their undocumented relatives in the U.S., while waiting to press their asylum claims, describing the practice as a subversion of the law.

As they made clear with their family-separation policy, Trump and his advisers believe that the U.S. government has a duty to make seeking asylum in the United States as unappealing as possible, so as to deter cross-border migration. And one way to do that is to keep as many child migrants as possible locked up in makeshift tent prisons, by prioritizing the deportation of would-be caregivers over that of hardened criminals.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-children.html


ICE Is Now Arresting People Who Step Up to Take Care of Undocumented Children

September 20, 2018


A top Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency official confirmed this week that his department has been arresting immigrants who have stepped forward to take custody of undocumented children currently being held by the government, telling a congressional committee that the majority of those detained were for simple immigration status violations.


As CNN first reported, Matthew Albence—ICE’s Executive Associate Director for Enforcement and Removal Operations—told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee on Tuesday that 41 people who came forward to take custody for undocumented children between July and September were arrested as part of a new program to check potential sponsors.

1,500 (NEW) undocumented immigrant children are lost in the system



U.S. Loses Track of Another 1500 Migrant Children, Investigators Find
New York Times


September 18, 2018


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/u...reabouts-.html



Of the thousands of undocumented children currently in government custody, many will likely remain there, as potential sponsors have shied away from stepping forward for fear that the newly imposed background check process—which includes fingerprinting for all household members—will result in further entanglement in Trump’s anti-immigrant campaign. This is a fear, it seems, that has already proven itself to be entirely justified.


https://splinternews.com/ice-is-now-...-of-1829208476
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #86
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
September 29 2018


ICE’s insistence on detaining him even after a judge had ruled that they couldn’t do so, speaks of an agency that is growing increasingly rogue — emboldened by the political moment to exert authority even where it has none, and to defy the rule of law even when it claims to be enforcing it.


ICE did not respond to requests for comment. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, which represented ICE in court, declined to comment.


Monday, August 27, Michel got the documents he needed, made it through security, got on a plane, and finally, after hours held by agents with no authority to do so, home.

“It’s a competition to them. The sense of justice and fairness is almost lost. It’s approaching law enforcement like a no-holds-barred game,” said Copeland. “Like, ‘We’re going to flex our muscle and do what we can do just because we can do it.’”

“Even when what they are doing is patently lawless.”

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/29/...ration-system/
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #87
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
Lie, Deny, Deflect



There was never a plan on how or when to piece these broken families back together—a recent report from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) inspector general revealed that the administration’s claim there was a central database linking children and parents was a total fabrication.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...mains-a-crisis


There is a large number of children that were brought into the USA undocumented immigrants. They were seeking asylum in the USA. Many of these children will never see their parents again.

They were put up for adoption.

An Associated Press investigation drawing on hundreds of court documents, immigration records and interviews in the U.S. and Central America identified holes in the system that allow state court judges to grant custody of migrant children to American families, without notifying their parents.


https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ds-to-adoption
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #88
CandiCame
Rocket Grunt
 
CandiCame's Avatar
 
CandiCame is online now
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ky
Posts: 21,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
You don't know if it's legal or not? Maybe you should check what your husband does on your tax forms and find out if that's legal or not.
I have the user you quoted on iggy so I have no idea what the context was for that- but to be fair, that could be perfectly legal. "Dependent" doesn't mean, "How many biological children do you have?" It means, "How many people are you taking care of?"

I've seen people with like 12 legal dependents before- they were sandwich generation folks who had been dealt a bad hand- they were raising not only their own children but also their nieces and nephews whom they had been granted custody of because their siblings were in prison or were under investigation by CPS (you don't know who these people are, so I'll just tell you- I personally knew one of this woman's sister and she was a crackhead, and had her kids taken because of pure crackheadery. She had had 6 children and took care of none of them- so CPS gave them to her sister who wasn't perfect, but was a much better fit.), and were caring full time for 3 elderly people who had no earned income and were viable to claim 'dependent' status.

BTW- none of that means that they didn't pay taxes. You're legally required to claim as many dependents as you have. The tax code is set up the way it is for a reason, and you can't draw a child tax credit on anyone but a child (which is what lowers your taxes owed)- in fact, for SOME of those dependents, your taxable income may go up because your household incomes goes up with unearned income like social security payments that can knock you into a higher tax bracket. Some kids can actually knock you up more than down, if you're getting kinship care or something on them.

This is a case that I'd have to actually look at before I could say whether or not it's "legal" or even "correct".

