A mortal in the Band (Closed)

They ran through the songs and though he managed to get the base line in, it placed a huge strain on him, that meant that while the two of them performed like gods, he managed to make it for only a few hours, before he stumbled and found that his hand refused to form the chords right. He sighed and placed the guitar down against a speaker,

"I need a break, my hand is cramped up."
 
Omen nodded.

Take a break not a problem. Few can keep up with her when she gets around music. It's not a problem. You will build up.

He took a break too and tossed him a cold beer.
 
He grabbed the beer and used his keyholder to open it, "Thanks"

He took a swallow, it was quite refreshing. By the way the two of them were going, he knew that it will be a long evening and if they had to take a breather each time his hand cramped up, they might just decide to get another guitarist. He felt rather dejected at that thought and took a swallow of the cold beer.
 
Omen walked over to him. It was clear that Eden had no clue she was the only one playing and singing.

You will get used to her schedule... We all did... That's why there is always hot coffee and cold beer around more for cramping hands than drinking really

He chuckled and sat back watching her play and stretching his hands out.
 
Alex was kind of taken aback by Omen's casual attitude towards him, he knew that he was new and did not expect anything more than mere tolerance, but Omen acted like he was part of the band even though no ink had touched paper. He looked around, "I'd expect there to be managers, assistants, that sort of stuff, but I just need to know, when do I get the papers and stuff to sort out the legal issues?"

He shrugged apologetically, "Sorry, I was just wondering."
 
After rehearsal. Even the business end of this knows its Eden's schedule.

Omen waved his hand understanding fully.
 
He nodded, seems like Eden was way more than just the normal woman she looked like. But then again, was there anybody out there who were exactly like they seemed? He didn't think so.

He finished the beer, got up, found the dustbin and tossed the bottle inside, then he motioned to Omen that he was ready, flexing his hand to get it loose and ready again.
 
Omen nodded and moved back to the drums and began playing again. A couple of people milled around quietly on the outskirts of the room till Eden decided to take a break for the new guy.
 
He was actually surprised when they stopped, sure enough there was some cramping up happening again, but he didn't think that Eden would stop on her own accord. Since he had seen the fridge, he went over, got himself a bottle of water and sank down on the sofa, sticking his legs out and drinking deeply on the cold water.
 
She smiled and watched him for a moment before wandering around talking to people for a bit. The break was however short as she began playing again. Omen moved back to his drums.
 
As brief as the respite was, it helped him a lot, gave him time to get a bit of shut-eye since he did not sleep since the previous evening. Only a few minutes, but the powernap was all that he needed. When Omen and Eden started to drift towards their own instruments, he woke up, got to his feet, drained the water and picked up his guitar. He was starting to learn some of the chords and in time he knew that he would be able to play them by heart, but for now he needed the pages to do his part.
 
They rehearsed till just before sunrise. Eden finally stopping as a suit walked over first to her then to him with paper work questions and a key card.
 
By the time they finally came to a halt, he felt like raw beef. He was ready to just fall into a soft area and sleep. A whole day and night was not working for him, the extra strain of having to keep up with Talon's part as well, had drained him quite quickly and there came the contract. Well he was certain that he could sign off on it, but the lawyer type told him that he could read it over and sign it in the coming week. That left him with a key card and grainy eyes,

"Well if anybody needs me, I'm going to grab a shower and go to sleep. I'm bushed."
 
Eden simply nodded.

Rest well you will get used to our unique hours.

She smiled to him a smile touched of a memory. Omen just nodded to him.

Later and not bad.
 
The shower did not wake him up as they usually did. Instead it only made him feel clean. A quick brush of his teeth and he crashed on the bed, not even bothering to strip out of his clothing. Booted feet handing over the edge of the bed as he dreamt that he was in an internationally famous band.
 
They met briefly with the others some who had issue with a mortal in the sanctuary. Voices bouncing off each other till Omen spoke up.

Tell me how this band does not help each and everyone of you... Each wrongly turned child by Melina's sadistic whim... Every banished soldier... Every family cast to the hunters for going against the corruptor... We lost a brother to all this darkness and what if he does look like him... We know far better than mortals ever will that souls will find each other again so who is to say that it is not him and he has not been returned to Eden?

Everyone fell quiet... Omen had that way about him as they all looked to Eden.

I have seen his mind his energy... He is one of us...and will be treated as such within the confines of him being Mortal. Is that clear? Now we all need rest. Till the moon returns rest well my family.
 
There he was on a stage, playing the guitar like a god. He could hear the screams of fans, he could look down and see them rocking out to the music. The music that he was playing on a guitar that he didn't know. The clothes was different, but the music was well-known to him and so he kept on playing and the crowd kept on cheering, feeding him their energy.

While he slept, his fingers twitched to play the chords and a smile rested on his lips.
 
Eden made her way to check on their mortal brother to make sure he is alright. She really didn't understand why or she didn't want to but she needed to see that he was okay. At first knocking on the door she waited to see if he would wake any.
 
Exhausted as he was, he did not hear the knock, if it did register, it was part of his dream, the rhythm of the song and he just kept on playing, living that childhood dream.
 
She slowly opened the door and looked in seeing him there asleep. Before there was thought her feet had quietly carried her over to him in silence. She shook her head and began helping the overly tired mortal get his boots of and fully onto the bed with a kiss to the forehead to the "third eye" so to speak.
 
Usually he would come awake when the door opened, but he didn't. More so he should have come awake when he was moved and his boots removed but he didn't. Instead he dreamt of a girl, a girl who seemed to know him and he just couldn't place why he didn't really know her.

He slept on, dreaming of a life that was not really his own, but that could easily be
 
She smiled watching him sleep for a moment. Somewhere deep in the depths of her mind she saw someone from a different time but that was overshadowed by the fact that this mortal seemed to so easily be like them. Another kiss faint though it was to his forehead then she left.
 
He woke up with a hunger that needed quenching, he groggily sat up in the bed, for a long moment he looked around, this was not his apartment. He rubbed his hands over his face and the previous day came crashing down on him and he opened his eyes, placing his hands on his cheeks. He needed a trim. But first, he needed food.

He slipped from bed, realized that his boots was not on his feet and looked around for them. After slipping them on, he went to the bathroom to splash some water on to his face and then he headed out of his room, food his quest for the moment.
 
The smell of food led to the massive room they rehearsed in. A grill set up in a room off the side and a few sitting around eating. Having Were creatures in the group helped make it more "normal" looking for a human in their midst.
 
He paused in the doorway, not sure about having all these strangers around, then his stomach rumbled once more and he made his way over to the grill, greeting people as they looked up at him.
 
Back
Top