The King and I (closed)

Dave gave her a grin, "Oh I have an ironclad plan for that, though I might use this as a way to get you to sleep in my room." He gave a soft laugh and picked up his knife and fork, he cut the chicken fillets into smaller pieces and mixed the vegetables and chicken together. Placing his knife aside, he took a bite and nodded his approval, "Seems like they keep the tasty in some sort of shaker and pour it over the evening meals."
 
"I think we're just so famished after the events of today that anything would taste good right now." Charlie said as she dug into her steak, sighing as the flavor exploded over her tongue. "As far as staying in your room is concerned, I might let you convince me to."
 
"Hmm...yeah could be that." He took another moutfull and chewed thoughtfully. "Well the best way to try and convince you is to take away the steak now that you've had a taste, or I could remind you of the cold and that a readily warm bed is what you will find in my room." A door opened and the steady clicking of claws heralded the entrance of Max, Dave grinned and watched as the big dog came to sit next to him to get his ears scratched.

After a few moments of scratching, Max let out a contented sigh and laid down. "So is there any way I can sweeten said deal?"
 
"You could let me snuggle with Max tonight. I'm sure he'd keep me warm." She said with a grin as she heard the thumping of the old dog's tail against the floor. "See...he agrees with that plan."
 
He pondered her suggestion, "Well then, if you do seem to think that a better idea, I will have to consent to it. There is just no way that one can argue and win with a lady of your impeccable tastes."
 
Charlie laughed at Dave's comment and she flashed him a smile. He was a charmer and she had been mostly immune to his quick wit. He seemed to be the perfect companion to her own sense of humor. Perhaps that's why they had always gotten along so well.

"On second thought, I guess it is too cold to go back to my flat this evening. And I know my rooms here are always drafty. Perhaps I could be convinced to stay in your nice warm room this evening." She said as she gave him another pretty smile.
 
He chuckled, "And how would that convincing happen? It seems like you have a choice of suitors vying for your attention, on one hand there is Max, trustworthy and warm and on the other hand there is me, cuddly and warm."

He gave her a grin in return to her smile, "Perhaps Max and I have to duel it out then."
 
"Well, I guess I should think about who can give me the best future. On the one hand, there's you who will demand my time and work me to the bone. On the other, there's Max who only needs a good head rub and a bowl of kibble in the morning." Charlie teased back as she leaned in and pressed her lips against Dave's. "Then again, no one can kiss me the way you do."
 
He returned the kiss as she leaned in to kiss him, he smiled gently at her, "Must be all those years spent, wanting to do just that." He finished his meal and drink and pushed the plate aside, "Since Max will be coming along in any case, I think that you have an interesting future ahead, there will be no further working though. Not tonight for that matter, I think you've done quite enough for one day."

He waited for her to finish her food, then got to his feet, Max knew what this meant and got up, but he didn't head for the rooms, instead he padded to the living room, a fire was going in the hearth, in front of it was where the old hound took place. Dave chuckled, "Seems like you're stuck with me tonight.". He held his hand for her and helped her to her feet, offering his arm, he led the way to the rooms, he was glad that no servant was in sight as he walked with Charlie to his room.

He pushed open the door and held it open for her, closing it behind them and then turning the lock. Oh he knew she didn't have pajamas and that was only part of the reason he didn't take her to her quarters first. He took a step towards her and pulled her into his arms, "I think we're alone now." And he kissed her, pulling her tight against him, his kiss was far removed from the few he had shared with her earlier throuugh the day, this was possesive and passion, conveying just how much he had missed her
 
"Because Max is a traitor." Charlie murmured as they walked arm in arm into his room, the old hunting dog hunkering in front of the roaring fire. "You'll just have to keep me warm tonight then."

She gasped as he locked the door to his room, pulling her tightly against his body to give her a kiss that certainly curled her toes. She whimpered, her hands reaching to cup his cheeks as they shared a beautiful intimate moment. She was head over heels in love, even if she had a hard time admitting that to anyone. She was sure that Donovan knew already and she knew that in the very near future, she very well might be walking down the aisle.

