Need feedback on this idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammael Bard

Suit Up
No, it's not a story idea.

I'm thinking about making a sticky thread right here which'll contain links to the best written stories (for every category) and a link to a few author's submission page whose works are recommendable. It will be updated regularly.

They don't have to be on the Hall of Fames or even in the most Favourite Authors list. They just have to be good in any department you think is great (Plot, Narrative, Erotica, Humour)

For eg.,

I'd include leapyearguy for that Author's list. I love the way he includes humour in almost all of his stories. I was introduced to his work by Aiding and Abetting (Romance) and was intrigued with the rest of his work. I have gone through all of his works and I loved 90% of it. Pity that he has stopped writing.

In a particular category,

In BDSM, I'd like to include BackyardBottomslash for his submission Yours. It's definitely one of the best reads I've ever had in BDSM category. The author has style, substance and definitely avoids turning his story into a clichéd place with hunky men in leather pants and women wearing slave collars. The thoughts and conflicts in the protagonist's mind are what makes this read incredible.

I don't wish to impose my own favourites into the list. There are several others I'm unaware of that should be included into the list.

Purpose? I'm thinking more like:

Look, here's what a great piece of writing looks like. You can learn something from it and improve your own work, if you want that is.

Recommendations from any of you will work. Multiple recommendations will definitely cement that place. I'd appreciate your suggestion even if it is to tell me that this idea stinks, provided you tell me the reason behind it. Otherwise, all you'll be getting is a middle finger.

Regards,

Bard.

ETA: Just so that people can see the end-result of the haggling till now, this is my latest thought on the thread - http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=64429395&postcount=36

Any more thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Best written in your own view, right? Guess you could do that if you wanted to.

I wish youd pull your big head outta your ass and chillout

I thought for a moment about which one of us you were addressing, but laughed when I realized it probably was both. :D

I think my response to the Bard was trying to be the gentle side of what you posted, though.

Best written in your own view, right? Guess you could do that if you wanted to.

True.

I need a wider range of stories so that the thread isn't biased only towards a few categories. Admittedly not the perfect way, but the best way I can think of right now.

In the end it'll be your own opinion over all of us, I guess. Still, I can see where you're leading with this idea. It's decent.

Authors:

Pacofear (for his Incest-Taboo stories. Words on Skin, Macallan Promises...it's all there. I'm not vouching these stories only for their Incest content. They are well-written too.)

Bramblethorn ("A Stringed Instrument" series is the best, very unlike the rest. There's less eye-rolling drama as compared to others. The narrative is unique.)

Lien_Geller (Sci-fi. Well known, and I think you'll agree with me on this. The world he has created in "The Missing Dragon" series is fantastic.)

I'll search my bookmarks and see if I can dig something nice. :)

In the end it'll be your own opinion over all of us, I guess. Still, I can see where you're leading with this idea. It's decent.

Authors:

Pacofear (for his Incest-Taboo stories. Words on Skin, Macallan Promises...it's all there. I'm not vouching these stories only for their Incest content. They are well-written too.)

Bramblethorn ("A Stringed Instrument" series is the best, very unlike the rest. There's less eye-rolling drama as compared to others. The narrative is unique.)

Lien_Geller (Sci-fi. Well known, and I think you'll agree with me on this. The world he has created in "The Missing Dragon" series is fantastic.)

I'll search my bookmarks and see if I can dig something nice. :)
Agreed with all of them. Pray post more if you can find. :rose:

I always like it when readers note on the forum what they've read that they really enjoyed. For anyone to say a story is the best of anything on Literotica--even in their own opinion--out of all the stories that are on Literotica, when any one reader can only have read a fraction of what has been published, I find to be ludicrous, off-putting, and arrogant--and being more about promoting the poster than the stories. So, I guess my reaction depends on the wording of the "I liked" post.

