The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon, naked people. :) I hope your day went well.

Hi there, Di! Didn't start well: a disturbed night's sleep due to the 24-hour blood pressure monitor the doc had me wearing, which automatically inflated tight round my arm every hour on the hour, waking with a splitting headache so bad I couldn't stand without getting dizzy. But went away as the day progressed and I've got rid of that bloody monitor now.

Went up to the pub to meet the social group I go out with, for our monthly pub evening, and just back home.

Hi there, Di! Didn't start well: a disturbed night's sleep due to the 24-hour blood pressure monitor the doc had me wearing, which automatically inflated tight round my arm every hour on the hour, waking with a splitting headache so bad I couldn't stand without getting dizzy. But went away as the day progressed and I've got rid of that bloody monitor now.

Went up to the pub to meet the social group I go out with, for our monthly pub evening, and just back home.

Good evening, Beastie! :kiss:

Sorry to hear about your disturbed sleep...hope you catch up tonight. Keep me posted on the blood pressure.

Was it a cider evening?

Good evening, Beastie! :kiss:

Sorry to hear about your disturbed sleep...hope you catch up tonight. Keep me posted on the blood pressure.

Was it a cider evening?

Indeed it was. Just one, though.

Talking of drinks, do you want anything from the bar?

Is this at work then? Got a dull (or even pointless) task to do?

[rant] I'm taking a course that is mandatory for my level. All supervisors must ensure that the course is completed this fiscal year. So, regardless of the fact that I have my certificate in the subject matter area and coach these courses the rest of the year, I must sit through three days of training.

Canada, these are your tax dollars at work. [/rant]

Sympathy! I had the same dumb problem last year. It ain't jes' Canada, folks.

Didn't figure it was restricted to the Great White North, Bear. Bureaucratic stuff and nonsense everywhere. :rolleyes:

How are you this evening? Has Fuzzy Wuzzy become a bare bear to beat the heat? :D

[rant] I'm taking a course that is mandatory for my level. All supervisors must ensure that the course is completed this fiscal year. So, regardless of the fact that I have my certificate in the subject matter area and coach these courses the rest of the year, I must sit through three days of training.

Canada, these are your tax dollars at work. [/rant]

Yeah, I understand that. In my last job, I was also the safety contact for the group and despite having been on safety managment training to a higher level than everyone else, I still had to go on the mandatory one-day safety course because it was policy for everyone to go and they weren't going to make exceptions.

The safety work was one reason I was glad to leave that job. It really got to me that I had the responsibility for making sure that risk assessments were done by the senior technical person in each lab, but not the authority to make them do it.

Eh, a good brushing is all it takes. Tomorrow the temp will drop 10 degrees F and another 10 the following. Happens every spring in paradise. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I understand that. In my last job, I was also the safety contact for the group and despite having been on safety managment training to a higher level than everyone else, I still had to go on the mandatory one-day safety course because it was policy for everyone to go and they weren't going to make exceptions.

The safety work was one reason I was glad to leave that job. It really got to me that I had the responsibility for making sure that risk assessments were done by the senior technical person in each lab, but not the authority to make them do it.

Hah, my entire job hinges on showing people how to do something I have no authority to make them do, that no one is really interested in having them do (despite paying lip service to the idea) and getting them to do it anyway through charm and persuasion. (Our two weapons are charm and persuasion and a fanatical devotion to .....wait, our three weapons are...) :D

Hah, my entire job hinges on showing people how to do something I have no authority to make them do, that no one is really interested in having them do (despite paying lip service to the idea) and getting them to do it anyway through charm and persuasion. (Our two weapons are charm and persuasion and a fanatical devotion to .....wait, our three weapons are...) :D

Get yourself in charge of the office coffee supplies. The person with control over the free coffee has enough leverage to get anything done. :D

Get yourself in charge of the office coffee supplies. The person with control over the free coffee has enough leverage to get anything done. :D

Interesting strategy but I don't do coffee. Don't even like the smell.

The word chain is so damaged tonight I am not playing for a while.

Got space for a newbie in the Bar please? Where do I hang my coat ?

Mine's a Martini bianco please; if I want ot get real blasted, I have some Vodka a little later, thanks.

There are hooks next to the door but you have to hang more than the coat. The only article of clothing allowed inside my hat. As far as the drinks go, just give a hollar to either Rolf or Blue, our resident bar elves. Blue is better at cocktails but nobody pulls a beer engine like ol' Rolf.

Got space for a newbie in the Bar please? Where do I hang my coat ?

Mine's a Martini bianco please; if I want ot get real blasted, I have some Vodka a little later, thanks.

Hi there! Glad to see another British face (and, er, all the rest, this being a Naked Party and all) in here.

Wasn't Handley Page a biplane bomber manufacturer in the First World War and inter-war period? And one of the V bombers of the post-war period, if I recall correctly. (And I do, 'cos I've just checked on Wikipedia!) Any particular reason you've adopted it as your moniker on the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back