"Have you been thinking about this all day?" Charlie asked as the kiss ended, their lips parting. "Because I certainly have."
 
He rested his forehead against her own and smiled, "Great minds think alike they say." He thought for a moment that he had almost lost this, it was a thought he did not want to entertain. He kissed her again, pulling the pins from her hair and allowing it to fall free. Of course his hands didn't stop there as he slipped her jacket from her shoulders and felt it fall to the ground at her feet. He only allowed the kiss to break when they both needed air, he smiled at her.

"We seem to be overdressed for the occasion." He undid two buttons on her top and then pulled his tie loose, tossing it aside. "I think we should get rid of a few clothing pieces, can't be having too much to wear, we might seem...uneducated."
 
Charlie felt her toes curl as he was suddenly kissing her again, his fingers searching for the pins in her hair and allowing it to tumble free. Then her jacket as being pushed from her shoulders and to the ground at her feet. When the kiss broke, she was panting, looking up into his handsome gaze with a little smile.

"Uneducated? I graduated top of my class. If I remember right you were somewhere near the middle." Charlie teased, laughing as he unbutton her shirt slightly and then loosened his tie.

She unbuttoned the rest of her blouse, shrugging it off her shoulders to join her jacket on the floor. Then she was shimmying out of her pants before she turned to crawl beneath the warm covers of his large bed. She settled in with a satisfied sigh, looking at Dave with a smile on her face.

"You're crazy if you think I'm standing around in my underwear for too long. It's freezing outside."
 
He chuckled, "I wouldn't dream of it. Winter is not to be messed around with." He undid his shirt and slipped out of it, then his shoes and socks and lastly his pants. He slipped into the bed and stretched out contedly. "You know that this will be the earliest I have gotten into bed in a long time." He looked at her and smiled, "And it may have seemed like the middle, but I ended much more in the top ten smarty pants."

He playfully poked at her sides and only stopped before her laughter could turn into squeals and bring the wrong kind of attention. He settled onto his side and looked at her, still trying to get over the fact that she loved him in return. That all these years of longing and wishing was all just a waste, he should have spoken up ages ago.
 
Charlotte let out a squeal as he poked her in the side, teasing her until she was squirming. She swatted his shoulder playfully as he settled next to her, staring at her with a look of awe on his features. She could identify with him on that. She still couldn't believe that they had taken so long to express to each other how they really felt about one another.

"I love you, Donovan." She murmured softly, reaching out to touch his cheek softly. "I have since the day I met you when we were little."
 
He smiled, "Mutant alert. Mind reader detected." He rested his hand on her's and leaned into the touch of her hand, "My not-so-secret crush for years, my hidden love for a few years after." He kissed her palm and then leaned in to kiss her. Relishing the feel of her soft lips, her breath against his face and the intimate moment. It was a soft, drawn-out kiss, it only held love and nothing more and nothing less.

When he finally drew back, he smiled at her and shifted against her, feeling her naked skin against his, as always he marvelled at the softness of her skin and how cold she could feel even while in bed. Luckily she warmed up quickly. "And to think that last night we shared a bed as well." He ginned, "Of course different circumstances, it was even colder there."
 
Charlie laughed softly as he teased her and then he leaned in with the most wonderful kiss she had ever had. It was soft, passionate, loving and she let out a sigh when it finally broke. It was much too soon, she decided as he smiled at her and shifted closer until they were pressed against one another.

"Are you telling me that all you can think about right now is what we did last night?" Charlie teased, as he warmed her up with his own body. "Because if that's the case, I might have to let you have your way with me again."
 
He chuckled, "Well no, what I am thinking is that I think married life with you would suit me. Going to sleep and waking up next to you, now that would make these hectic days worth waking up to." He ran his fingertips over her cheek, "Well admitedly, I will not argue the fact that I do think about what we did last night. I can't think of any man or perhaps even woman who wouldn't." He gave a cheeky grin.
 
