Avoiding Porn & Masturbation - Channeling Sexuality

HoldYouDown

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 4, 2013
Posts
8,217
Bear with me here. I'm not judging porn or masturbation, nor do I want to start a debate on their merits. Both are fine in moderation.

My "fetish" lately has been in abstaining from them, however. I do believe that too much of either desensitizes us to real-life sexual vibes. Mileage may vary, but I haven't fapped in nearly a week, and my horniness has been an asset day-to-day. I feel like a more masculine, sexual beast when I'm interacting with women, and I seem to be more focused.

As for porn, I use it sparingly. There's such a volume and variety of it, it can rewire your brain if you're not careful. Men especially need to be wary of the fact that they may be viewing so many different females and then beating off - it can create a false "Coolidge Effect" or sense of conquest. In fact I think it's better to look at a few pics or videos but not cum, then go out in your sexualized mood. Porn can be a good addition to your sex life, but don't make it the centerpiece.

The "There's Something About Mary" notion of being relaxed and drained is in my opinion nonsense...better to have that animal edge. I don't have data to back this up, and it could simply be a placebo effect, but that's fine with me. I love when women feel sexual tension around me, and I believe I'm more of a "sexual being" (confident, masculine, more apt to touch someone lightly, look her in the eyes, etc.) when my balls are full and my mind is free. After all, the best sex is heightened with anticipation and tension, and those will be diminished if you've already been satisfied. Goes for women too - I've had women tell me they had to put away the vibrators to avoid a similar desensitization.

Anyone else here feel me? :)
 
I spree with this. I haven't made a decision to limit porn so much as just getting bored with it.
 
I spree with this. I haven't made a decision to limit porn so much as just getting bored with it.

It's hard to find good porn even (especially?) with so much of it available for free. Personally I like the amateur stuff, home videos and what not. But even then I only need a little.

I find the less I jerk off, the less I think about doing it. Last night I was alone at a bar and was approached by a very cute girl and we had a good conversation. I must be emitting some vibes. I didn't close the deal (she got too drunk) but I honestly think my "edge" had something to do with my confidence.
 
Back
Top