To Be or Not To Be - Your Choice

Thank you, but I will pass on both options.

F Scott Fitzgerald? Or Ernest Hemingway?

A difficult choice; both have something to commend and both have even more to dismiss...How about Santiago mistakenly steers for the light on Daisy's dock only to be redirected to West Egg...

Colum or Yeats?

bedframe, unless the cross is stone

stairs or elevator

TIO...STIFFle?

It was either a typo or a Freudian...stifled with something stiff:D

DOWN.

myrrh or mistletoe?

Ah, mistletoe. Give me resurrection over enbalming anytime. Let the vine's life grow from the death of the oak, as the Druid would say, and celebrate Winter's dark solstice with the light of the yule. Under the mistletoe, everyone, now! Let new life begin again! Reclaim Midwinter from the Christians!

Oh, sorry about the bit of a rant...

Xmas or Ononharoia (and don't buy into that hoary old Jesuit translation from the Wyandot - it actually means 'the upsetting of the brain.')

It was either a typo or a Freudian...stifled with something stiff:D

Ah, mistletoe. Give me resurrection over enbalming anytime. Let the vine's life grow from the death of the oak, as the Druid would say, and celebrate Winter's dark solstice with the light of the yule. Under the mistletoe, everyone, now! Let new life begin again! Reclaim Midwinter from the Christians!

Oh, sorry about the bit of a rant...

Xmas or Ononharoia (and don't buy into that hoary old Jesuit translation from the Wyandot - it actually means 'the upsetting of the brain.')

Christmas (but Ononharoia sounds like one fun holiday! ;) )

Traditional Halloween or All Hallows' Eve?

Hope everyone is having a fun and sexy Halloween!

Christmas (but Ononharoia sounds like one fun holiday! ;) )

Traditional Halloween or All Hallows' Eve?

Hope everyone is having a fun and sexy Halloween!

For Ononharoia (at midwinter), you were supposed guess what people were dreaming of, and try to satisfy their dreams. Dreams were seen as wishes of the soul, and, with soul and body as one (no western dualism among the Iroquoians), unsatisfied wishes would cause physical illness, and not just for the dreamer. Given the matrilineal basis of the society (and the female founder of the human race, Aataensic), it was most important to satisfy the wishes of women. And if the elder women's wishes weren't realized, the whole community could become sick. One old woman, by the way, dreamt, much to the consternation of the Jesuits, that all the young people of the village were holding a naked orgy in her longhouse. Needless to say, the young folks didn't flinch at the thought of satisfying her dream.

Gingerale. I hate alcohol.

Brains or heart? (Zombies please refrain from answering.)

So, clealry, then (see above), I prefer

Orenda

(the Iroquoian indivisible physicospirit of everything.Let hearts and minds be one!)

Hearts or Bones?

For Ononharoia (at midwinter), you were supposed guess what people were dreaming of, and try to satisfy their dreams. Dreams were seen as wishes of the soul, and, with soul and body as one (no western dualism among the Iroquoians), unsatisfied wishes would cause physical illness, and not just for the dreamer. Given the matrilineal basis of the society (and the female founder of the human race, Aataensic), it was most important to satisfy the wishes of women. And if the elder women's wishes weren't realized, the whole community could become sick. One old woman, by the way, dreamt, much to the consternation of the Jesuits, that all the young people of the village were holding a naked orgy in her longhouse. Needless to say, the young folks didn't flinch at the thought of satisfying her dream.

So, clealry, then (see above), I prefer

Orenda

(the Iroquoian indivisible physicospirit of everything.Let hearts and minds be one!)

Hearts or Bones?
Hearts

Naked orgy in longhouse or Roman banquet?

Back