"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone mind if I take Leon to one side and forcibly explain the Englishness of kippers for breakfast?

Oh my. Sounds like fun.................... Over the knee or strung up?

My dirty little secret is that I frequently have breaded fish fillets for breakfast — they're already prepared so it's quick and easy to pop 'em in the microwave and nuke 'em and they're ready.

.
.
 
Last edited:
haha... this fella doesn't drink at all.. if rarely a little so.. no smoking as well.. and now the poem is being accused of being a creation from those effects??


Ah, where does the natual drunkenness of the poets stand then? Where, Mr. LeBroz, where?


Just kidding, sir.. thanks for that.. U deserve my salute ...
 
Good Job LeBroz! I liked the sound of relief : "Whew", coming from you :). Yep, It was quite a slew. No, I will not ask you, not today, about your daily selection of archival poems...
p.s. good idea: a "MUST READ" (probably has been here forever, still a good idea.)

The first post in the Archival Review has a brief intro as well as a link to another post where I explain a bit more but mostly it's purely subjective. Is it something I like or something I think other poets might like?

I don't have a checklist guiding me. The exclusion of a poem doesn't mean it's bad. Most are, quite frankly, just average. Some I don't include because after rereading a poem too many times, I still don't "get it." It's really about reading all these poems and coming across a poem I'd like to share with everyone as deserving another read, so I pluck it from the obscurity of Lit's archive. I'm not critiquing these selections, just offering them up with a sense of, "Hey! Look what I found."

So don't think of it as a special badge of honor; just enjoy the fruits of my labors.

.
.
 
haha... this fella doesn't drink at all.. if rarely a little so.. no smoking as well.. and now the poem is being accused of being a creation from those effects??


Ah, where does the natual drunkenness of the poets stand then? Where, Mr. LeBroz, where?


Just kidding, sir.. thanks for that.. U deserve my salute ...


Just because I've somewhat mellowed out doesn't mean I don't have vivid memories of floating down dry pavement while it seemed that time was standing still. Those were some trips to remember, even as they seemed to never end. :eek:

.
.
 
Just because I've somewhat mellowed out doesn't mean I don't have vivid memories of floating down dry pavement while it seemed that time was standing still. Those were some trips to remember, even as they seemed to never end. :eek:

.
.

oh you crazy kids....
 
New Ground

Er, just a quick peek in to thank Angeline for mentioning my poem, and others who also took the time to read it. :rose:
And thanks to the rest of the word-spinners (and their supporters) who feed our minds daily. It's a great gift you give us.
 
Oh my. Sounds like fun.................... Over the knee or strung up?

My dirty little secret is that I frequently have breaded fish fillets for breakfast — they're already prepared so it's quick and easy to pop 'em in the microwave and nuke 'em and they're ready.

.
.

None of those I have my own devious methods lol I got locked out this morning by the way seems someone has been trying to get in under my name and when I tried myself it wouldnt let me in!
 
None of those I have my own devious methods lol I got locked out this morning by the way seems someone has been trying to get in under my name and when I tried myself it wouldnt let me in!

Are you sure you were locked out? Might it be that you were just logged out? That usually happens when you delete your cookies by mistake, such as going to the Internet Explorer control panel and using the quick and easy button next to browsing history at the bottom of the control panel that says delete all, which also deletes all cookies, as well as temporary files and history. I've done that once and ended up having to restore all my log-in info for many sites - a real pain. Now I only delete the particular individual elements, such as temporary internet files and history, thereby saving my cookies.

.
.
 
I do delete my cookies every day or so and have to log in again but this was different a definite lock out I even got an email from the site saying someone had tried to log in 5 times with the wrong password and I know it wasn't me I had only just come online!
 
To Evie,
Thank you, my sweet, for the kind words. I don't really hate New York, I just report what I observe and the feelings I get when I visit there. I was there Easter weekend, and I always forget the weird (and often wonderful) bipolar nature of NYC.
Kisses.
 
I do delete my cookies every day or so and have to log in again but this was different a definite lock out I even got an email from the site saying someone had tried to log in 5 times with the wrong password and I know it wasn't me I had only just come online!