I always like it when readers note on the forum what they've read that they really enjoyed. For anyone to say a story is the best of anything on Literotica--even in their own opinion--out of all the stories that are on Literotica, when any one reader can only have read a fraction of what has been published, I find to be ludicrous, off-putting, and arrogant--and being more about promoting the poster than the stories. So, I guess my reaction depends on the wording of the "I liked" post.
Hence, the "Please Put Your Recommendations here too" part of this thread.

BTW, do you have any recommendations?

Hence, the "Please Put Your Recommendations here too" part of this thread.

BTW, do you have any recommendations?

No, because I haven't read all of the stories, so of course I can't possibly say one of them is the best written one with any sense of fairness to the authors here whatsoever. But, then, neither can you. (Have you actually read what you posted in the OP?)

Last edited:
One of the bests, if I'm to correct myself. There isn't going to be only one single story for a category recommendation. Multiple stories.

That better?

No, that's not better. You can only have read a miniscule percentage of the stories on this site--and probably only in a few categories anyway. You can't believably claim any ability to use the "best" word in any way in reference to the file here. It's just not fair to the authors here.

This is just you overreaching again and promoting yourself as some sort of expert, I think. This isn't about the stories on Lit. This is about you. In that sense, I think JBJ has you fingered.

These wouldn't be "best" stories, then. They'd be the stories you *like* best. Nothing wrong with that, but any "best" is only a matter of opinion.

No, that's not better. You can only have read a miniscule percentage of the stories on this site--and probably only in a few categories anyway. You can't believably claim any ability to use the "best" word in any way in reference to the file here. It's just not fair to the authors here.

This is just you overreaching again and promoting yourself as some sort of expert, I think. This isn't about the stories on Lit. This is about you. In that sense, I think JBJ has you fingered.
That's you haggling over the use of "best". All boils down to relative terms. That doesn't mean that the small percentage going to be posted here aren't going to be good. I'm mining for gold in this place.

Unfair to other authors? Certainly. I'm not promoting equal rights here. The very nature of this thread would be to promote authors (duh?).

And I merely posted an idea, you dick. People aren't going to fawn over the OP. They won't care in any way, in case you were wondering that they do. Just in case, the idea doesn't seem to be working out and I feel that it would be tedious to maintain and keep updating a thread like that, I won't post it. Period.

You asked for reactions. You got mine. I think my discussion about "best" is spot on. I think you're grandstanding. You'll probably continue doing so. Your head is that big.

It won't be an insult just because some authors won't get mentioned. An insult to you probably because most people won't see it fit to mention honourable "Pilot" in the list. Raw nerves, me dear? :D

I think my discussion about "best" is spot on.....Your head is that big.

A good irony.

I say that if you really want to see this thread, post it with the caption "Great Reads" and begin it with "I've read stories on Lit, here are a name of few authors you might want to check out and some other stories. Thanks to the people of this thread that contributed into this. If you feel that an author has been left out, please post your suggestion here."

The call will be yours. Despite how much you say that readers voted this and this, it's going to be your favourites.

It is going to be unfair to other authors to a certain extent, only if you put it up there into a sticky. It's an unfair advertisement .You haven't read every single story on Lit. Post a normal thread, and I feel that'll be a better option.

Now calm down and cheer up. :kiss:

No, it's not a story idea.

I'm thinking about making a sticky thread right here which'll contain links to the best written stories (for every category) and a link to a few author's submission page whose works are recommendable. It will be updated regularly.

I like the idea, though I think it'd work best if it's packaged as "The Soulful Bard's Story Picks" or similar (even if it's open to other reviewers too) rather than just "The Best Stories". The latter is probably going to lead to arguments.

They don't have to be on the Hall of Fames or even in the most Favourite Authors list. They just have to be good in any department you think is great (Plot, Narrative, Erotica, Humour)

I'd love to see recs based on story qualities that aren't covered by the categories list. I think it'd also be great to showcase different approaches to these elements: e.g. under Humour, could include both overt comedy pieces, and serious stories that use comedy to good effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back