Dragonrider OOC

feistyphoenix

The Goddess
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Posts
9,869
I have not written the backstory yet to set the scene but these are the characters you can pick from SO FAR. If you want to add one or maybe change an existing one just let me know and we can work something out. PM me to claim one, since I may have multiple people interested in the same role. Thanks!

Brandt- Thought of as Bern’s Dragon Master, he has a way with the animals intuitively. He has a sense of humor, is impulsive, headstrong, but very loyal to the island and his way of life. He is not sure if he is cut out to be the next chieftain and dodges all his father’s questions regarding the matter. He carries a modified sword that can be engulfed in flames (which he uses to hypnotize and calm wild dragons) and the hilt sprays a flammable gas. He has an athletic build, is light on his feet as a fighter, and has more finesse than a typical Viking. Currently he is focused on mapping out the known Viking world from the back of his dragon.

Tove- Brandt’s betrothed. She disliked him and thought him weak when they were young children. She is quick witted, deadly with her battle axe, and a great beauty. She is considered a prize wife but is also respected for her battle strategy and intelligence. She is a Viking through and through, she would like to see Brandt take his father more seriously. She is a voice of reason and the only person Brandt confides in. She has long blonde hair that she wears in an elaborate side braid. It is usually messy and windswept.

Viggo the Vast- Brandt’s father and the chieftain of Bern. He is a very imposing figure with a neatly kept short beard, he wears heavy armor, and wields a battle ax but is proficient with many weapons. It’s usually his way or the highway. He thinks Brandt is talented but irresponsible and needs to be more regimented. He reluctantly went along with the dragon taming but has accepted it as a new way of life. He sees the dragons as tools more than companions but is fond of his own dragon. His days are filled with running the operations of Bern, making sure everyone stays safe, and will have enough to eat through the winter. He loves Jorunn very much, even in her absence he did not take another wife, considering himself still married. He is stoic on the outside but wants nothing more than to love and care for his family and keep them safe. His rough exterior rarely recedes, usually only when he is alone with his wife or Hackett.

Jari Bludvist- He is a monster of a man who wears a fireproof dragon skin cloak. He believes himself the one true dragon master and thinks dragons are inferior creatures that must be controlled. He uses fear and abusive tactics to gain the loyalties of dragons. He scares them into submission. He is a madman and hell bent on possessing every dragon he can find. His only desire is for more control and more territory. He is immovable and shows no mercy to captive Vikings who do not submit to his will or dragons that are too spirited. He is missing one arm due to a dragon attack that left his entire family dead.

Jorunn- Brandt’s mother and Viggo’s wife. She is tall, athletic, and quick. Brandt takes after her in body type. She is spry and intelligent. After a dragon carried her away from Bern when Brandt was an infant she lived alone with a horde of dragons in an ice fortress created by an Alpha dragon called a “Bewilderbeast” aka an Ice Spitter. It is a massive dragon the size of a dinosaur with huge tusks. It can fly but prefers to swim the icy water. Jorunn takes in wounded dragons and nurses them back to health. She is the original Dragon Master. She nurtures and protects the dragons as if they are her children. She feels an immense guilt for leaving her family behind but she believed at the time she was doing the right thing. She never felt compelled to kill dragons the same way other Vikings and her husband did. She has agreed to go back to Bern with her dragon horde but it still unsure of her feelings for Viggo. She cares for him, but is plagued by darker things.

Erik son of Erik- A dragon trader and pirate. He previously worked for Jari but betrayed him when he saw how well dragons and humans worked together voluntarily and not out of fear. Tove’s dragon has appointed herself Erik’s protector and frequently jumps between him and danger. She has protected him from Jari several times and she is constantly trying to get him to play fetch. When Tove is busy her dragon hangs out at the docks with Erik. He is handsome in a rougish way, not interested in women and especially uninterested (at least currently) in Ingrid. Jorunn is teaching him how to ride and train dragons, he does not currently have his own. He bears a few scars on his chest from a hot poker Jari branded him with when he did not fulfill his obligations. Jari has promised to kill him the first chance he gets and has put a price on the young man’s head.

Ingrid and Ingvar- fraternal twins, childhood friends of Brandt and Tove. Ingrid is not very pretty and is a tomboy but aspires to be like Tove. Ingvar never leaves his younger sister alone and teases her relentlessly. They are extremely competitive with each other. Ingrid wants a husband and has an interest in Erik son of Erik but her loyalties change based on who is showing her the most attention at any given moment, Ingvar just wants to smash skulls together. The twins ride a two headed dragon. They are lanky, blonde, and rough around the edges.

Hackett- Viggo’s right hand man, also coincidentally missing his left hand. He is the town weapon smith and more recently a dragon saddle maker/fitter. His missing hand has been replaced with a multi tool to assist him in his work. He is a heavyset man, missing a few teeth, and Viggo treats him like a brother. They have been friends since childhood. Jorunn sometimes confides in him and he encourages her to make amends with her son and husband. He is also a seasoned warrior.