Not for nothing, but even with CTC, that wouldn't knock her taxes down that much, so if she is doing it for fraud, she's not really helping herself. The tax code implemented under the Trump administration limited CTC to 5 children under the age of 18, living full time with the head of household. So a full half of those dependents wouldn't do a thing to lower her taxes because she couldn't claim a reduction credit on them.

And remember that $1000 CTC is being GENEROUS- that's the MAXIMUM amount you can draw on the first 5 kids under 18 who are fully qualifying children. That number takes a hit based on a BUNCH of factors, and you can be left with nothing (unless you come to my desk- I've never seen anybody I couldn't get at least $50 per first 5 kids with unless they had been taken by CPS or something. Like as long as you were raising them, I can probably get you the min $50 credit on federal.)

Hey guys, I don't do taxes anymore, but this is basic shit that everyone who files needs to know. Unless you wanna pay somebody I guess. But if that's fraud, that's the second- wait, no, third- dumbest way to try to defraud the government I've ever seen. It's not gonna work.
__________________
My stories - Pretty bare bones right now- I'm just getting back into writing.
Vote for me in the Halloween Contest if you like my story!
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #89
gunthernehmen
Literotica Guru
 
gunthernehmen's Avatar
 
gunthernehmen is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 1,114
Option 1, We start a police action in central america, kill off the bad guys and install a democratic government that is friendly to us and will take care of it's citizens!

Option 2, We open the borders to everyone, hope all the good people come and leave all the bad ones behind.

Option 3, We stay out of the way and urge the UN to step in down there and fix things.

Option 4, We stay out of the way and perhaps send humanitarian aid after their civil war.

BTW, #1 is why the middle east isn't fond of us and #2 is just plain stupid which is why no country anywhere practices it.
__________________
#orgasms
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 08:48 PM   #90
Kirkrapine
Literotica Guru
 
Kirkrapine is offline
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunthernehmen View Post
Option 2, We open the borders to everyone, hope all the good people come and leave all the bad ones behind.
In fact, a lot of good people are coming here because they want to leave the bad ones behind.
__________________
"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast of its constitution and its government."

-- Thomas Paine

"The Communist and the Catholic are alike in that they assume an opponent cannot be both honest and intelligent."

-- George Orwell

  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #91
Kirkrapine
Literotica Guru
 
Kirkrapine is offline
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiCame View Post
Hey guys, I don't do taxes anymore, but this is basic shit that everyone who files needs to know. Unless you wanna pay somebody I guess. But if that's fraud, that's the second- wait, no, third- dumbest way to try to defraud the government I've ever seen. It's not gonna work.
You know some dumber ones?

So crazy they just might work, perhaps?
__________________
"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast of its constitution and its government."

-- Thomas Paine

"The Communist and the Catholic are alike in that they assume an opponent cannot be both honest and intelligent."

-- George Orwell

  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 09:02 PM   #92
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck
 
gotsnowgotslush's Avatar
 
gotsnowgotslush is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cross Roads
Posts: 26,512
Quote:
gsgs comment

2 year old children, toddlers, and babies, facing persecution by the Department of Homeland Security in the courts of America.

Judges and lawyers are now working on the Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass. They pretend that the babies can understand what is happening during their hearing

They do not care. They have no time to care. The system is full of babies.

/end gsgs comment

Source-

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/08/u...ion-court.html
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 09:37 PM   #93
CandiCame
Rocket Grunt
 
CandiCame's Avatar
 
CandiCame is online now
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ky
Posts: 21,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkrapine View Post
You know some dumber ones?

So crazy they just might work, perhaps?
No, not so crazy they might work. The dumbest one I've ever seen went like this:

Me: So you listed your mother as a dependent- have you been taking care of her for more than 6 months?
Her: I took care of her the entire year.
Me: Ok, so does she live in your residence or another residence like a nursing home?
Her: Oh, she's dead.
Me: Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. Uh... even more sorry to tell you that it might affect your dependency claim. When did she die? Because you had to provide more than half her monetary support for more than six months.
Her: Oh, she died about 3 years ago.
Me: ...wait what?
Her: Yeah but I do all the upkeep on her grave and stuff.
Me: Have... you're a new client... who did your taxes last year?
Her: I did them myself, but EVERYONE raves about you, so I thought I'd try that this year.
Me: Did you... did you claim... your dead mom... last year?
Her: (starting to realize something is bad wrong) Yeah, of course.
Me: That is like... SUPER illegal. I have to tell the IRS. Now that you've told me this, if I don't tell the IRS that you're claiming a DEAD person, I can go to jail for up to three years.
Her: -stares at me-
-long silence-
-grabs her purse and FUCKING RUNS-
Me: ...Does she not realize that she gave me ALL her information including her driver's license and social security card? -looks at my desk where those still are- /And/ her W2s?
I can't remember if I reported her or not- because on the one hand, I ain't not snitch, but on the other, if I had already put her on the system I would legally have to, and I ain't going to jail for a stranger. I do know I never saw her again. Idk what happened to her.

