The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Summer Lovin' Contest Support Thread

Now that the winners for the 2014 Nude Day contest have been announced, it is of course time to move on to the Summer Lovin' contest.
--snip--

Thank you PennLady for continuing to provide a safe place to follow other's moans, groans... and, most of all, "I'm-not-alone"s on the writing a contest story front.

The last contest was quite the learning experience and I'm looking forward to this one.
 
Slowly but surely, at least one of the plot bunnies has proven some longevity. The others seem more content to just play in the fields, heh.
 
A smart phone should never be smarter than the owner. :D
Same with bombs.

But I digress from my intended threadjack.

Although I don't intend to enter this contest, I am still posting stories, and edits. Has anyone noticed edit approval taking longer than new-story approval. I submitted two new stories and an edit on 19 July. The stories were approved on the 19th; It's now the 21st and the edit is still hanging. (Minor changes and fixes.) Does anyone else here seen their edits delayed?
 
Same with bombs.

But I digress from my intended threadjack.

Although I don't intend to enter this contest, I am still posting stories, and edits. Has anyone noticed edit approval taking longer than new-story approval. I submitted two new stories and an edit on 19 July. The stories were approved on the 19th; It's now the 21st and the edit is still hanging. (Minor changes and fixes.) Does anyone else here seen their edits delayed?

Edits usually take about the same time as new but if there is a backlog then they seem to lag a little.
 
I submitted a story Saturday and it was approved and posted today, Monday. Can't ask for better than that. Except for contest posting, usually the next day.
 
A bump to the top to remind people they need to get writing, if they haven't already.
 
I submitted a story Saturday and it was approved and posted today, Monday. Can't ask for better than that. Except for contest posting, usually the next day.

It took one day longer (three days) for my recent Nude Day contest story to post than one I submitted to the general file (two days)
 
Edits usually take about the same time as new but if there is a backlog then they seem to lag a little.

Two days later, and the EDIT is still pending. I saw this happen in my previous submission batch also, but that was during the Nude Day Contest cycle, and I figured contest entries took precedence. No contest now, so I just wait...
 
A bump to the top to remind people they need to get writing, if they haven't already.

I'm writing, I'm writing.

It just isn't a Summer Lovin' entry, it's the last part of Harold Saves Her Husband. :rolleyes:
 
[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2014 Back to School Contest

tumblr_n59u9szzo01trmdtxo1_500.gif

first day of school?

Listen let’s face it – the LITEROTICA Contest themes have become somewhat tiresome for both our authors and our readers. Same old … same old… So simply put - it is time for us to move on…

Already A.I.R. has replaced the unpopular Earth Day and Nude Day Contests. Now it’s time to take a break from the Summer one and we’ve chosen a theme for this year that is one of the most popular themes of erotic writing – sexy school days.

You can begin submitting your stories starting August 15th
The winners will be announced on or around September 15th

You can discuss this special contest on this thread or on the official A.I.R. one.


RULES (for the A.I.R. BACK TO SCHOOL contest):

- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately.

- Nor will stories featuring characters, locales, plot lines, etc., that have been previously used by the author be accepted.

- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories (a story can only win one prize in each contest):

1) Best Overall Story
2) Most Views
3) Most Comments
4) Most Votes
5) Highest Score

- A story has to accrue a minimum of 150 votes to be eligible (higher in some categories). The vote, comment, view, favorite, and score numbers that are reported by LITEROTICA will be used subject to final verification by the A.I.R. Computer Center.

- Story must have a SCHOOL SEX theme – teacher/student, student/student, parent/student, high school, college or university. Locker room, gym or classroom. Boning up for the next days class? Cheerleaders – fuck do you remember them! Nerds or jocks. Story should also be set during the first weeks of a new school year – i.e. around Labor Day.

- Gay stories will be allowed in this contest.

- It must be erotic in content.

- Maximum length allowed – the lesser of 4 LITEROTICA pages or 15,000 words.

- Non-Humans are not erotic and NH category stories will not be accepted. Nor will Sci Fi ones be accepted.

- No character may be named Pauletta.

- Contestants are prohibited from either VOTING or COMMENTING on other contest stories until after the results are announced.

- Don’t just submit some rehashed story you’ve been working on for years. We want something fresh. Be creative!

- A.I.R. reserves the right to disqualify without notice or explanation any story in which any kind of cheating or vote-tampering is suspected.

- Every story that meets the above criteria and is submitted to LITEROTICA during the contest period will be automatically entered into the A.I.R. contest. No special submission form must be filled out. We believe in inclusivity!

- If you have any questions regarding any of the above or anything pertaining to our contests, feel free to contact me by PM or email, or post any questions you have on this thread.

Good Luck!!!
 
Q: Why is there A.I.R.?

A: Without it, blowhards would have nothing to blow.
 
I have an idea I've been saving for this one! So, it's time for me to procrastinate, rush at the end, and then probably not submit it at all ... :rolleyes:
 
I have an idea I've been saving for this one! So, it's time for me to procrastinate, rush at the end, and then probably not submit it at all ... :rolleyes:

Is there a spanking involved?

Get to writing or there will be. :cool: :devil:
 
Bumpity bump. :D

I had to take down half of my contest submission due to its reported cheesy contents.
 
yes you can post on this thread if you like....

....but if you want really see what is going on in the themed contest world then...
 
Back
Top