Secret of the Ageless (closed for amon_darknight)

He looked to her sleep, she was like a cat.

"Don't worry Ami... I will protect you, I will not let anything happen to you."

He waited a bit and he picked her up and laid her in the driver side of his car. He walked over to the passenger side and inspected, he saw the blood all over the place and didn't know what to think of this. He got his shotgun out and his handgun. He looked to them.

"Damn... that merc has my sword... son of a..."

He almost slammed his fist into his car, but remembered she was sleeping and did not want to wake her. He instead just watched over Amilee, he saw how she was resting so peacefully.

"Why would anyone want to harm you, or do bad things to you... what the hell is wrong with this world..."

He sighed as he he took his jacket out of the back and rested it over her, covering her up.

"Jillian, we need to do something here, we have to put an end to this, its getting to hairy for this to be a simple capture job, have you found anything yet?"

He listened to what his interface told him and he frowned and sighed.

"Not acceptable, find me something already."

He wiped his face as he put his combat gloves on, he looked over himself and saw his wounds had healed already.

"Damn my life..."

He shook his head.
 
Amilee woke on her own a little while later. There was a moment of confusion when she saw she was in a car, but she quickly remembered where she was and stepped back out again, looking around for Ben.

"Hey." She yawned and stretched, looking like a cat just waking from a nap instead of a woman who had just been shot at. "I never really asked you how you're doing. Are you alright?" She walked up to him, frowning. "You were in more danger than I was. Were you injured at all? Is there anything I can do?"

She took a look around the cave. Thankfully, there was a second vehicle behind Ben's messed up car - surprising, but given how prepared (and apparently loaded) Ben was, she supposed it was less surprising than it could have been. "We should get out of here. We don't have enough supplies to keep hiding out in a random cave. Besides, if we stay here too long, they'll find this place, regardless of how well hidden it is." She got into the driver's seat and stuck her hand out for the keys. "I'll drive. You sleep. You need to rest."
 
He saw she wanted to drive and he smiled at her.

"Are you sure you are okay enough to drive? Don't worry about me babe, I am a champ, nothing can take me down okay, not even you."

He looked to her as he saw the look in her eyes. She was not convinced as he handed her the keys, he forgot all about the other car here. He took there stuff and moved it into the other car, it was a SUV.

"It has plenty of gas right? I have not been here in a while, so I don't know what I left the condition of this car in."

He got in the passenger side and looked to her.

"I really am sorry for this, I will be better for you."

He sighed as he sat back in the seat.
 
Amilee started the car and nodded. "Gas is fine. And stop apologizing. It's not your fault we were attacked. I should be thanking you for getting us both out of there alive."

She reached over and grabbed his hand, squeezing for a moment. "Don't apologize. You got us both out alive. Thank you." Mostly, thank you for getting yourself out unhurt. She would never have forgiven herself if something had happened to him because of her. Then, on impulse, she pulled his hand up to her lips and kissed his knuckles quickly before releasing his grip and returning both hands to the wheel.

She pulled out of the cave and started through the canyon. No evidence of anyone else around... Seemed like they were safe, at least for now. "Where am I going?" she asked softly. "If you have a safehouse in mind, we'll go there. Otherwise, I know a place we can hide out for a little while, if we need to."
 
"No, lets go to your place. I don't know if they will be waiting for us up there in that town. Where is your place you want to go? Tell Jillian, she will act as a GPS for you."

He sighed and felt the need to rest, his body went through a lot and his mind was racing from all the worry of Ami. He looked to her.

"Wake me if anything happens."

He than leaned over and kissed her the cheek. He took her hand and held it in his own, feeling the warmth of her hand, the feelings she brought him, he felt peace, like he could rest and not be worrying so much. Not that he was trying to replace his wife, but the way she made him feel, was very much like his wife did. He felt complete, for all the time he has been alive, after he lost his wife and son, he never felt whole again, but many ages later, and lovers later, he had found someone that brings his heart peace.

"Thank you Ami... thank you for bringing peace to my soul..."

He than closed his eyes as the last thing he took in, was the image of the very beautiful Amilee.
 
Amilee drove for several hours, watching the sun rise while Ben slept peacefully next to her. She stole glances at him, every once in a while. He looked so relaxed, happy, even. He always seemed tense when he was awake, like he was waiting for someone to jump out at him at any moment. The look on his face now made her smile.

An hour or so after dawn, she pulled up to a small house in the middle of nowhere, well off the highway. It was old, but obviously well-maintained. She looked over at Ben, loathe to wake him... but they needed to get inside, to cover. Before anyone spotted them out here.

"Ben..." she called softly, nudging his shoulder slightly. "We're here."
 