The other one was someone I KNEW and personally hated with a fucking passion- so bad that when she walked into the office I went to my manager's desk and said, "Hey I'm going into the back until that bitch leaves because if I don't there's gonna be a fight."

She looked at me and knew it was true, and told me to go on.

Now, we have some history, and if you knew me, especially knew the person I used to be, you oughta know not to trust ANYONE that I have history with, because the kind of people I used to run with are probably just RIDDLED with crackheadery- which was the case with this bitch.

So this DUMBASS claimed to need a schedule C- that is, that she was self-employed or owned a small business that was not incorporated and had fewer than 9 employees. She CLAIMED that she cleaned houses and made about $30,000 last year. She also CLAIMED to have a dependent that was MY DEPENDENT, claimed on MY taxes for reasons that I don't want to get into. And she CLAIMED to have contributed NO funds to state or federal taxes- this might take some explaining, but most people pay in- if you have a W2 (this is the most common for personal taxes, employers issue them to you so you can do your taxes) it'll tell you how much you've already paid in.

This bitch didn't clean her own house and had never worked a day in her life. Everything she told my coworker was a lie. She put the defendant, let's call him C, in the system, and it kicked it back because his SS# had already been claimed in OUR SYSTEM SPECIFICALLY. So she told her that someone had already claimed the dependent. I was standing in the back room by the doorway (to outside- point is I could hear everything happening from my position) with a cigarette listening as this bitch went the fuck off. So when that happens (and sometimes it does, when 2 divorced parents try to claim the same kid that they both feel they deserve) you CAN push it through, and then it becomes a legal matter for the IRS to sort out. So co-worker asks if she wants to claim him anyway. She says 'no'.

So they go through the whole thing- schedule C takes a long time because you have to go over all your income and expenses, sometimes people don't even keep books they just shove over a shoe-box full of receipts- and I'm just standing there getting more and more pissed off as I listen to this bitch lie about EVERYTHING. Not a goddamn thing she said was true. Keep in mind that I know her REALLY well.

I know what she's doing- but she can't math well enough to do it. She's trying to pretend she had a job, hoping she wouldn't get audited, and that she made just enough to break even- which would give her EIC and the CTC she THOUGHT she was gonna get on C, which would have been over $1000- which she could then spend on pills.

Bitch didn't do the math- or fucked up on it, one is about as likely as the other- and when she came in, she specifically asked for me (like I knew she would, which is why I went in the back) because she thought I'd help her. I ain't going to jail for her. Anyway, with HER math, which is all the coworker was gonna go on, she wound up owing about $3000.

Again, bitch just RAN. Just up and left.

I came out of the back and said, "Whole fucking thing is fraud. Not a word of it is true." I explained why (I was absolutely right), explained who she was (which was her business but not yours), and the coworker also saw what she was TRYING to do, but was too STUPID to do. It CAN'T be a boldfaced lie like that- like you will straight up go to jail. That's not a "I made a mistake" fine, that's jail time.

Buuuuuut... she didn't /actually/ file them. So I couldn't report it to the IRS, because really all she did was waste our time and piss me off.

She went to jail later anyway, for crackheadery. She's always in and out of jail.
__________________
My stories - Pretty bare bones right now- I'm just getting back into writing.
Vote for me in the Halloween Contest if you like my story!
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #94
CandiCame
Rocket Grunt
 
CandiCame's Avatar
 
CandiCame is online now
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ky
Posts: 21,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallgirl View Post
The check stub I saw of the immigrant I worked with? She claimed 10 dependents. She was married and had 3 kids. So she paid no taxes. She told me they all did that to keep all their money.