Gunne- A friend of Brandt and Tove’s. He is all brawn and very little brain. He desperately wants to prove himself to Ingrid but is frustrated by her. He is a follower but frequently comes through in a pinch to help save the day. He is loyal to Brandt to the death.

Bjarke- A chubby friend of Brandt’s, he is an expert in all the statistics of every dragon breed and has been known to mutter them under his breath whenever he sees a new dragon. He does not have much common sense and is always in favor of surrender. He is teased for being a coward. He is secretly obsessed with Ingrid but realizes he has no chance with her. Despite Jorunn’s teaching he remains a clumsy dragon rider and only a mediocre fighter.
 
Erik and Brandt are spoken for.

Would really like to have Jari, Viggo, and Tove to start.

I think I'm taking Jorunn unless someone else really wants her, then I'll write Tove.
 
Sorry I just had to post this...I saw your story title and immediately thought of The DragonRiders of Pern. And I'm probably the only one here who did. But for a moment, that was really cool. Sorry, continue.
 
Actually I did have the same thought but I am happy with How to train your Dragon as well :)
 
Sorry I just had to post this...I saw your story title and immediately thought of The DragonRiders of Pern. And I'm probably the only one here who did. But for a moment, that was really cool. Sorry, continue.

You weren't the only one who went there lol
 
If it helps Feisty i don't mind taking on a second Char to start that can be passed off later :)
 
I'm trying to round up a power cord for my laptop. I am currently restricted to posting from my phone which is why I haven't worked on the backstory at all yet.

BUMP.

Still need a Tove to start. Wonder if I should go recruiting?? Any of you guys that have committed have any friends who might be interested? Tell me who they are via PM and I will reach out to them.
 
Name: Viggo the Vast
Age: 45
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Physical description: Tall and muscled with a neatly braided beard. Viggo cuts a very imposing figure. In battle he wears heavy lobster-scale armor and wields a double bladed battle axe.
Personality: As the chieftain of Bern he is known to worry a lot as his days are filled with running the operations of Bern, he can be a bit of a control freak.It’s usually his way or the highway. He thinks Brandt is talented but irresponsible and needs to be more regimented. As he was raised in the old ways, he reluctantly went along with the dragon taming but has accepted it as a new way of life. He sees the dragons as tools more than companions or pets. He loves Jorunn very much, even in her absence and contrary to the Viking custom, he did not take another wife, considering himself still married. He is stoic on the outside but wants nothing more than to love and care for his family and keep them safe. His rough exterior rarely recedes, usually only when he is alone with his wife or Hackett.

9089164.jpg


Well...OK so I practically used the description given in the Character list. Bah! Don't be a humbug about it :p
 
What do you still need?
I do well with misunderstood ladies seen as bad too but I'll try writing any lady you'd prefer. I'm not familiar with the story, though, so most preconceived character traits need to be told to me ahead of time or I'll begin adding layers and traits myself as I write.
 
I do believe she is still needing a Tove, Slippedhalo. And Fiery did say she was going to write up a background story, though she seems to have a couple problems real life at the moment, so we are kinda on standby I believe.
 
Ok, I'll write whatever although I enjoy conflicted, complicated characters and if allowed to might eventually make up one too.
 
Name: Jari Bludvist
Age: 40
Hair: Black
Eyes: Yellow
Description: Dresses in a coat made from dragon skins that make it resistant. He has long black hair with very little facial hair. He weilds a staff that has a sharpened edge that resembles a dragon's head.
Personality: Very aggressive with controlling new dragons. Uses them more as tools rather than companions. He tends to be very unforgiving for losing his family and part of his left arm from the dragon attack that forced him into exile. He is now on a quest for more power by using dragons and Vikings that oppose him.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cVNv3DkUGks/TKq0v-tI0PI/AAAAAAAAAWE/RKoZC1_On34/s1600/Sarkhan+the+Mad.jpg

Let me know if the link to the picture won't work. Not too familiar with posting pictures directly into the forums
 
well the link works for me fiery so all good.

Eyes on linked Char glow red though not Yellow so *chuckle* but I know how hard it is to find just that right picture to match the one in your head.
 
Name: Erik son of Erik

Age:25 (but willing to change depending on storyline)

Hair:Red

Eyes:Green

Height:6'4

Bio:
See above (first post)

erik
 
well the link works for me fiery so all good.

Eyes on linked Char glow red though not Yellow so *chuckle* but I know how hard it is to find just that right picture to match the one in your head.

Yeah, but I also can't find a picture of said character with a partially missing left arm. So we'll need to use our imaginations, won't we?
 
Back
Top