The talk of married life sobered Charlie quickly as Dave ran his fingertips over her cheek. She knew very well that their relationship might move to something more serious and she knew the laws of the monarchy declared that he had to be married quickly after his coronation.

"I'm not sure how good of a wife I can make the future monarch. Dave, you've been preparing your entire life for that moment. If we decided that taking the next step is what is best for us, we also need to be certain that it's what's best for the kingdom."
 
He just had to laugh, "Oh sure I have been groomed for the throne, no use denying it. What is best for the kingdom? Somebody who brings another country's wealth? Somebody pretty and charming?" He leaned closer, "I'll tell you. It needs a king who will shake things up, get rid of useless traditions and gain the love of the people. That king will need a talented woman at his side, she must have courage, she must have a heart, she must be smart enough to keep the king on the right path."

He searched her eyes, "You are qualified in all those fields. You think that I kept you as my voice-of-reason and gave you the dutchy just because your beautiful? I had to be groomed, you're a natural. So the question is not if it is best for the kingdom. The question is: Is it best for us." He stole a quick kiss and drew back
 
Charlie sighed after he kissed her quickly, his little speech making her smile slightly. She could imagine being married to Dave and she knew it would be lovely and easy. They were already together every single day. They were best friends and had been for a long time. They were a perfect fit.

"So...does this mean that we should agree that we're going to get married?" She asked him in a soft whisper as if the entire palace could hear what they were discussing right then and there.
 
He gave her an easy smile and kissed the tip of her nose, "If you will finally realize that you are the best candidate and that it will kill you to see me marry somebody else, then we can start agreeing that we will get married."

He snuggled closer, resting his arm around her, loving the feel of her soft skin against his own. It was almost as if there was just no more real barriers between them. He knew how she felt, she knew how he felt and of course after last night there was just no question about how deep their devotions to one another ran.
 
"Me be upset? I think it would be you who always wondered what if." She said back to him as his arm wrapped around her and pulled her close.

She let out a happy sigh, feeling like she had finally found a place where she belonged. She would never have to worry about supporting her little brother through school. She wouldn't have to worry about her father's next scheme or scandal. Dave would support her through thick and thin, but this time with the protection of marriage behind them.

"I wonder how long we can keep this secret." She murmured softly. "I mean, I don't need a big gaudy ring to flash around. I suppose we should just tell your mother."
 
He chuckled, "Well I already have a long list of what ifs to live down, he shifted slightly and without warning pulled her on top of him. "But we will have to wait, since you have made certain that I must entertain all suitors first." He smiled and with a deft touch undid her bra and slipped it from her. "The easy way would be to tell my mother directly, for the public we will have to wait for the other to finish their march of suitorship and then make the public anouncement."

He ran his hands over her now fully nude back, tracing the soft lines and curves, he met her eyes, "I can't stop thinking about you. Even when you're with me."
 
Charlie gasped as Dave suddenly pulled her on top of him, his smile was a little disarming as he undid her bra and let her bare chested. She let out a sigh as he traced his hands down her back, trailing along her soft lines and curves as her eyes met his and he confessed that he thought about her all the time.

"Well, I guess we're on the same page because I think about you as well. All your schedules and meetings and clubs and dedications..." She laughed softly as she leaned over his body, her breasts pressing into his chest as she kissed him gently. "You certainly don't pay me enough, your highness."
 
He chuckled and cupped her buttocks, giving both a firm squeeze, "Oh? And how could I remedy this particular problem? I do believe that there should be some sort of solution that comes to mind?" His hands went wandering again, stroking her back, exploring and touching, leaving not the slightest bit of skin untouched. Laying there, he realized just how much at ease he was with her and how much at ease she was with him. He couldn't think of any woman who would have allowed this and kept going like they were outside having a picnic and discussing the weather.

He smiled and started to run his fingers through her hair, marveling once more at the silky smoothness of her tresses, it was surely a match to feeling of her warm, soft skin which now rested almost full-body against him.
 
Back
Top