Introducing me....

Sailor_Witch

Experienced
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Posts
43
Hello all,

I am Popeye, the Sailor_Witch. I have been an avid reader for a number of years now and have decided to do what I can to help with editing. The bonus for me is that I get to read the new stories first-YEA!

I signed up today as a volunteer editor, so you won't find me in the directory yet, but soon that should change.

I retired this spring from a 35 year medical career. I have worked in both front line, hands on medical care and medical administration/management. During this time, I have created and edited many documents. Some were my own documents and others were not. Editing and proofreading one's own document is always the biggest challenge.

I am not an expert by anyone's standard, (except maybe in my own delusions-lol) but I do have a pretty fair command of the written language. English, that is. My parents were school teachers. My father beat science into my head to the point that I took only the minimum of sciences in school and filled the empty slots with English courses.

I love finding the typos in any document. I have a pic saved from the local want ads of a person who was building a "peri-anal" flower garden. I love that pic.



I'm sure that it will be no surprise to anyone here when I say that after looking at the directory/list of VE's it would be difficult to select someone. Many haven't updated their profiles in a few years. That doesn't mean that they are't available, yet it does make one wonder.

I had to chuckle when I saw the number of VE ads with numerous errors in their introductions...

If you (like one that I saw) write 4 sentences and every one of them has an error in it, (one sentence had four errors) how am I supposed to believe that you would be a good choice for editing my work?

We all understand that a keyboard typo is going to slip in once in a while, but really...

Ok, enough of that crap. I'm available (once the site admins approve) to help with stories about incest, group sex, mind control and anything Pagan or Witchy. (yeah, I'm not sure that's actually a word either) Please though, nothing that includes any kind of Satanism. I don't and won't even consider editing that.

I hope that you'll consider me to help with your next editing need.

Thank you all for your hard work in writing these stories for the rest of us.

Popeye

P.S. Yes, I have enabled private messaging and replied to the available to edit post. Thanks for the advice.
 
Last edited:
Popeye, if you are a sailor and have knowledge of historical tall ships, I will feed you as much fresh spinach as you can stomach. Please PM me and see my previous post in this forum if you are interested.
 
Hello all,

I am Popeye, the Sailor_Witch. I have been an avid reader for a number of years now and have decided to do what I can to help with editing. The bonus for me is that I get to read the new stories first-YEA!

Few people report success using the VE site. If you are interested in editing then you might post your availability to the "Available to edit in August" sticky thread at the top of the page.

Also make sure you have personal messaging enabled. That is generally how you will contact writers on the forum.
 
Welcome!

I'm sure there will be many first-time writers here that will be elated to read your post! Before I submitted my first story I sent requests out to at least 15-20 editors on the list... I never received one response! I finally pleaded for help through a post and received many offers, but that required dealing with my private email! So, I, personally, am happy to have you here and grateful for the offer :) was that too many commas? I go comma crazy sometimes!
 
I'm sure there will be many first-time writers here that will be elated to read your post! Before I submitted my first story I sent requests out to at least 15-20 editors on the list... I never received one response! I finally pleaded for help through a post and received many offers, but that required dealing with my private email! So, I, personally, am happy to have you here and grateful for the offer :) was that too many commas? I go comma crazy sometimes!

Many people open a new e-mail address to maintain privacy.
 
Thank you. Yes, I have private messaging enabled. I also replied to the available to edit post. Thanks for the tips.
 
Back
Top