Legal? No clue. All I know is the ones I worked with did this.
Wait I just read this and realized you said you got this information from a check stub. Like... a paycheck? Those can't legally have that information on it- it's protected information for a number of reasons, but a huge one is because it's used on minors by CPS- the number of dependents a person has can be used by abusers to track down abused children who have been placed in foster or kinship care. Employers aren't even allowed to ASK how many dependents a person has- that's not a small thing, like that's not a "You would lose your license and have to close your business" thing, that's a "the proprietor of this business would go to jail for the rest of their lives for this massive security breech". They're listing a person's personal family size- information that they aren't legally allowed to have on a CHECK STUB that is not a secured document- there's like 3 steps there that would land that employer in jail.

This is MASSIVELY illegal, if that answers the question. If you worked for this company and still have YOUR check stubs, you have a massive lawsuit on your hands- like you will never have to work another day in your life. Get that shit together, and get to a civil claims lawyer IMMEDIATELY.

Unless you MEAN that you looked at her W4s and saw that when she filled out the W4 for the IRS upon employment (a confidential form that tells the government that you've changed employers that they can expect their contributions from) that she claimed 10 as a family size- and if that's the case, she can claim whatever she wants. It's not illegal. You can claim 10,000 if you want to. All that does is tell the government how much to withhold from your check so that you pay in on your taxes. You make a guess, and if you're under, you pay at the end of the year. If you're over, you get a refund.

If you did see that, I hope to god she SHOWED it to you, because if you looked at it any other way... you done fucked right up yourself. As a professional, to see that, I have to sign my name and registration # from my certification to see that. It's confidential financial information.

If this is a real thing that happened, she may have claimed more than she needed to so that the government would take less out of her check. This is pretty common, but you pay for it at the end of the year, because you have to pay the difference. I actually went the other way when I was single- claimed 0- because I had a drug problem, and if they gave me that money, I'd spend it. Then, at the end of the year I felt like I got a bonus. Again, this was not illegal for me to do, because this is meant as a GUESS that allows people more control over how much the government takes out of each paycheck, and the difference is rectified at the end of the fiscal year.

However, again, family size is a protected status- see, back in the day, women who had many children were discriminated against, because the employers felt that they would care more about their kids than their job, and would refuse to hire women over this. So now, the employer isn't even allowed to ask. W4s are for the government, not the employer- but often times the employer will confidentially file them for you, normally electronically. But they're not supposed to have this information and they are SURE AS FUCK NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT IT ON YOUR CHECK. Because it's none of their goddamn business.

A check stub should look like this:



All it should have are the actual deductions- NOT the reason the deduction is what it is. Because that is a MASSIVE security breech and is EXTREMELY illegal.

Get your coworkers together.
Find your check stubs.
Get a lawyer.
__________________
My stories - Pretty bare bones right now- I'm just getting back into writing.
Vote for me in the Halloween Contest if you like my story!
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 09:59 PM   #95
gunthernehmen
Literotica Guru
 
gunthernehmen's Avatar
 
gunthernehmen is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkrapine View Post
In fact, a lot of good people are coming here because they want to leave the bad ones behind.
And if I were in their shoes I'd try to do the same thing. It's just that the right answer is to fix their problems there.

There's no magic filter at the border to keep out bad people. Sometimes you can't even tell the difference, other times it's as plain as day.

If a person can't clearly demonstrate that their immigration will be a positive thing for America and that they have the means and intention to support themselves then they shouldn't be allowed in. And if they CAN, there's a process for that.

Don't forget that every last soul in this country, without exception, is an immigrant or descended from immigrants. The point is to Make America Great Again, not Make America Venezuela.
__________________
#orgasms
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 10:05 PM   #96
CandiCame
Rocket Grunt
 
CandiCame's Avatar
 
CandiCame is online now
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ky
Posts: 21,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunthernehmen View Post
And if I were in their shoes I'd try to do the same thing. It's just that the right answer is to fix their problems there.

There's no magic filter at the border to keep out bad people. Sometimes you can't even tell the difference, other times it's as plain as day.

If a person can't clearly demonstrate that their immigration will be a positive thing for America and that they have the means and intention to support themselves then they shouldn't be allowed in. And if they CAN, there's a process for that.

Don't forget that every last soul in this country, without exception, is an immigrant or descended from immigrants. The point is to Make America Great Again, not Make America Venezuela.
Then we need to at least take the sign down, because we're giving some REALLY mixed signals.

