How long must a poem submission be?

rescatooor

Joke Leaf
The Literotica guidelines speak of a 750 word minimum for submission but that doesn't apply to poems does it?

The Literotica guidelines speak of a 750 word minimum for submission but that doesn't apply to poems does it?

Have a look at the poetry submissions. There is some good reading in there but not many (if any) are 750 or more words.

It's just that any poetry I've written tends to be brutally short. I assume there's no lower limit then as long as it... looks like a poem?

It's just that any poetry I've written tends to be brutally short. I assume there's no lower limit then as long as it... looks like a poem?

there's a haiku form of one line, 17 syllables or less (though English syllables are not the same as the Japanese on or onji) and designed to be read in one breath, so I guess you're good to go :)

Mine are often short too and if you can pull off the meaning and get it across to your reader all hail you! Only please don't go for the one worder, that's been done already and got very short shrift!

Have a look at the poetry submissions. There is some good reading in there but not many (if any) are 750 or more words.

In addition to my "very short-shrifted" (TradeMark UYS) 1-word poem, I posted also a bit longer one which had 2 chapters, 13 parts, and the Unix word count read:

330 __ 1214 __ __ 7937 __ affinity.ascii​

This means that Unix accounted for 330 line, 1214 words and 7937 characters. Even if you discount some fluff there would be still over a thousand (1000) words. See:

--
--

Of course, there must be longer poems in the archive (are there?), it's the quality that counts.

Last edited:
Back