Ahhhhh .. I see. I take a different approach. I never log out and I don't delete all my cookies. After I delete my temporary internet files I do go through them every couple days and manually delete cookies that it shows that don't have passwords (some are tracking cookies from ad sites, though I've blocked most of those). Right now I've got over 30 cookies that I always keep.

.
.
 
I just wanted to say that I appreciate the review of my latest poems, and the comments I've received.

I often save my more non-traditional work for this board because I enjoy the intelligent reviews and comments I get here. This is very open-minded group and I have come to admire the reviewers here - I find I agree with them quite often.
 
-

Thanks to WickedEve for the mention of my poem An April Headline. I know it is a bit more ramble than poem, but I couldn't make myself rewrite. I thought it better to leave it as it came out.

My head is still spinning. Part of me wants it to just be a bad dream and I will wake up and still be able to hope that she will come back. Another part of me, the more rational part of me, thinks at least maybe now he will tell us where she is so we can finally say good bye. Mostly I just keep seeing her smile, over and over that amazing smile. I hope no matter what, I will always remember her that way.
 
Thank you to Angeline for the mention of my poem, Once more, with feeling. An thank you as well to ohhh-livia and KOLKORE for their comments. I have to agree with the wordiness critique....I don't normally tend to write in that way....I guess some some paring with a straight razor is in order....and then a resubmittal. Thanks to all those who read anonymously as well.

:rose:
 
Thank you, WickedEve for the mention in Monday's review. Incidentally, the poem actually grew from the "varnish" line.
Thanks also to LeBroz for the comment and food for thought.
Finally, thank you to anonymous for the positive comment.
 
My favourite read today comes from a returning poet, Cordelia. She is gracing our Friday read with her poem, The Book I'm Going To Recommend. It is a rich narrative poem that will take you through a novel punctuated with bits of history and memory and a whole lot of life. A really great lesson in use of description to add realism to a poem that's not really about being in a book store, after all.


A brief explanatory note about my PC — I realize that this is set in a coffee shop; however, the feeling I came away with is that of being in a bookstore, which is why I describe it in that fashion. It's not a farfetched feeling — it's the sort of feeling I can imagine having if finding a book that really piqued my interest, no matter the setting in which I find the book. Most often that setting is in fact a bookstore, where the real world can be made to vanish at the skillful hands of an author.

.
.
 
A brief explanatory note about my PC — I realize that this is set in a coffee shop; however, the feeling I came away with is that of being in a bookstore, which is why I describe it in that fashion. It's not a farfetched feeling — it's the sort of feeling I can imagine having if finding a book that really piqued my interest, no matter the setting in which I find the book. Most often that setting is in fact a bookstore, where the real world can be made to vanish at the skillful hands of an author.

.
.
I agree with you. I could have said library and kept the intent of my comment clear. I think the poem does transcend location and even identity, since it is written in such a way that the poet and her subject disappear into the creases of the reader's cerebellum. It's brilliant, IMO and I'm glad I got to review it. :rose:
 
I agree with you. I could have said library and kept the intent of my comment clear. I think the poem does transcend location and even identity, since it is written in such a way that the poet and her subject disappear into the creases of the reader's cerebellum. It's brilliant, IMO and I'm glad I got to review it. :rose:


And I'm totally jealous that you got to review it.

:rose:

.
.
 
.
.


It looks like Manu has been busy of late. So far, among stories/poems that are 'favorites', a new feature appears — "Similar Stories" — as can be seen in this example, recently posted on The Archival Review thread {you need to scroll on down to see it, to the right of the poem}. Should be interesting to see how this develops. Further details at Planet Manu.


.
.
 
Last edited:
As always, encouraging commentary is never assumed. So I do muchosly appreciate the replies to the Old Friend piece (at the risk of too much explanation, the friend in question is a dictionary).

Funny how some stuff makes you spin in hopeless circles and other stuff just seems to pop out.

Curious.

Everyone have a fantastic week, if you don't mind.
 
Thank you, Eve, for the kind mention. In case you haven't seen it elsewhere, I was an eyewitness. Odd where life takes us.
 
~

Thank you, WickedEve, for your mention of my poem. I wonder which words you would have cut? Hmmm *rubs chin* I struggle with trimming down my scribbles every time. Perhaps I need sharper hedge clippers? Thanks again. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top