Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Story Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 05-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #26
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,688
LWulf, I hope you don't mind, but I just sent you a sort of re-write of part of your story, just to show you what I meant on different counts. Much easier than trying to explain it here. I used the feedback link in your profile to send it, so it will come to your email account.

I did this before seeing your last post. I think I hit some of the points -- Bill's job, etc. I admit I wrote him perhaps more confident than you were aiming for, but I can't see why he'd be lacking confidence.

Last edited by PennLady : 05-23-2013 at 06:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #27
LWulf
Literotica Guru
 
LWulf is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
LWulf, I hope you don't mind, but I just sent you a sort of re-write of part of your story, just to show you what I meant on different counts. Much easier than trying to explain it here. I used the feedback link in your profile to send it, so it will come to your email account.

I did this before seeing your last post. I think I hit some of the points -- Bill's job, etc. I admit I wrote him perhaps more confident than you were aiming for, but I can't see why he'd be lacking confidence.
I don't mind, but I don't think I will get it. I think I have the option turned off for anybody other than forum admin to e-mail me.
You'll probably get a mailer daemon that it couldn't be sent...

Not minding doesn't mean I'd make those changes of course.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #28
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWulf View Post
I don't mind, but I don't think I will get it. I think I have the option turned off for anybody other than forum admin to e-mail me.
You'll probably get a mailer daemon that it couldn't be sent...

Not minding doesn't mean I'd make those changes of course.
Hmmm. Well, it's in the ether then. I didn't save the file. Which is probably a first for me. Actually, I didn't send a private message from here -- I went to your profile, clicked on your name, and filled in the form. I got no errors there, but I guess it will go unread. Also I checked my own page, and you can select not to receive anonymous, or not to receive any, but you can't receive only from forum admins.

I didn't send it from an email account, and the form doesn't save a copy. Oh well. Pity, I thought it had turned out pretty well especially since I generally don't write that kind of thing. Anyway, you might just want to check to see if you got it. The email address has my user name.

And the idea wasn't necessarily that you'd make those changes, I was just trying "show" the things I was talking about. I thought it was easier to demonstrate.

Also -- if he's so not-confident, why is he doing the spanking?

Last edited by PennLady : 05-23-2013 at 07:20 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #29
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 20,407
I thought it was pretty good, some odd word choices here and there.

For instance in the last sentence I am wondering how some one "smiles quietly"
__________________
Something "real men" should know.

The queen is the most powerful piece in the game of chess and frequently has to protect the rather weak king.

Just like in real life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #30
Tyro999
Really Really Experienced
 
Tyro999 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWulf View Post
.

...and as to the Alzheimer's comment, don't do that again, not in my thread. That's beneath you.

JBJ, enough, I just said something to him. please don't start a flame war, at least in my thread.

You two have history, fine. Not in my thread.
Since the days of the Usenet/Internet newsgroups, there is no such thing as ownership of a thread in forums like this. You may start a thread, but that is the last control you have over it. More often than not, it will go on its own way regardless of your intent.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #31
AMoveableBeast
Literotica Guru
 
AMoveableBeast's Avatar
 
AMoveableBeast is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Standing at the corner of feast and famine
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
I thought it was pretty good, some odd word choices here and there.

For instance in the last sentence I am wondering how some one "smiles quietly"
I would be more interested in how they would smile loudly.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #32
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 20,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWulf View Post
Dude.

Very rarely does "Sorry, but..." mean that you are truly sorry, in this instance, it reads as you aren't sorry at all. Which reads as "I don't respect you, and will do as I like." Which then means you don't have any self-respect.

I am not telling you how to think, just not to act that way in my thread. Take it outside!

You think he is wrong, then say "he is wrong". I have absolutely no problem with that, but then explain why.

I don't care if he is right or wrong. HE is trying at least, YOU are just trying my patience.
As Tyro said above me, you have no control over a thread and have to just ignore posts that annoy you-you can use the ignore feature and not read anything by the people you put there.

As for GA and JBJ? You'll have to excuse them. One is constantly ornery and the other rarely sober.
__________________
Something "real men" should know.

The queen is the most powerful piece in the game of chess and frequently has to protect the rather weak king.

Just like in real life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #33
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 20,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoveableBeast View Post
I would be more interested in how they would smile loudly.
That would be a neat trick. One of those cases where people say you can skip adverbs altogether.
__________________
Something "real men" should know.

The queen is the most powerful piece in the game of chess and frequently has to protect the rather weak king.

Just like in real life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #34
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru
 
_Lynn_'s Avatar
 
_Lynn_ is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 45,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
That would be a neat trick. One of those cases where people say you can skip adverbs altogether.
All adverbs or the ly adverbs?
__________________
. . .

A Little Girl's Legacy by JaeLynn Topper

Pay It Forward ~ by JaeLynn Topper (begins halfway down the page)

My Page
My Blog
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo

  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #35
LWulf
Literotica Guru
 
LWulf is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
For instance in the last sentence I am wondering how some one "smiles quietly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoveableBeast View Post
I would be more interested in how they would smile loudly.
Ever notice when someone smiles, that they exhale in a huff, you could say they are quietly laughing or that they are smiling loudly.
I don't. Instead, I just note when a person smiles, quietly. Get it?
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #36
JAMESBJOHNSON
TRAILER TRASH KING.
 
JAMESBJOHNSON's Avatar
 
JAMESBJOHNSON is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BAD SIDE OF TOWN
Posts: 46,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWulf View Post
Ever notice when someone smiles, that they exhale in a huff, you could say they are quietly laughing or that they are smiling loudly.
I don't. Instead, I just note when a person smiles, quietly. Get it?
Good point.
__________________
Soft bigotry; its not what we like but its what we want.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.