The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when seen in a photo taken by a brave soul when it was bloody cold.

Meanwhile, winter's grip is encircling our area.
Indeed! Actually, I have some nice pics of snowy trees from the year we spent Christmas with my family and, mysteriously, it snowed out west.

Winter seems to be avoiding our area for the time being.

Wife's back in the kitchen tomorrow. Lord, give me strength!

She's using the crockpot/slow cooker to make pulled pork, have a 4 lb butt.
Okay, that sounds wonderful. What does she add to the slow cooker for the pork?

Got some great shots during my walk through the woods. Will upload some of them tonight while sipping from my proper sake serving set.

Indeed! Actually, I have some nice pics of snowy trees from the year we spent Christmas with my family and, mysteriously, it snowed out west.

Winter seems to be avoiding our area for the time being.

Okay, that sounds wonderful. What does she add to the slow cooker for the pork?

Off the top of my head:

The rub she's using, just pulled off the internet last week, includes cumin, chili powder, brown sugar. It lays on a bed of onions and garlic. She'll learn tomorrow that she'll need to add stuff to the rub, because it won't have enough umf to it after 10 hours.

We're talking butts and you two keep trying to pull us out into the cold. :eek:

I'd love to see the pictures.

Last night the power went out in my town, and naturally that included the electronic ignition on the cave's force air heating. It stayed off until about 8:30, just as I was about to leave for my fly casting class. Mind, the temperature outside was 37 . . . in SoCal! So winter may be skipping much of the nation right now but that's because it decided to go south for the winter. Maybe it wanted a trip to Disneyland. Anyway, the heat's back on again so when we get back from the symphony tonight, we'll have a warm leaf pile.

Translator please
Butt.
I thought this meant the end of a cigarette,
or
maybe someone's arse.

Off the top of my head:

The rub she's using, just pulled off the internet last week, includes cumin, chili powder, brown sugar. It lays on a bed of onions and garlic. She'll learn tomorrow that she'll need to add stuff to the rub, because it won't have enough umf to it after 10 hours.
Not crazy about the cumin, but yeah, it sounds like it needs a little something more. That oomph! needs to be able to really collect.

We're talking butts and you two keep trying to pull us out into the cold. :eek:

I'd love to see the pictures.
No, I don't like when my butt is cold. I'm thinking about hauling my slow-cooker out this week, thanks to RJ.

Not crazy about the cumin, but yeah, it sounds like it needs a little something more. That oomph! needs to be able to really collect.

No, I don't like when my butt is cold. I'm thinking about hauling my slow-cooker out this week, thanks to RJ.

I have a rub recipe somewhere that includes onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, one that she likes on ribs. I'll dig it out.

Good grief, Carruthers, the temperature has risen to plus 4 !
I think I'll get my kit together.

'S a good thing the power came back on. This morning the temperature was 35 and my windshield was covered in ice . . . in SoCal!:eek:

She used the mandolin to cut the onions, so it was quick and no tears for her.

The rub for the pork butt includes cinnamon, which I can smell. I forgot to tell her to use less as specified in the recipe: The stuff I got is strong. It smells good :D

Yummy! There's cinnamon in the recipe I use for pulled pork too, and I love it. Yeah, I need to get the slow cooker out soon. :)

Yummy! There's cinnamon in the recipe I use for pulled pork too, and I love it. Yeah, I need to get the slow cooker out soon. :)

Her father had a chili sauce recipe that had cinnamon in it. It worked well for pork and surprisingly, chicken.

Here's my contribution:

Summer sunset over the Chesapeake, 2012

tumblr_mgkzsf0GjL1r5jqq2o1_500.jpg

Is it so unusual then, Bear ?

Very unusual. Normally the lowest it gets around here is the low '40's though clear back in about the mid-80's Long Beach did get a light dusting of snow. However, it didn't snow at the airport so it was never officially recorded. I only know it happened because I drove by it on the way home from work!

'S a good thing the power came back on. This morning the temperature was 35 and my windshield was covered in ice . . . in SoCal!:eek:

Very unusual. Normally the lowest it gets around here is the low '40's though clear back in about the mid-80's Long Beach did get a light dusting of snow. However, it didn't snow at the airport so it was never officially recorded. I only know it happened because I drove by it on the way home from work!

You got snow, we got ice and the state here is in the grips of a flu epidemic. And now I have it. I wish Lumpy would keep his germs to himself.

But I had a good time last night. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back