Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my undergrad Classics prof spending the summer showing me the pleasures of the Greek neighbourhood in Manhattan. :D

I went on a course in the early 1960s on Materials Handling at a depot in rural Wales. We stayed in a public house and could use the bar 24/7. Our instructor had just returned to Wales after 9 years abroad.

We learned about the peculiarity of Welsh beers as we drove from pub to pub every evening. Wales was dry on Sundays, but not as residents in a pub.

Materials Handling course? I can't remember what we were taught. Welsh beers? Some of them, then, were evil tasting and worse in their after effects. But some were nectar of the gods.

I went on a course in the early 1960s on Materials Handling at a depot in rural Wales. We stayed in a public house and could use the bar 24/7. Our instructor had just returned to Wales after 9 years abroad.

We learned about the peculiarity of Welsh beers as we drove from pub to pub every evening. Wales was dry on Sundays, but not as residents in a pub.

Materials Handling course? I can't remember what we were taught. Welsh beers? Some of them, then, were evil tasting and worse in their after effects. But some were nectar of the gods.

How very true.

How very true.

'T is strange -- but true; for truth is always strange;
Stranger than fiction; if it could be told,
How much would novels gain by the exchange!
How differently the world would men behold!
How oft would vice and virtue places change!
The new world would be nothing to the old,
If some Columbus of the moral seas
Would show mankind their souls' antipodes.

Stanza 100 of Canto 14 of Byron's Don Juan

'T is strange -- but true; for truth is always strange;
Stranger than fiction; if it could be told,
How much would novels gain by the exchange!
How differently the world would men behold!
How oft would vice and virtue places change!
The new world would be nothing to the old,
If some Columbus of the moral seas
Would show mankind their souls' antipodes.

Stanza 100 of Canto 14 of Byron's Don Juan

The fine line between truth and fiction lies in whether you are reading it or living it. :cool:

The fine line between truth and fiction lies in whether you are reading it or living it. :cool:

It's also a fine line when listening to the excuses issued by a 15 year-old cadet.
They get more creative at 16.

Last edited:
I tried windoze 10 and found all my non-Office files fucked-up. Uninstalled it the ney day. All is fine now.

Win 10 was installed automatically by an "upgrade" from 7, so I have no method of getting anything back, short of installing Win 7 on it (I sure as hell ain't goin' to buy a replacement copy).

Do please tell me what that's about. :)
She walked 20 miles to warn the British.
And named some sweets.
What did I miss ?

"Laura Secord" sweets are chocolates mostly. July 1 is Canada Day (our "independence day"), and this year, it is also the day on which recreational pot becomes legal. We expect booming sales for Laura Secord.

"Laura Secord" sweets are chocolates mostly. July 1 is Canada Day (our "independence day"), and this year, it is also the day on which recreational pot becomes legal. We expect booming sales for Laura Secord.

I expect pizza delivery will see a big uptick that day also. :D

I wonder if we'll see legal pot over here.
There was a bit of a thing about it a while ago, but the govt. of the day said it was purely for medicinal research. ~Quite what the outcome was seems to have missed me.
Ah, well; I never got to try it anyway.

I wonder if we'll see legal pot over here.
There was a bit of a thing about it a while ago, but the govt. of the day said it was purely for medicinal research. ~Quite what the outcome was seems to have missed me.
Ah, well; I never got to try it anyway.

The US was headed toward sanity in how we treated marijuana...both as a medicine and recreationally...but now we have this throwback to fifties attorney general who thinks it's as evil as heroin and LSD. Science, research, and facts from the states that have legalized it means nothing to him. Nobody knows where it will end up while he's in charge.

Personally, I think he needs to stop watching Reefer Madness and join the 21st century. :rolleyes:

The US was headed toward sanity in how we treated marijuana...both as a medicine and recreationally...but now we have this throwback to fifties attorney general who thinks it's as evil as heroin and LSD. Science, research, and facts from the states that have legalized it means nothing to him. Nobody knows where it will end up while he's in charge.

Personally, I think he needs to stop watching Reefer Madness and join the 21st century. :rolleyes:

I Couldn't Get High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back