What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me saying I felt stuck about my future (my role at work is changing and I'm not sure I'm happy about it) and the boyf silently bringing up on my laptop the admissions page for the MA course in creative writing at a top uni and telling me I should go for it.
 
Link sent to me by herself:

adorablekittycat.jpg


I'll forgive the creator for the horrible misspelling. :rolleyes:
 
I was cleaning out my desk and finally got to the last few not very important, but still loose ends of stuff that had been collecting dust in my inbox through these last few months of a tough year. Felt good, but then knowing that 2011 is really over, I was really done, and I NEVER have to do THAT again. Whew!

*Huge smile*

OK, I am ready 2012. Bring it on!
 
This:
auntielastmanonearth_Large.png


Being creeped out by my own writing and having a very blunt net buddy tell me it was indeed creepy, which was what I was going for.
 
Got an inquiring "how are you doing, old friend" email this morning from one of my earliest Lit friends. Completely out of the blue, and it caused a comfortable smile.
 
Spending the afternoon baking for my friend, who is stationed in Afghanistan. Knowing how happy they (he always shares with the other guys) are going to be when they see homemade goodies in the box makes me smile.
 
Indulging a favorite treat that I only get once a year... My brother brought me some chocolates my Aunt hand makes every year. Once has a sort of creamy Peanut butter nougat center and the other (my favorite) has her knee bucklingly good homemade buttery golden caramel that strings and then drips over your fingers as you eat it. Mmmmm. Oh, and the unexpected few moments and glass of wine I had with my little brother was awesome too. :D
 
My waitress at lunch likes to give me free coupon meals and I laugh when she hands them to me.
 
http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/

Its a free game put up by a group of people (full story is explained on their blogspot) and I'm about 1.5 chapters into it. The art and animation are very well done and I'm really enjoying the storyline so far. A lot of laugh-out-loud and giggle moments so far. Plus, its adorable and easy to play/read.
 
The older I get, the more enjoyment I'm getting out of giving back to my community.

What a tremendous feeling it is to help people begin to realize their dreams!
 
With the exception of one hour tomorrow, I am plan and responsibility free for the next 2 days. Sometimes there is no greater salve for nerves than silent solitude. Breathing deeply and feeling so present today. Life is good. :)
 
Last edited:
After my online rant about long domestic fight that left me highly frustrated with a huge headache.... single sentence I got back made me smile instantly.
Surely I am too old and smart to feel like this :rolleyes:
 
This Andy Breckman song!

It made me laugh out loud in the car...

If you know the humor of the twisted OCD detective show Monk, this is the same guy who co-created it...

:D
 
Lilac laughing her ass off as she described the new movie about Edgar Allen Poe's life called 'the Raven'

I asked her if they would fully americanise it and make it into a full blown action adventure, with sex and guns and explosions. If there would perhaps be a scene with Edgar standing behind someone, gun pointed at their head shouting "Quoth the raven, motherfucka!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top