Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
early evening and still 40c outside - and I tried to work outside in that heat today - that was just stupid. Time for a glass of white wine or five.
 
I want to weigh in on a hot-button issue in my town, but I'm keeping my mouth shut because I won't change anyone's mind. Besides, the implications for my job and the potential death threats to my children definitely aren't worth it.

ETA: If the rednecks in this area knew as much about the First Amendment as they claim to know about the Second Amendment, they'd realize that the desired outcome of this issue is constitutionally appropriate, even if they don't agree with it.

Or does the Constitution apply only to things we agree with? :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
I've got a face cream...

Happy New Year Pmann!

Did you receive the Air Guitar I got you for Christmas? It goes to "11", and is much easier on your feet during string changes and tunings.
 
emerson quoth:
did you receive the air guitar i got you for christmas? it goes to "11", and is much easier on your feet during string changes and tunings.
quoted for awesomeness.
 
Happy New Year Pmann!

Did you receive the Air Guitar I got you for Christmas? It goes to "11", and is much easier on your feet during string changes and tunings.


Oh I have. It is a fine piece of craftsmanship. Many thanks.

You know, when I was 20 or so, I designed and built a guitar amp. It went to 11. :D My college professors were not as impressed as I thought they should have been when I tried to explain that 11 is one louder than ten. That's 10% more loudness and rocking I could do. I tried to explain the science behind it but what do a bunch of engineering doctorates know?

Oh, and I want even go into trying to explain to them why D minor is the saddest key I all. :rolleyes:
 
Ok, it has to be me. Everything is irritating the hell out of me lately.

I have probably started to type replies on at least 4 threads today, stopped, thought why bother, and not posted. I wanted to then type "dickhead," post it, and call it a day but didn't.

I need a vacation from my entire life, because my walking on sunshine attitude has walked out the damn door.
 
Last edited:
Saucyminx said:
I have probably started to type replies on at least 4 threads today, stopped, thought why bother, and not posted. I wanted to then type "dickhead," post it, and call it a day but didn't.
I can't tell you how many times I've done this. If I posted as many responses as I actually started to make, my post count would be twice what it is.
"Dickhead" probably would have been warranted Saucy. There's a fair few around. It must be school holidays.
Maybe by Monday most of the school-break folks will be back to school.

Y'all will still have to put up with me, though, because I'm on break until the 14th.
 
Ok, it has to be me. Everything is irritating the hell out of me lately.

I have probably started to type replies on at least 4 threads today, stopped, thought why bother, and not posted. I wanted to then type "dickhead," post it, and call it a day but didn't.


I wish I could be employed as an anti-asshole enforcer. If someone is being an dickhead I could just walk up to them, bitch-slap them and publicly denounce them. Then the general public would applaud me and jeer the jag-weed. I envision sort of like James Bond's license to kill but minus the killing.

That is my dream.
 
lion roar: job hunting sucks complete & total ass, no 2 ways about it.

how long have you been out? and what's your target situation?

ed
 
rainshine: the chicken & waffles thing is (originally) a soul food thing that's since traveled quite a ways, evidently.

ed
 
i was born & raised in the US and hadn't heard of it until the last few years. it's apparently a soul food thing, which probably explains it. it was mentioned however in an 80s john hughes flick.

ed
 
What is this soul food of which you speak?

Mmmmm... soul food. Used to go to a place in DC, in the basement of a church no less, that had the best soul food. Collard greens to make you weep. All with a big glass of sweet tea. Yummy!
 
I can't tell you how many times I've done this. If I posted as many responses as I actually started to make, my post count would be twice what it is.

You and me both! :rolleyes:

I envision sort of like James Bond's license to kill but minus the killing.

Don't jump so quickly to exclude this solution, as with some it is the only way they'll ever learn. Case in point - I'm watching Bering Sea Gold tonight and they're hyping that someone drowned. Early in the show, one of the divers doesn't show up at the boat to go out. He calls the boat later and suggested he could just swim out. Guess what, he tried, then rescue crews had to fish his lifeless body from the sea. Definitely a Darwin Award contender.
 
Soul food - makes me homesick! I miss really good Southern Fried Chicken and sweet tea! My LDL level, arteries, and cardiologist are glad, but I do miss them!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top