Hitting on men

greengamegirl

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Posts
499
Would it be strange to walk up to a man and start hitting on him? Would he take it seriously or think the woman is coming on to strong?

Have any women been successful or have funny stories to share where they weren't successful. I guess men could share funny stories too.
 
Would it be strange to walk up to a man and start hitting on him? Would he take it seriously or think the woman is coming on to strong?

That would depend on both of them. Her approach might be read differently by different men.

Some men probably have it happen a lot. The rest of us enjoy it when/if it does happen.
 
Actually, yeah kinda... It really just depends on the guy. For me, though, yeah it would be kind of awkward.

I mean, you could maybe just come up and talk to me in general and maybe ease your way into maybe seeing him later - phone number, for instance.
 
But how would you tell the difference between a friendly conversation and someone actually interested? Anyone could just come have a normal conversation. Seems a bit less direct and could lead to misunderstandings.

Actually, yeah kinda... It really just depends on the guy. For me, though, yeah it would be kind of awkward.

I mean, you could maybe just come up and talk to me in general and maybe ease your way into maybe seeing him later - phone number, for instance.
 
So...the way to hit on men is to ask them how their day is going? You could also talk about the weather or the time?

Maybe it's just different for men then. I wouldn't think a man was hitting on me if he just started having a random conversation with me. Then again, if that's what men want okay...
 
There's something called the Propinquity Effect, which is the proximity of two individuals causes attraction. So, the higher the propinquity, the more likely it is that you two will be attracted to each other. Examples would be others at work, school, or church.

Check out the Wiki
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propinquity
 
I've heard of this but it has nothing to do with hitting on men.


There's something called the Propinquity Effect, which is the proximity of two individuals causes attraction. So, the higher the propinquity, the more likely it is that you two will be attracted to each other. Examples would be others at work, school, or church.

Check out the Wiki
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propinquity
 
I've heard of this but it has nothing to do with hitting on men.

It has everything to do with it. You're going up to somebody who has never been around you before. The chances of walking up to a stranger and walking away with a number is less than if you were to just talk to them first.

HOWEVER, I am no expert on dating. I've only been on one date. It went alright, but it was kind of awkward.
 
Misunderstanding

Based on my PMs there seems to be a misunderstanding.

I'm not talking about flirting with men. I'm talking about hitting on men. For example, telling men what you like about them directly. It isn't body language, cues or giving hints to hope they do something. That's the waiting to be approached way. This would be more direct.
 
Getting a number wouldn't be a goal. This is just about hitting on men.

It has everything to do with it. You're going up to somebody who has never been around you before. The chances of walking up to a stranger and walking away with a number is less than if you were to just talk to them first.

HOWEVER, I am no expert on dating. I've only been on one date. It went alright, but it was kind of awkward.
 
It's sounding like it would be strange to just hit on a man without some random conversation beforehand.

But I reserve random conversation for friends and potential friends.

So...it's better to hit on a man by becoming their friend first?Wouldn't it just be better to be their friend at that point. It seems a bit drawn out.
 
Approached

I read some threads where men commented that it shouldn't always be the man approaching.

However, these responses are making me think otherwise.
 
I'm still looking for answers or stories from people on this topic. I guess the responses are interesting so far.

I assumed men would want to be approached the same way they approach women. However, seems like I was wrong. It seems like they wouldn't like complete stranger hitting on them or giving them catcalls.

Or...maybe those men are just hiding.


Okay, so I'll play by your rules.

Maybe.

There. Happy?
 
If a woman is interested in a man she drags him home. Its what the smart girls do.

I met my wife in a Laundromat 43 years ago. I was minding my business, and we were there alone. She simply walked up, sat atop my washer, and told me to put my book away.
 
I wonder, Greengamegirl, how many times have men hit on you in this fashion? Were they successful?
What would a man need to say to convince you they were hitting on you and not just making conversation?
 
greengamegirl, I know you're a fellow geek. I don't really hit on men much anymore, but used to all the time. I did it with my eyes and sometimes with my body movements and that was enough.

Nowadays I hit guys up in the bookstore when they're looking through books like the Hobbit or Game of Thrones. But they don't respond like the guys from college, all we do is get into a deep conversation... about the book!

I always seem to drag the conversation to gaming when I do talk to guys. My only recent exposures beside book stores is with my massage therapist, both guys and girls and we only have 90 minutes to talk, and it's all about games. I get little messages on their cards, "drink plenty of water, stretch before and after exercise, and tell me when you play league of legends!"

I also hit on guys at a gaming convention but since it was at a hotel, I got in over my head.
 
I guess what I'm trying to say is... I fail at hitting on men, at least lately. I am not overt enough. But when I did have the courage to hit on men, it lead to sex that very day.
 
We are talking about men here, honestly all you have to do is go up to a guy bat your eyes at him and go hello. If he thinks you are cute he will smile, say hello back and probably mention something he likes about you.

Granted that is in a bar, guys go to a bar or club to drink, and hit on women to hopefully take her someplace private and try to fuck her brains out. You will get the same reaction in a gaming convention and so forth because of the cosplayer contests, most of the women doing those wear as little as possible.

If you want to find a Mr. Right Now, simply go up to a guy and say hello would you like to go someplace private? Unless the guy has no idea how to talk to women, like Chris, he will say yes, or no, and then take you someplace private for sex. I don't mention walking away because unless he is a relative and knows it, you will score. Married men are iffy so if you see a ring don't ask, otherwise you are scoring.

That is called being direct, leaves no uncertainty since you practically said you are a stud fuck me now. Even if the guy isn't sure that is what you want he will take you someplace private and you can take your clothes off. Take a really stupid guy to not understand at that point and if he doesn't, put your clothes back on and try again. :rolleyes:
 
I'm a man who loves it when women hit on me. It doesn't happen enough. If someone finds me interesting enough to make a pass, I'm flattered, no matter what. I'm currently in a happy committed relationship and won't act, but I still really appreciate the attention and will be nice.
 
If you show him your tits and he runs off, he isn't interested. If he leans in to nibble on them, he is.
 
Yeah, I've been hit on a few times...

From insultingly overt power tripping women to crazy drunk lunatics.

What really torks me off is when I am with a woman and some woman picks a moment when my "Date" is not around to hit on me. WTF, I'm the same guy I was before I became involved!:confused:

I remember one crazy woman I met, when ever I would walk in this certain Night club she would intercept me before I could get to the bar and sex me up!:D Kissing, body grope and hug combo, say HI...then turn around and stroll off. Finally I informed her that she was going to have to either give me some or knock it off...turned out to be a kinky little bitch!:cool:

One woman tried grilling me about my Home,Land & Income while she was rubbing herself all over my croutch after she yanked me out onto the dance floor...I was talking to my sister at the time. I,mean REALLY?.

Then for awhile I had this cute Indian chick,when drunk or high, that would do the next thing to having sex with me suddenly and without any warning...when she was sober she barley knew who I was!:eek:

Hell...just ask with a smile during some conversation using plain English work pretty damned good!;)
 
Back
Top