New Poetry Recommendations

Friday May 24 New poem recommendations

There are only four today - read them all and leave comments :)

If you cannot do that, read the two by demure101.
 
Natural42 is a new Lit poet and this is her first submission. It's a detailed description of masturbation and well done, which is to say nothing is left out. My problem with this poem is it strictly a voyeur's view. I find this a lot, these days in poetry and prose. Everything is written as if filtered through a video screen.
Self Pleasure 101 by Natural42

Moments in Time by RedHot_Lips A variation on the "Self Pleasure 101", with the same nose against the window pane point of view.

Kratom Haiku Set by seannelson
Mea culpa. I either don't like haiku, or I don't get haiku and lack the education necessary to know the difference.

For Keeps by Egoabsolved
A short piece which ends with "Love's the only game played for keeps." The ref blows his whistle and calls a technical foul.
 
Awake? by GuidingHand

This is a nice piece, but one word lines seldom achieve the breathless rhythm they attempt to create.

True Love by sue43mom

A sweet piece, worth the read.

Prickly Stuff by erectus123

A poem written for an audience of one, written in honor of that one, made all the more strange, for the fact the audience has no ears and only one eye.

mysterious stranger by honeycandyman

This is a hard read. The lack of punctuation and major case letters starting every line contribute to it. A careful edit and rewrite could make more of it.
 
Today we have:

Seannelson Shingles Virus Haiku Set is worth reading. I like the way the Haikus are presented. Rather dark subject matter. I thought the first two stanzas/haikus were the best. Recommended.

dontblink88 has several:
Massacred Musings (septet) Lapses into some language cliches (memory cutting like glass) but overall is nice - I particularly liked the way this looks visually on the page. Recommended.

My Favorite Day (Quinzaine) 15 unrhymed syllables, three lines. This one is about Autumn. It's a nice moment, but I cannot get past "leafs". I'm just that way.

Watercolors (lune) working our way through forms here. This poem is evocative, but lacks punch.

Vows (tanka)
5-7-5-7-7 syllable lines. This one is about a wedding. It's quite nice. Recommended.

Coitus (pensee) I found to be the weakest of dontblink88's offerings today.

Angelscuck gives us Through a Porthole is about a mermaid luring some poor soul to his/her death. A "pritty" mermaid.

76ers submits The Night is the tale of a night encounter. I found the comma use a bit off, and I think we know my feelings on "i" lowercase. Raise your "i"s folks! Be egotistic and proud! (ok, end of rant...)

erectus123 Earthlings on Toast - Sci-Fi humor is a kind of Dr. Seuss like tale that has aliens slicing, dicing, grilling and skewering fat humans for food. I'm not sure if it is humor or horror.

SirVPL The Guilty Subbie demonstrates an alternate approach to the I/i issue - with Me/me against the subbie.

kokshur No Bed? puts emphasis on the act, not the location.
 
Face Fuck Book #74-Damon by erectus123

A fly on the wall narrative about a triangular affair. The names sound familiar, but it's a trick of perspective. The Damon in the title, is a character from a 1968 novel. Since that time, there have been a half dozen or more Damon Rutherfords around the world. Maybe this poem is about one of them.

Embrace of the Spiderwoman by oneiria

Porn scenario #8. The pizza guy delivers a pizza and gets his ashes hauled.

The Chorus by blazingforth

An interesting piece by a new Lit poet. Worth the read.

The F Word by andy_charles Andy is a prolific Lit author who is posting his first poem. I've read this poem in several dozen versions. It seems to be something most of us go through at some point in life.

The Failure of Good by PrimalRoots

A sonnet of sorts. Worth the read.

pacification of the plastic Gods by seannelson

A nice piece from Sean. A recommended read.

Own me by NikkiTrakz
A pleasant invitation from Nikki.
 
Last edited:
Dark Blued hue ! by Ashesh9 A very nice.
Flood or Famine ?!? by Ashesh9
A plea to Mother Earth to forgive for what we have done to her. Both of today's submissions are worth the read.

Colors of the Wind part 2 by dontblink88

An interesting exploration of the similes of orange.

Face Fuck Book #89- Bobby G by erectus123
Face Fuck Book #46—Roxanne by erectus123

More in the facefuck book series. The releases seem to be random.


Peacefulness by Heidi123
A quick series of images.

On cloud 9 by NikkiTrakz Good erotic poetry.
 
I have been too busy to read NP', that and a glitch in my browser that keeps me from commenting or reading comments. I felt guilty after posting in the poll thread and hurried over there to read. Well the first one I read... The Shag Soul by IrmaCerrutti stopped any further perusal of said new poems. Would love to hear what anyone thinks about it, also a translation may be appropriate for a poor southern boy like me. Hollar, Harry
 
July 5 -

Did we make a final decision on what we are doing with NPR?

In the meantime, there are some interesting poems today. The ones that stood out for me are:

Nights of The Snow Monster by seannelson is a socio-politico-poem. Read it and see what you think, and remember your visit will be recorded ;)

todski28 has two worth reading:
Rip it off, cute and refreshing
and
Meeting Jim, a tavvy tale which made me laugh..

Columbina posted An Invocation. I found this worth reading because of the flow of the poem, which does read like an invocation. I don't know what it means, but I liked it in a witchy kind of way.

That's it from me. Read the posted poems. Comment. I'm going to try to do it myself more.
 
