Best way to answer story feedback

B_E_A_N

Virgin
Joined
Nov 27, 2014
Posts
15
Hey,

I'm wondering how this community handles author feedback to received story comments.

Do authors here usually just leave a comment on their own stories when they want to answer a comment they received? Do they contact the reader through forum PM? Through the story feedback engine?

Yeah, it's a bit of weird "how to" question, but I couldn't find a better place to ask it.
 
"In the story", as in "in the story text"? Or by using the Comment engine on your own story?
 
"In the story", as in "in the story text"? Or by using the Comment engine on your own story?

People leaving Public Comments on a story don't usually return to read a response from the author (or anyone else).

If you want to respond, sending 'Feedback' or a PM if they have PMs enabled is the preferred way.

But some who leave abusive comments might return to see whether they have had the effect they wanted by annoying the author. I have been accused of deleting an abusive comment but it had been removed by 'Admin'.
 
Something to consider is many people join lit with a toss away e-mail address. So if you try to reply to a poster through lit feedback it most likely is going to an e-mail that is never checked, unless the comment came from another author who uses the e-mail.

Responding in your comments is up to the author. I usually do not, but have occasionally if someone made a very good point.

One thing I advise against is responding to trolling rude remarks. First it shows they got to you, second it looks a little tacky to spend your time giving anymouse the time of day.

that is just my opinion of course not any type of rule.
 
don't do it. I appreciate readers who vote, if they want a discussion its best done via PM's on this side of the site.
 
Back
Top