IQ matters

Someone suggested that east Asians regularly score better than white folks. Anyone care to expand on Racial stereotypes in intelligence now that Funkenstein has shown up in combative mood? ;)

There is evidence that IQ, at least in the Western world, is creeping upwards over time. Why? I can only guess just like everyone else. Men and women are selecting to breed with higher IQ partners. And just guessing again I suspect that the women are driving this more so than the men. But as I said, that's merely a guess.

Because the West is the most free society on the planet? Freedom ain't easy, or everybody would do it, because with great freedom comes great problems.

So free societies have lots of problems for us to evolve out of.

Make sense?

Someone suggested that east Asians regularly score better than white folks. Anyone care to expand on Racial stereotypes in intelligence now that Funkenstein has shown up in combative mood? ;)

It has been a few years since Professor Ishmael last lectured us on the innate inferiority of the intelligence of the Negro race, complete with "peer reviewed research" to back him up.

"But...but....Teh Bell Curve!!"

Ok, let me try conveying this idea through a bit of story.

If we lived in a perfect, utopian world, how would we know we were living in a perfect, utopian world? We'd have no concept of imperfection and dystopian to judge that we were living in perfection and utopia.

In other words:

How can you know what joy is if you have no concept of sorrow?

Make sense, yet?

If we lived in utopia we'd have no concept of risk vs reward, and therefore nothing to strive for. There'd be no need to evolve out of problems; because we'd be perfect.

How about some oral while we watch dolf & lady do a cat fight?

Now that's a high IQ idea.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...acism-conservatism-and-low-iq-go-hand-in-hand

Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?
Lower cognitive abilities predict greater prejudice through right-wing ideology.

Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood, with this effect being mediated (partially explained) through conservative ideology. They also found poor abstract reasoning skills were related to homophobic attitudes which was mediated through authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact.

What this study and those before it suggest is not necessarily that all liberals are geniuses and all conservatives are ignorant. Rather, it makes conclusions based off of averages of groups. The idea is that for those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp complexities of our world, strict-right wing ideologies may be more appealing. Dr. Brian Nosek explained it for the Huffington Post (link is external)as follows, “ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simple solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies.”

And get this! The correlation is .7!

It's true!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...acism-conservatism-and-low-iq-go-hand-in-hand

Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?
Lower cognitive abilities predict greater prejudice through right-wing ideology.

Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood, with this effect being mediated (partially explained) through conservative ideology. They also found poor abstract reasoning skills were related to homophobic attitudes which was mediated through authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact.

What this study and those before it suggest is not necessarily that all liberals are geniuses and all conservatives are ignorant. Rather, it makes conclusions based off of averages of groups. The idea is that for those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp complexities of our world, strict-right wing ideologies may be more appealing. Dr. Brian Nosek explained it for the Huffington Post (link is external)as follows, “ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simple solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies.”

And get this! The correlation is .7!

It's true!
From what I read, Bigotry is more likely to be correlated with a trait called lack of openness to experience, (I call it "small town mentality").

Neither Liberals, nor Conservatives are bigotted.
Unfortunately, both the extreme Left and Right (which are overrepresented in this forum /not you) call themselves Liberals and Conservatives.

I personally view the extreme Left as being just as bigoted and "holier than you"-ish as the extreme Right.
The difference lies either in their honesty, or in the things they consider acceptable to be bigoted about.

Ok, let me try conveying this idea through a bit of story.

If we lived in a perfect, utopian world, how would we know we were living in a perfect, utopian world? We'd have no concept of imperfection and dystopian to judge that we were living in perfection and utopia.

In other words:

How can you know what joy is if you have no concept of sorrow?

Make sense, yet?

If we lived in utopia we'd have no concept of risk vs reward, and therefore nothing to strive for. There'd be no need to evolve out of problems; because we'd be perfect.

So, are you asserting that dumb people breed less, And that extra smart people have larger families? Because that's the basic mechanism of evolution.

If scores are increasing slightly, it could be that more people reach the level they are genetically capable of, due to external factors... Nutrition, healthcare, education, reduced incidents of disease or injury that could impare brain function, etc. Possibly. Tbh, I've never given it much thought or research.

Back