Wow
over in new poems

Hot couples.
Doing sexy things
On cam.
Right now.

that was an ad


best of the poems, today

oneiria's

http://www.literotica.com/p/dream-lovers-5

which has a good line and a good end, and a contrast

some of the rest of the poems are more like case studies on what to avoid

but who am i to argue with #1 fanboy

anyway. comments are always resented. but i do my damnedest.
 
Friday July 12 NPR

There are three worth taking a look at the non-erotic section today. To be fair, I only skimmed the Erotic poems. Blame it on my mood.

1201 :Red Tint

HarryHill:Kitchen Day Taunt (was posted here originally, I think)

and as Harry mentioned before, newcomer FluteMaster Reflections on a Conversation

Also some newcomers who could use comments. That means you :) get on over there and comment. P
 
From a few days ago

The Artist's Frustration
bykitten1964
which is a damn good story, (a bit too prosy)
which had me believing kitten believing it , even if I didn't believe a word the old coot was saying, in other words, could this have come out of my mouth (yes, dubious)
so why am I recommending, it is a damn good story, shows a real sensitivity, and certainly more deserving than one lame ass comment (mine)

"If only I could draw her," he sighs.
If only I could see that perfection again."

these are the kind of people we need.
 
The Artist's Frustration
bykitten1964
which is a damn good story, (a bit too prosy)
which had me believing kitten believing it , even if I didn't believe a word the old coot was saying, in other words, could this have come out of my mouth (yes, dubious)
so why am I recommending, it is a damn good story, shows a real sensitivity, and certainly more deserving than one lame ass comment (mine)

"If only I could draw her," he sighs.
If only I could see that perfection again."

these are the kind of people we need.

I agree it is good story. It's also a story I know I have heard before, I've been trying to remember where - which is why I didn't comment. Doesn't matter though, it is still a good poem.
 
It's odd, but I recognised it (not the picture) too. Like you, I can't place it.

Maybe it's just one of those iconic narratives? Surely it has been done in story and film. Reminded me mostly of Browning's dramatic monologues except for the last few lines. It would be sad to discover it was not original but maybe it's a paraphrase. The writing really flows well.

And I'd like to give 1201 a 5 for his comment: "sounds like Picasso on the make."
 
Maybe it's just one of those iconic narratives? Surely it has been done in story and film. Reminded me mostly of Browning's dramatic monologues except for the last few lines. It would be sad to discover it was not original but maybe it's a paraphrase. The writing really flows well.

And I'd like to give 1201 a 5 for his comment: "sounds like Picasso on the make."
yes but it was Charlie Chaplin's face i saw. sorry me bad.
 
The Artist's Frustration
bykitten1964
which is a damn good story, (a bit too prosy)
which had me believing kitten believing it , even if I didn't believe a word the old coot was saying, in other words, could this have come out of my mouth (yes, dubious)
so why am I recommending, it is a damn good story, shows a real sensitivity, and certainly more deserving than one lame ass comment (mine)

"If only I could draw her," he sighs.
If only I could see that perfection again."

these are the kind of people we need.

It's maybe 10% poem, 90% prose. Kitten is a skilled word joiner, many quality little stories, some a little more poetic, but kitten is prosaic in most of kitten's poetry.

Kitten's writing reminds me of Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair, like the literal translation of the Spanish. If the author absorbed some poetic tools and devices they would be outstanding.
 
Thank you all for your comments!

Thank you all - I've just recently discovered the poetry section of the forum and I'm really enjoying reading the postings and all your comments.

I know I tend to be too prosy - I am often too lazy to actually apply all the poetic devices I've studied and studied! I'm usually in a rush to get the story out and don't quite want to take the time to structure my poems. It's a very bad habit, I know. :( I keep trying to tell myself, it's freeform poetry! :) (and yes, you're allowed to groan at that!)

As far as the originality - if there is a poem exactly like this one, I'm not aware of it. This really did come out of my mind, with all its flaws and imperfections. I was attempting to draw in Paint on the computer and, as usual, getting frustrated by my lack of both drawing talent in general and ability to draw on the computer specifically. I had also seen a week or so before an elderly couple crossing the street, the man tenderly shielding the woman, and it had almost made me cry with the love and concern they obviously still had for one another. It just came to me, all in one piece, including the setting, and I decided not to have the narrator be the artist, but someone who is impacted by the story, made to see what love truly is. I guess the last four lines, where I wanted to show the effect of the man's story on the narrator, didn't quite get across what I wanted to accomplish, lol. It's good to know, though, so I can improve my writing.
 
It's maybe 10% poem, 90% prose. Kitten is a skilled word joiner, many quality little stories, some a little more poetic, but kitten is prosaic in most of kitten's poetry.

Kitten's writing reminds me of Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair, like the literal translation of the Spanish. If the author absorbed some poetic tools and devices they would be outstanding.
Aha, so we agree! I would be careful about the 10%, I might ask where.
New Poems
two words
Desejo

It started in June


and

It's just Lunch

which may be a bit too prosy
but it is a glorious orgy of prose, done just the way I like it
fuck it, it's poetry
and I think I'm falling in love

comments are with the poems

and

don't
end rhyme has a use and purpose, for the sake of, isn't one of them
aabbccdd
is usually a death knell for good writing
there maybe five people here that may be able to pull of rhyming couplets, (i'm not one, bflasst maybe) but if they do do them, it would be very rarely and probably not twice in the same day,
so don't
you are not Keats
 
Back
Top