The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

From what Laurel said a little while back, our votes count. I'd assume though, that if they formed a lowball pattern they would be swept. But that's just my opinion.

Oh? I didn't catch that.

Well I'll vote then, but maybe what I'll do is vote from work so its not 2 coming from the same ISP which may show up in a sweep.

I wonder how often that happens? There are a lot of couple who both read stories here and I'n betting in the sweeps, even if they both have separate user ID's if the system sees them as duplicate votes
 
Go to YouTube.

Look up: Folgers Christmas Commercial Brother & Sister

Every second comment mentions "incest".

It's just a coffee ad. ;)


I remember seeing this one and thinking yep someone's getting a present unwrapped Christmas morning

and yea the comments are funny as hell.

Come to think of it this is almost the beginning first page of a story I'm looking for on site. The guy's coming back from Alaska in it though and it's his aunt and uncle's house. His sister has been living there ever since she got out of a mental ward after their father molested her then killed their mom and himself.

Read it years ago and can't find it now. Probably a winter contest entry.
 
Last edited:
is there an unofficial last place award again? If so my second entry is a contender... apparently stretching o try interracial is not a good idea for a contest... I'd say "who knew?" but I at least suspected.

You mean "New Year's Chocolate Martini"?

Doesn't seem to be last at this stage.
 
Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The cards tell me that there are 116 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.18 from an average of 258 votes. Stories had an average of 25,179 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.23%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 29,991 votes, 2,920,829 views, 945 favorites and 1,041 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.18) is 0.43 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 258) is 259. The median score is 4.25, the median number of votes is 160 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.51 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.92 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 26 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 24 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 2 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 165 votes swept, being an average of 6 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).


Categories entered (alphabetic order)

  • BDSM (5 stories)
  • Celebrities (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (11 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (2 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (11 stories)
  • Group Sex (15 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (3 stories)
  • Illustrated (3 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (19 stories)
  • Interracial Love (1 story)
  • Lesbian Sex (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Mind Control (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (4 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (1 story)
  • NonHuman (2 stories)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (15 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (3 stories)
  • Text With Audio (2 stories)
  • Toys & Masturbation (1 story)

New stories today: None


Authors entered so far are:

Acktion, Ada Stuart, Alex De Kok, allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Ashson, Aulcidus, Belongs2Beth (3), BenLong, Benny024, Boxlicker101, BuckyDuckman, Butterflies512, calibeachgirl, Cinner (2), dagan732, datedsoul, DG Hear, drdirty8 (2), D_Lynn, EdgarPleaseCain (2), Eros5150, friskygirl51, geronimo_appleby (3), ggroyale, GirlintheMoon, Harlock606, HeyAll (3), HollyS, Honeydip79, ilikeitlikethat18, inqusitivepuppy (2), Jasmynn_Brown (2), javawarrior, JayDavid, JosephWrites, JuliaBonham, justboycrazy, kms1987, LaRascasse, la_chica, LesLumens, lovecraft68, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, m_storyman_x (2), NaokoSmith, Naughtily_Written, northlander, OliShawcross, petitmort, Powerofthepen, PrincessErin, PrincessKashmir (2), qhml1, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), ringdingaling48, Rockinworld, Rockywriter2012, Rugrat60 (2), Schaka, silkstockingslover (2), SilverSparrow, sirhugs (2), sophist801, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), SusanJillParker, Tara_Neale (2), theravenfox, TinyBeth (2), tmoney249, tonyd1509, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (3), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque (2), WayneGibbous, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku (2)

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

  • The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012
 
is there an unofficial last place award again? If so my second entry is a contender... apparently stretching o try interracial is not a good idea for a contest... I'd say "who knew?" but I at least suspected.

How are the views and votes on it in relation to the other interracial stories you have up? Therein may be the answer to what the contest does for you--and what is a good idea if you aren't obsessed with winning a lame contest.
 
Looks like my name didn't make it onto that list, but my story is still sitting in the approval queue, so we'll see.
 
I have achieved 100 votes and I'm holding at 4.26. I don't expect to win but an H would be nice. My fans are emailing and messaging to tell me they are voting 5s and telling me how amazing it is, so I don't know.

I can't wait to get a minute to read some of the other holiday stories. I haven't even had a chance to listen to the other audio story.
 
You mean "New Year's Chocolate Martini"?