The point of immigration isn't for the US to get "good" people who already have a plan. We're supposed to be the land of opportunity. We aren't looking for good people, we are specifically looking for:




Seems to me this is a "Put up or shut up" situation. No, we're not Venezuela, because as far as I know, Venezuela doesn't bill itself as the land of immigrants and then turn people away at the gate. If our mouths are writing checks our asses can't catch, we need to fix that on one end or the other.
__________________
My stories - Pretty bare bones right now- I'm just getting back into writing.
Vote for me in the Halloween Contest if you like my story!
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #97
gunthernehmen
Literotica Guru
 
gunthernehmen's Avatar
 
gunthernehmen is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiCame View Post
Then we need to at least take the sign down, because we're giving some REALLY mixed signals.

The point of immigration isn't for the US to get "good" people who already have a plan. We're supposed to be the land of opportunity. We aren't looking for good people, we are specifically looking for:




Seems to me this is a "Put up or shut up" situation. No, we're not Venezuela, because as far as I know, Venezuela doesn't bill itself as the land of immigrants and then turn people away at the gate. If our mouths are writing checks our asses can't catch, we need to fix that on one end or the other.
So scrape off the poem.

This IS a land of opportunity. But nowhere does it say that opportunity is just handed to you in a plastic debit card. You gotta WORK for it and just like the days of Ellis Island, if you didn't meet the requirements you just wasted your trip.
__________________
#orgasms
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #98
CandiCame
Rocket Grunt
 
CandiCame's Avatar
 
CandiCame is online now
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ky
Posts: 21,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunthernehmen View Post
So scrape off the poem.

This IS a land of opportunity. But nowhere does it say that opportunity is just handed to you in a plastic debit card. You gotta WORK for it and just like the days of Ellis Island, if you didn't meet the requirements you just wasted your trip.
I mean... do that then? Change the image.

I said to pick one. Now work to make it happen. Change the nation's image and the way we project ourself. It's not as easy as scraping off the poem, it's in our culture.

I got the opportunity to be a citizen literally that easy. Easier. They just handed me a paper card the day I was born with a number on it. Then my mom signed it because I was a baby. That's literally all I had to do. Exist.

Really, really wish they had lamented it. I don't get that. It's fucking paper.
__________________
My stories - Pretty bare bones right now- I'm just getting back into writing.
Vote for me in the Halloween Contest if you like my story!
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 02:42 AM   #99
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiCame View Post
Then we need to at least take the sign down, because we're giving some REALLY mixed signals.
That's because we have a really mixed population.

People with a historical fact based perspective on immigration, and the gumdrop rainbows n' rivers of chocolate milk brigade who think an open border welfare state is what the "Gimmie your tired" quote is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiCame View Post
The point of immigration isn't for the US to get "good" people who already have a plan.
Not originally no...but we had to beef up the nanny state/control factor so we have to limit immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiCame View Post
We're supposed to be the land of opportunity. We aren't looking for good people, we are specifically looking for:
That came with a caveat......yearning to breathe free, not yearning to get a handout.

Freedom = sink or swim bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiCame View Post
Seems to me this is a "Put up or shut up" situation.
Yea it is...do the people want an open immigration policy or a controlled immigration policy?

If the immigration policy is to be very open....you cannot have a socialistic welfare/nanny state or the 'have nots' will just over run your haves ability to pay for all that lovely free shit you're handing out.

If there is to be a highly socialistic state you must have tightly controlled immigration.

The extremes of both isolationism and an open border welfare state are beyond idiotic ideas not even worth discussing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiCame View Post
If our mouths are writing checks our asses can't catch, we need to fix that on one end or the other.
Indeed, we the people of the USA have been busting congresses balls for immigration reform since at least Reagan, and to the best of my knowledge much like our HC situation despite NUMEROUS opportunities for both parties to step up and be fucking heroes....... nothing significant has been done.

It's time for the USA to shit or get off the pot.

Are we the land of the free or the well kept? Can't be both and it's time for M'arica to get real about that.

We can:

A) Slide left and go Euro style lefty. More collectivist, life is way less risky and you are well kept but you're practically forbidden from wiping your own ass. Bit of an economic wet towel...But overall happier people.

Or

B) slide back toward pursuing western liberal ideals the founding fathers based the country on, like individual rights, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Unfortunately not all are going to do well with that much freedom. But the ones that thrive? Hard to beat......
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #100
dan_c00000
Literotica Guru
 
dan_c00000 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post

People with a historical fact based perspective on immigration,
And what's the fact-based one? I remember a time when white people weren't welcome in the U.S.

It's always been the same: prevent the "undesirables" from getting in. Well bot, unless you're Native American (which I'm sure you'll claim you are because you love to lie) you're an immigrant and at one point your family wasn't welcome.

Keep up the racism it suits you well.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.