Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels warm, heat index (first time this year!) has us near 80F. After all the arctic blasts earlier, this feels like heaven.

Holy hell, wish you could all see the view of the mountain I have today on my way into work.

It feels warm, heat index (first time this year!) has us near 80F. After all the arctic blasts earlier, this feels like heaven.

We hit 80 this weekend, I'm sure. It's a little cooler today, which is nice, and then we're going to go into 50s/60s according to the forecast. Sounds good to me -- beats winter.

We hit 80 this weekend, I'm sure. It's a little cooler today, which is nice, and then we're going to go into 50s/60s according to the forecast. Sounds good to me -- beats winter.

We almost hit 80 yesterday (79.9), and it was glorious! :D

__

It is 9:50 and I am still waiting for that call from unemployment. They are probably waiting for me to take a shower or go to lunch or something...

Don't you just hate it when the 'main' computer decides it's had enough of co-operating and packs up? Mine did it while I was trying to install a new graphics board.

For the while, Ill have to get used to using this laptop, although I do miss all the bits I had. . . And all my stuff's on an inaccessible hard drive. . .

The one I have can take both SATA and IDE, but I agree they are Very Handy Bits of Kit.
I now have a third Hard Drive in the PC. And another 2GB RAM.

My younger brother just installed a Solid State Drive in his rig, loves it. ;) When he was over for spring break, I timed it from a cold boot to desktop......took 15 seconds.

My younger brother just installed a Solid State Drive in his rig, loves it. ;) When he was over for spring break, I timed it from a cold boot to desktop......took 15 seconds.

I'll give that some thought, but I have to say that I do not switch off my PC, as I use it for "Folding at Home" (for Stamford University). So my PC's "off time" is spent doing strange calculations for the folding of proteins.

I must look up the Sold State Drive. Is it the sort of thing upon which you put the Operating System alone, or all of your programmes ?

Well, what a surprise. Do they get paid for this ?

Sex and alcohol make you happier than kids and religion, study finds

"Making love is the most enjoyable human activity, a study has found.

Researchers used text messaging to build up a map of what activities people routinely rated as bringing the most and least happiness to their daily lives and found that sex ranked first in all three categories measured in the survey: Pleasure, meaning and engagement."

See here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back