Doesn't seem to be last at this stage.

that's the one... hard to imagine lower scores from this collection of fine writers...must be trolls. I've had no comments, so no idea why mine is disliked.
 
Sorry to say it Ogg but the last couple I heard about took two or three days to post.

One of mine took more than the one day--but just slightly. Still, I've submitted at the time I did and had it appear the next day in previous contests.
 
Sorry to say it Ogg but the last couple I heard about took two or three days to post.

There's a thread complaining of it taking a long time to get edit/deleted stories through as well. Maybe Laurel's tied up with her holiday shopping.
 
So according to the wise word of anymouse apparently the people who read contest stories are of dubious intelligence.

Overkill

Competently written, but it just rambles on and on and on and on, one sex scene tumbling on top of the previous one. Written for the lower IQ crowd, maybe? A super stroker for those reading on this level, but not erotic to me. Nothing delicate or sensitive here. What story line there was was just lost in a sea of cum. It will probably do very well in the contest.


I like the term "super stroker":D
 
Yes they have.

But as very late entries we might struggle to get the minimum 25 votes.

Maybe, Sundays from my experience are not great posting days.

But it depends on the category, if its one of the "main" ones I think you guys will get it.
 
Both are filed under "Romance". I would *think* that would be a category that gets a lot of attention for this kind of theme, but I'm very new to this site :)

If I can at least get a little bit of constructive criticism out of it then I'll be happy! The attention of winning a contest is nice, but the other things that come of participating can be much more rewarding in the long-run.
 
Both are filed under "Romance". I would *think* that would be a category that gets a lot of attention for this kind of theme, but I'm very new to this site :)

If I can at least get a little bit of constructive criticism out of it then I'll be happy! The attention of winning a contest is nice, but the other things that come of participating can be much more rewarding in the long-run.

Oh, I think you'll get the minimum easily.

I think the winners are to be announced the 14th(which most likely means 15th-16th) so you have at least until the 13th to get votes.
 
Both are filed under "Romance". I would *think* that would be a category that gets a lot of attention for this kind of theme, but I'm very new to this site :)

If I can at least get a little bit of constructive criticism out of it then I'll be happy! The attention of winning a contest is nice, but the other things that come of participating can be much more rewarding in the long-run.

My story was posted under romance. It usually gets a lot of votes. I have over 900+ and it was posted last week. I think I had over 800 in the first couple of days. I'm pretty sure you won't have any problem getting the required 25 votes. Best of luck to both of you.
DG Hear
 
Last edited:
Just One Night

by scouries©

1.jpg


Yes, Katrina has grown up!!!! And yes my Winter Contest story is up and about. Already a winner in the A.I.R. Thanksgiving Contest it’s now competing in the LITEROTICA contest.

And yes it’s being well received on SOL as well as the #1 Indian erotic story site. Within days (hopefully) it should be translated into Swedish, Cantonese and French. Dedicated to our lovely QUEEN all you have to do is just click
below…

[size=+3]
Just One Night
http://www.literotica.com/s/just-one-night-9

Please read it, then cast your vote and leave a comment. [/SIZE]

Mind you the anonymous comment left by a jealous AHer (and yes I know by who!) simply reflects more of the evil AHland insider manipulation that has so tarnished these LITEROTICA themed contests…
 
Looks like I had a small sweep overnight. 6 votes, score unchanged.

Yes, even older non-contest stories got swept, which was f...... annoying. I lost at least one vote on each of my stories, and I don't have any to spare.
 
Yes, even older non-contest stories got swept, which was f...... annoying. I lost at least one vote on each of my stories, and I don't have any to spare.

Probably wasn't a contest sweep. Or, at least it probably wasn't a themed contest sweep. Suspect it was just an everyday purge, but it could possibly be the August '11 monthly contest processing, because I saw some stronger sweeps on those stories.

We'll know that for sure in short order, because if it was a monthly contest sweep, the announcement will be up today.

All sweeps can hit any story. My suspicion has always been that if an IP demonstrates asshattery during a sweep, it gets queued up and votes annihilated wherever it appears in the database -- regardless of the base reason for the sweep.
 
How are the views and votes on it in relation to the other interracial stories you have up? Therein may be the answer to what the contest does for you--and what is a good idea if you aren't obsessed with winning a lame contest.

first time I've done interracial... I felt like a stretch, my editor thought I was getting into a rut...
 
Back
Top