Book Porn

Ht Chicks Read Books: Adele

mediahoarders_com_ng-16-dark-secrets-singer-adele-is-hiding-from-the-world-make-sure-you-see-this-with-pictures-02.jpg
 
This was my avatar once upon a time ago:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Describe your day using a book title: Celeste Ng’s “Little Fires Everywhere.”
 
I leant over and saw the top book on the pile here.


"I know this much is true"

I recommend it to literally everyone. It will not be the best thing you have ever read, but you will learn something to help you in your life.
 
I leant over and saw the top book on the pile here.


"I know this much is true"

I recommend it to literally everyone. It will not be the best thing you have ever read, but you will learn something to help you in your life.

I loved She’s Come Undone by same author. I was so surprised when I learned the author was a man. The female character was so fully formed and well written. I don’t remember any of the details of the story, but that made a big impression.
 
There's an organization called Naked Girls Reading that sponsors events where naked women read books to a live audience. I live outside Washington, and the group occasionally sponsors events at a local arts center. I've always wanted to go but it's never been a good time.

img_0359copy.jpg

I watched a naked woman build a wall once, mortar and all... it was a piece of theatre and it was strangely moving...
 
London’s smallest library - ok, it’s a book exchange but still cute...

p1120463.jpg
 
Two scenes related to the beauty and power of books, from My Fall and Rise. The setting is a woman's prison.

One evening, shortly after Theresa went home, I entered the common room to see Alicia beckoning to me. I crossed to where she was sitting. She stood up and said, "Come here, we are going to start something new," and gestured for me to follow her to our cell. I was apprehensive. My first thought was that she wanted me to replace Theresa as her partner.

I had taken the lower bunk that had been Theresa's and I sat down on it when we entered the cell. Alicia picked something up off the small metal desk in the corner.

"From now on, every night before lights out," she said, tossing the object to me. It was a copy of Stephen King's vampire novel Salems Lot. "I can't read very good, you know that. I want you to read it to me."

"You can take reading courses, you know."

"Fuck classes. I just want to hear the story."

She laid back on her bunk and I began to read. I read to her every night for the next year. Sometimes, after the lights went out, we would talk about the books, and that would lead to talking about our lives, our experiences, our hopes. Alicia was not a criminal with a heart of gold. She was not an innocent woman victimized by an oppressive system. She was a hardened criminal with little remorse for anything she'd done. But she was a human being, and as we shared the book, and others after it, I came to know her, and in a way, to love her.


Wake up call came at 4:30 on my 545th day in prison, just as it had on all the others. Today was different though. I had been instructed to report to Processing at 8:00, and was in administrative limbo until then. My other cellmates shuffled off to the showers, but Alicia lingered. She watched me as I began packing up my state issued items.

"So, how's it feel?" she asked.

"I don't know. Kind of like it's not real yet, I guess."

"Fuck. I've got at least three more years before I am even eligible to apply."

I wanted to hug her, but felt sure she'd push me away.

"Well, who knows?" I shrugged. "Maybe I'll see you on the outside sometime."

"Bitch, if I see you out there, I will knock you on your ass. Stay the fuck away from bitches like me. Go fucking be somebody, and don't fucking come back here."

"I won't."

She turned to leave.

"Alicia."

She looked back at me.

"Page 260."

"What?"

"Tell the new fish to start reading The Shining on page 260."

She crooked her finger at me. "Redrum, bitch."

I returned the gesture. "Redrum, babe."
 
Last edited:
Back
Top