He awoke to find they were at her place of saftey. He smiled as she was the saw when he woke.

"I am so glad that the last thing I saw before I closed my eyes was you and the first thing that I saw when I rose, was you..."

He smiled at her, truly.

"Ami... I think you are what makes my heart beat."

He kissed her hand and he got out of the car and stretched. Still feeling that wholeness. He got the bags out of the car and he waited for her, he walked side by side with her.

"What is this place?"

He saw the old house, the maintained yard. They were off the main highway, this place was perfect. He looked back to Ami than, seeing her face and how she looked, he could only blush as he wanted to kiss her soft lips again.

"Ami... you are amazing, this place is so great, I have always dreamed of having a place like this."
 
Amilee was happy to be here. "It used to belong to a friend," she answered when he asked her what this place was. She stepped up onto the front porch and then opened the door. Inside, the air was refreshingly cool, and she headed indoors. It was quite large, with a large living room and kitchen, and a sweeping staircase that ran upstairs to the bedrooms.

"She wanted to sell it to move to the city for work after her parents died, but she couldn't get it sold. No one wants to live out here in the middle of nowhere. So I bought it. With cash, so it's not traceable back to me. I wanted a place to retreat, if I needed it." She tossed her bag down on the overstuff leather couch in the living room and smiled at him.

"So, what shall we do now?"
 
He looked around this place. He was impressed.

"You made a good purchase. You have a real eye for quality."

He has always noticed that she was always doing things so secretly. Why?

"Ami, why all the cover up? Why do you always do things that people can not trace back to you? I mean it makes sense if you are in my line of work, but you are a not. So I am highly curious."

He watched her, he wanted to see if she would falter in her poker face. He knew she was holding back something from him. What was it.

"Also, let me see those cuts, I want to make sure they don't need to be stichted up, make sure you don't have an infection. I was a field medic, so I know what I am doing."

He kept his eyes on her, mainly because she was so beautiful, but he wanted to make sure she was okay. He went to his bag and got out a medical tackle box. He looked back to her.

"After, I can make you some dinner, do we have food here, or do I need to go to the store?"

He smiled at her.
 
Amilee smiled mysteriously at his question about her cover-ups. She knew it was suspicious, and she hoped her hadn't noticed because honestly? She didn't have a good explanation for it. So instead, she just winked. "A girl's gotta have secrets."

And then he asked to see her cuts, and that made her flinch more than the question about her spending habits. She shook her head and headed out into the kitchen. "Oh no, it's totally fine. They're healing up just fine on their own." She tugged self-consciously on the hem of her shirt, as if to make sure it wasn't magically riding up on its own. She knew what he would find if he looked at her torso now - nothing. She'd healed completely already. There would be a slight scar, a little jagged line running vertically for about an inch on her upper belly, but that would be it. No cuts. No bruises. And there was no way that wouldn't make him suspicious.

Hoping he'd drop it, she opened the fridge and started pulling things out for dinner. "We have plenty of food. What are you feeling - Italian, maybe? I can make spaghetti."
 
He looked to her, she didn't want to show him. He nodded his head.

"Maybe later than. I will not force you, but here, if you need to clean it, I will leave the box for you. Please take care."

He sighed as he was a bit frustrated, but it was her own space, and she was a big girl. He laid out his weapons in easy to reach places.

"I put my guns on the table. This place is nice, not a lot of windows. We will leave the lights off. Be like we are off the grid."

He smiled as she spoke. Her voice was so lovely to hear.

"Spaghetti, sounds like a plan, I will make it, go and relax, get yourself cleaned up."

He than moved to the kitchen, he avoided the window that was there, but he made due and started to prepare the meal.
 
Amilee headed into the bathroom to wash any of the remaining blood off of herself. Then she checked on her scar, and made sure nothing suspicious was visible. She considered, for a moment, bandaging herself up so it would look to Ben like she was injured. She decided against it, because she fear he'd insist on helping her change the bandages, and then he'd notice that she had no cuts at all.

So she simply wandered back out into the kitchen and began to take things out of the fridge - tomatoes, spices, peppers, onions and broccoli. "My favourite tomato sauce ingredients!" she chirped happily, getting out a cutting board and bowl. And she grinned, nudging him with her hip. "And don't try to send me away. I'm not going to let you make it without my help, especially when the alternative is me not doing anything useful."
 
He only shook his head as she insisted on helping.

"Okay, you can be my cheerleader than, nothing crazy though."

