What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I figure he’s an intern, as his name didn’t show up on the web site he represented,” she wrote in an email. “You know us liberal moms: I want to give him a chance to learn the right lessons from this, which isn’t going to happen if I out him.”

Beautiful story. Perfect response.


This made me smile today (as an owner of the Alien quadrilogy boxed DVD set...):

hugs.jpg


:D
 
A conversation with my fellow spring mummies descending into an explanation of the difference between a magic wand and a violet wand!
 
Even though I mentioned on another thread, how scary empty cafes are, I wandered into one today and it was just glorious. Glorious! It's in a courtyard of an old wooden house, they made pancakes outside and had locally made strawberry-rhubarb compot to go with them. They had yummy-looking soups and salads there as well, and I'm gonna have to go there for lunch next week.

Because next week is the last week it's open. Talk about bad luck... Finding an amazing cafe just a week before it closes, because it was only some students' summer project.

And to top it off, there was this Asian store right next to the cafe, and the prices there were a lot lower than in the one I usually go (went) to. Now I have my honey, cinnamon stick, cardamon pod and star anis reservoirs replenished again.
 
A Reporter’s Failed Attempt To Sandbag Connie Schultz
Sahil Kapur July 18, 2012, 9:48 AM 66821

A conservative blogger’s recent attempt to sandbag Pulitzer Prize-winning syndicated columnist Connie Schultz proved to be an epic failure — and the only thing saving him from public embarrassment is Schultz’s own grace.

The story begins on July 9, says Schultz, when she received an email from the inquiring reporter, who promptly misspelled the name of the author, former columnist for the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, and winner of the 2004 Pulitzer for commentary:

Dear Ms. Shultz,

We are doing an expose on journalists in the elite media who socialize with
elected officials they are assigned to cover. We have found numerous photos
of you with Sen. Sherrod Brown. In one of them, you appear to be hugging
him.

Care to comment?​
Uh oh, you might think. Soon she’ll have to defend herself from allegations of being overly cozy with a subject she reports on. Well — not quite.

On July 10, she replied with this:

Dear Mr. [Name Deleted]:

I am surprised you did not find a photo of me kissing U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown
so hard he passes out from lack of oxygen. He’s really cute.

He’s also my husband.

You know that, right?

Connie Schultz.​
Brown and Schultz have been married since 2004, as even a cursory Google search or glance through either one’s Wikipedia page would show. She recounted the amusing tale on Facebook and noted that as of Tuesday she hadn’t received a response.

Reached by TPM, Schultz preferred not to name the blogger or publication.

“I figure he’s an intern, as his name didn’t show up on the web site he represented,” she wrote in an email. “You know us liberal moms: I want to give him a chance to learn the right lessons from this, which isn’t going to happen if I out him.”​
I linked the original story, just because, but I posted the whole thing so y'all could enjoy it more easily. :)

I am SO GLAD I went back to check this out. ROFL
 
Had to smile when I went past our office this morning and saw my new PC. F sent me to buy the parts yesterday, and my son put it together for me last night. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but will get there.:)

Catalina:rose:
 
A smile for the remarkable patience being demonstrated by a number of our regular posters on the Talk page. Really. I'm surprised the kid doesn't have half a dozen newly-ripped arseholes, especially considering his lack of competence with his native language, complete lack of familiarity with the topic he's addressing, and his general immaturity.

Kudos to those amazingly forbearant folks. Really. :rose:
 
A mad dash through my FB friends walls and catching up on all the happenings and silly posts. I so love all of the humans in my orbit. I really do. :heart:
 
A smile for the remarkable patience being demonstrated by a number of our regular posters on the Talk page. Really. I'm surprised the kid doesn't have half a dozen newly-ripped arseholes, especially considering his lack of competence with his native language, complete lack of familiarity with the topic he's addressing, and his general immaturity.

Kudos to those amazingly forbearant folks. Really. :rose:

Right?!
I have a 17 year old son and I'm guessing the poster in question is 15 tops.
 
Almost nineteen hours since the last smile/laugh post? :eek:

Mine for the day, a license tag I saw in the shopping center parking lot:

SEWWHAT


:D
 
The bumper sticker on the motorcycle in front of me that said, "My other ride is your mom"

Hee hee... I laughed a bunch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top