Homepage Issues

It's a universal issue many of us share folks. I've only been here a month and encountered it immediately. And the details of each issue seems to be different for different people. No matter what search engine you use.

Neither Admin nor Manu and Laurel have returned my PMs, answered any threads, nor responded to emails when all else seemed to fail. My biggest issue of late is a publicly displayed email on my profile that's not mine. Mods seem equally confused and some are very argumentive and negative if they 'happen' to come along and notice a post somewhere about it.

Some are really trying to work w/us on this matter.

One person whom I thought was a mod, actually changed and reformatted their response to me in a PM while also rewording some things in the exchange. I doubt that particular exchange was a 'mistake'.

Last edited:
It's a universal issue many of us share folks. I've only been here a month and encountered it immediately. And the details of each issue seems to be different for different people. No matter what search engine you use.

Neither Admin nor Manu and Laurel have returned my PMs, answered any threads, nor responded to emails when all else seemed to fail. My biggest issue of late is a publicly displayed email on my profile that's not mine. Mods seem equally confused and some are very argumentive and negative if they 'happen' to come along and notice a post somewhere about it. Some are really trying to work w/us on this matter.

One person whom I thought was a mod, actually changed and reformatted their response to me in a PM while also rewording some things in the exchange. I doubt that particular exchange was a 'mistake'.

Just so there is no confusion, the only "Mods" that have anything to do with the story side is Manu and Laurel. All other mods are for the forums only. They can only gather information and pass it along.

Just so there is no confusion, the only "Mods" that have anything to do with the story side is Manu and Laurel. All other mods are for the forums only. They can only gather information and pass it along.

Tried that too. BEFORE I entered the forums. Seems to be some DMCA issues as well. Primarily https:// and SSLs. Don't let the little 'lock' or protection badge in your browser or search bar fool you.

This particular connection is not secure as well, but I'm beyond caring about that. Also, the email address that may or may not be displayed in my profile at this moment is not mine. Though it could have changed again w/out my knowledge.

I'm not that confused. But thanks Tx.

Great. I've been having this issue with an iPad. It had now spread to a PC and Firefox.

I still see the problem on Firefox. It's very erratic, and it still doesn't cause me any significant issues. I just reload the page after it stops. It usually works after one reload. Sometimes it takes more.

I’m having The Problem now too. Is there a fix, or does it just unfuck itself after awhile?

I’m having The Problem now too. Is there a fix, or does it just unfuck itself after awhile?

The problem happens very erratically. Maybe it's related to traffic levels or something. I don't know.

Reload the page. If it doesn't work the first time, then reload again. You might try holding down shift while you click the reload button. Either of those works with Firefox. I've seen the problem since Friday, but I've never been unable to access my CP. Reloading always works.

It's unfucked itself with me (android user) - it spun trying to load my home page for 24 hours on my Saturday, but has been okay for the last three days (it's now Wednesday morning in Oz).

I always clear my cache every night so I don't have clutter - maybe that's keeping me stable.

Silly me. I’m on my iPad 99% of the time. I’ll try with my Mac.

Such a bother.

It also may depend on where you live in the world...

Updates to the servers happen after 12 midnight EDST. Some pages may just be unavailable for short periods of time.

Silly me. I’m on my iPad 99% of the time. I’ll try with my Mac.

Such a bother.

Try: Settings -> Safari -> Clear History and Website Data

This should clear your cache like you can do on the desktop.

Damn. Well, hopefully it'll get fixed soon. This has been happening to me more frequently now. I'm on a laptop typically and the force refresh trick always works, at least. But I'm not sure there's a way to do that on mobile.

FWIW, my laptop hasn’t yet had The Problem. Of course, that means it now shall, karma being what it is.

Thanks for your help, though.

Still having issues getting onto that--back to "loading" forever and no clearing cache nor refreshing does a thing. Drat. Hoped it was solved.:confused:

FWIW, my laptop hasn’t yet had The Problem. Of course, that means it now shall, karma being what it is.

Thanks for your help, though.

See? Karma strikes.

So no way at all now to access my homepage... cute.

I have had a couple of straight days not being able to get to my author dashboard on my laptop but I can on my tablets. My laptop is where I upload from though so its painful and I may have a tantrum if I cant work out how to fix it. I can get everywhere on the site except my dashboard!

...aaaand now it all seems to work again.

Well, at least I know it’s absolutely nothing to do with me.

Still having issues getting onto that--back to "loading" forever and no clearing cache nor refreshing does a thing. Drat. Hoped it was solved.:confused:

I'd wondered if this was something to do with sweeps. I've noticed, or think I've noticed, that the author dash becomes unavailable when sweeps are going on.

But I may just be imagining there's a correlation.

Back