He took one of the chief knives out and checked to make sure it was sharp with his finger. He was satisfied as he nodded his head, he than started to chop the tomatoes, peppers, onions all up, he looked to the broccoli and chopped that up. He had never thought to put that in the sauce, but if she liked it, than it had to go in. The way he worked the knife, showed he had skill and control. He mixed all the ingredients together and than looked to her.

"No sexy cheering?"

He grinned at her. He never would have imagined doing this with her, not in a million years, but here they were. She looked so hot. He wanted to kiss her as he stared at her.
 
Amilee rolled her eyes when he said she could be the cheerleader. Instead, she sneaked by him and grabbed a pot, so she could start boiling water for the noodles.

"Psh. Cheerleading. Just a fancy way to get me to relax. I want to help, just let me, would you?" she teased, laughing.

And then he asked her about sexy cheerleading, and she cocked an eyebrow at him. "Oh-oh, you want sexy cheerleading, do you? How's this?" She began to hum under her breath and started dancing at the stove while she worked. It wasn't anything particularly impressive, just a rolling of the hips in time with whatever she was humming, but she was very good at making the motion incredibly arousing. And it probably helped that she was holding his gaze the entire time.

She licked her lips. "Sexy enough for you, baby?"
 
He again had to adjust his pants, he felt his cock start to get hard.

"You know, one of these times I am going to make you take care of the problem you cause me."

He said that trying to be serious, but giggled. He went back to stir the sauce and he went to cut some bread she laid out. She was so exotic.

"Do we have any wine to go with the pasta, wine goes so well with Italian."

He took some garlic and started to chop it very finely. He smiled as he did this.

"Do you cook a lot? Or do you always dress sexy and show off that hot body of yours to go grace the presence of the men with your beautiful body, gorgeous eyes."

He smiled as he said this to her, he was pouring this from his heart, telling her his thoughts of her.

"So you said you know about guns? Can you fight as well?"

He was curious.
 
Ami giggled at his half-serious warning that he'd make her take care of the problems she caused. "I'd be afraid, except that you clearly enjoy me teasing you, so..." she trailed off with a shrug.

"Oh, yeah, wine, good idea! There should be some really good ones down in the cellar, let me go check." The cellar was ancient, and full of bottles that Amilee had been collecting for most of her life. She disappeared down the stairs, selected a good Italian wine that would go well with pasta, and had to dust it quickly before coming back upstairs.

"Here we go. I believe this one is Tuscan. Erm... ooh, 1908. Should be quite good." She held it up with a broad smile and then went to get out some wine glasses. She popped open the bottle, poured each of them a glass and then handed one to him, winking. "I don't see why we shouldn't get started on the wine before dinner is served, do you?"
 
"1908, holy shit!"

He looked at the bottle.

"How did you get this? Do you know how much a bottle this old is worth? I can't drink this."

He looked to her as she opened the bottle and poured two glasses.

"Or we can... you are silly."

He toasted.

"To the ever beautiful and always funny Ami, thank you for not being a little problem case for me and allowing me to be by your side to protect you. I am glad that I can be both your friend and your guard. To you boss."

He clinked glasses with her and sipped the wine. He sighed.

"Wow... that is something else... I have never had anything like that before."

He could not take his eyes off hers.

"And I do love it when you tease me, it is quite exhilarating."

He grinned.
 
Amilee began to laugh when Ben seemed upset by the idea of drinking such a valuable wine. "Tech billionaire, remember?" she asked, pointing to herself. "A bottle of wine isn't going to break me."

She took a sip after his toast, chuckling. "Well, I'm not a problem case now, but I tried really hard to be earlier..." she admitted. She still disliked the idea of him getting hurt because of her, but it wasn't difficult to see how much happier he was now. Spending time together was good for him. Now she just had to figure out how to prevent it from turning into a potentially fatal thing for him to do.

But! That was something to concern herself with later. For now, they were safe, out in the middle of nowhere, and they had some time to spend together.

She was drawn from her thoughts by the sound of the stove beeping, indicating that the pasta was done. "Ah! Food!" She grinned at him and slipped by to start draining the pasta, but on her way by, some instinct seized her and she planted a quick kiss on his cheek as she passed.
 
He only smiled at her as she reminded him that she was a billionare.

"Oh yeah, I forgot... jeez."

He shook his head as he drank down the rest of the glass of wine. He saw her dash past him to take care of the pasta.

"Hey, let me do that please, you are injured."

After the kiss on the cheek happened he looked to her and only kept the smile on her face. He walked over to her and got right behind her and placed his hands on hers as his head on the side of hers, he breathed in her scent and got lost in it for a second.

"Ami..."

He kissed lightly over her neck as his hands brushed over hers as she drained the pasta.

"You are drawing me into you, I cannot seem to stop myself."

