The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 04: Come On In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago, one the way to a photo shoot, I made the mistake of walking into a bank with a home-made version of that slung over one shoulder.

I can laugh about it now.

I walked into one of Her Majesty's Dockyards carrying that. It worried the gate security.
 
I walked into one of Her Majesty's Dockyards carrying that. It worried the gate security.

Is this one of those understated lead-ins? Like “I dropped the bomb, and it went off?”

I half expected the next sentence to be on the order of “After a week, my lawyers were finally able to get me released.”
 
Is this one of those understated lead-ins? Like “I dropped the bomb, and it went off?”

I half expected the next sentence to be on the order of “After a week, my lawyers were finally able to get me released.”

No real problem for me. I had worked in that dockyard at the start of my employment, and the Marine NCO in charge of the guard detail recognised me. They attacked a tag to the Photosniper that read 'checked and passed'.

I still got plenty of odd looks as I revisited the haunts of my youth.

On my next visit I left the Photosniper in the car.
 
Not contemplating Arson I hope Og? :devil:

Next to one of my first offices in that dockyard was a working gallows for anyone caught committing arson in a Royal Dockyard, one of the last capital offences in England, surviving until 1971, two years longer than all other capital offcnces.
 
Roses and now the moon. You really should share some of those, good sir.

If I knew how to operate DropBox, I'd put a couple up.
Alternatively, you might look at my faceache page perhaps ?
Or remind my of your e-mail, maybe ?

But it's hot (+28C) and getting worse, and it is cloudy.
Time, I think for a mug of good Tea.
 
Fresh coffee for the nooner crowd

I'm here today but I'll be gone for the next few days.
 
Unbearably hot this week (in the 90's) and that awful 'feels like' temp over 100. I've had a headache for several days because of the high allergen levels.
 
Unbearably hot this week (in the 90's) and that awful 'feels like' temp over 100. I've had a headache for several days because of the high allergen levels.

Sympathy, Madam. :rose:
Can I get you a Dr P ?

I'll have a cup of Tea; unless you'd like one of those ?
 
Let's all stock up on Tex's coffee. We can freeze it into coffee-sicles for the heat.

Or you could leave it out on my back porch and it’ll be just about there come sunrise. As somebody wiser than I noted, there’s no gravity here; the weather just sucks.
 
Good Luck for the trip.

I think I'll try and find something like that photosniper, but for my cannon.

Several people have adapted Photosnipers to their digital cameras. The lens is an M42 screw thread and adaptors to fit most digital cameras are available on eBay.
 
Damn. No-one made coffee. I guess I will.

Now it's hot, black, and waiting to fulfill your desires.
 
Ever milked one?

Once, on my uncle's farm, when I was a kid .

The supermarket next door to my office has been undergoing remodelling for about two months, and today they're having their "Grand Reopening." They were never closed.

The parking lot was full when I pulled in at 8:00 AM. They have a DJ and people in costumes. They're giving away food. It's crazy out there. The cow might be easier.
 
Have you ever been in the middle of a story and found a supporting character so interesting you kind of wish you had saved them for their own story?

*sips on his ice water because it's fucking HOT here on the East Coast*
 
Have you ever been in the middle of a story and found a supporting character so interesting you kind of wish you had saved them for their own story?

*sips on his ice water because it's fucking HOT here on the East Coast*

Sort of.

My Nude Day story was supposed to be about Rachel with Penny as a supporting character. My wallpaper at the time was this blond ballerina who I thought of as being the "Penny" character.

attachment.php


Maybe I should have saved Penny for her own story. As it happened, she largely took over Rachel's story. I blame the wallpaper.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top