He pressed himself into her from behind as she could feel him and what she did to him. He could only kiss over her neck lightly as he tried to take over what she was doing.
 
Amilee gasped softly as Ben came up behind her and started kissing her neck. Her eyes fluttered shut and she took a moment to simply enjoy his lips, warm against her skin. She didn't stop what she was doing, but she slowed, his hands over hers seeming to send little jolts of electricity up her arms everywhere they touched.

"You are drawing me into you, I cannot seem to stop myself."

Her eyes opened and she turned her head slightly, forcing him to stop kissing her neck - though, only because if he continued to press kisses there, he would find her own lips in the way instead of her neck. Her heart was pounding in her chest, because she knew this was a bad idea, but she was starting to forget why. Was life really worth living in fear of later loss? Maybe she deserved to be happy for now. Maybe it was better to have loved and lost, like they say. And maybe he wouldn't abandon her the way Aaron had. Maybe they could be happy together, even if it was only for a few decades...

"Then don't."

And with that, she closed the distance between them, her lips pressing firmly against his in a chaste, exploratory kiss.
 
He felt her lips on his, a surge of power ran through him and he held her hands above her, he kissed her with passion, with desire, with his heart. He did not know what this was truly going to be become, but he had to stop being afraid, he had to grasp onto what he had now. He kissed her with what was in his heart, he let his tongue push into her mouth, he sought hers and found it, together their tongues danced. He held her hands, not letting her move them, showing her he had control. He broke the kiss and looked to her.

"Ami... your lips... oh my..."

He kissed her again as he caught his breath, he was excited, and she could feel it from the way his manhood pressed against her. He broke the kiss and looked into her eyes.

"No regrets... what we do is what we do."

He kissed her again.

"I'm sorry, I should let you speak before kissing you."

He smiled at her.
 
Amilee responded eagerly to the deepening of the kiss, letting her tongue play with his until he pulled back to speak softly, kissing her again and again between each phrase.

He withdrew properly, then, mentioning that he should give her a chance to speak, but she just grinned. "Speak?" she repeated, grinning impishly. She twisted her wrists, using only a little of her unusual strength to slip her hands out of his grip so she could wrap them around his shoulders, pulling herself closer to him. "What should I say when all I really want is for you to kiss me again?" she teased, bringing her lips very close to his, but not closing the final gap herself - she waited for him to do so.

And once he did, she started grinding gently against the erection she could feel growing in his pants. Heat and arousal started running through her body at the feeling - the knowledge that he wanted her that much excited her, and after kissing him for a minute more, she broke away from his lips to whisper, "Shall we take this upstairs?"
 
His heart was beating a mile a minute, he looked into her eyes as he kissed her again, this time gently biting her lower lip, than his tongue went back to swirl around hers. He broke the kiss and again gazed into her eyes.

"Ami... I have not been this intimate with a lady in a while..."

He than kissed her again, he groaned as he felt her grinding herself against his rock hard cock. She was making him feel so good. With her hands on his shoulders he put his on her firm butt, he lifted her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist and he smiled.

"What about dinner?"

He kissed her lips before she could respond.
 
Everything about him was perfect: the feeling of his teeth nipping against her lower lip; the soft, almost shy admission that he hadn't been intimate with a woman in a long time; the way he lifted her easily off the floor, as if she weighed nothing.

Amilee was going to respond to his question about dinner, but her answer was muffled by his lips pressed against hers immediately afterward again - and her words turned into laughter quickly thereafter.

When they parted, she shot him a playful little glare and then grinned. "We can eat after we work up an appetite," she answered, her voice low and sultry and full of promise. She kissed him again, this time slow and soft - careful and almost loving in the face of their otherwise scalding need.

"Take me upstairs," she purred, lifting one hand to point out the staircase. There was only one bedroom up there, anyway. Their sleeping together was almost an inevitability, once they'd arrived here.
 
"Oh, I have an appitite right now though... but not for pasta..."

He looked deep into her eyes as he carried her upstairs and into the one bedroom with a large bed, he set her down as he very dominantly stripped her of her pants, revealing her bare legs. He saw her panties than and grinned as he climbed back up onto the bed and kissed her lips.

"You always wear such sexy panties? I do like sexy undergarments..."

He stripped himself of his shirt, showing her his defined muscles, his sheer determination to stay in shape, his tattoos all bared to her, he kissed down her neck, trailing to the other side of her neck than slowly, his hands roaming down her back and up around her hip, than only to move up to her breast.

"Ami... Ami..."

He moaned as he kissed still over her neck, than moving up to nibble on her earlobe. His hand gently fondling her breast, his over hand holding her back, lightly massaging her back.
 
Back
Top