The Official Authors' Hangout April Fool's 2019 Contest Support Thread.

Well I woke up with a headache and a fever this morning so I rolled over and went back to sleep instead of work.

Once I woke up I decided to try writing a story on my phone and enter it in the AF contest. Probably won't try phone writing again. I had to do it in 3 parts because the little memo app has a space limit. I emailed the pieces to myself and then ran them through Word. Not too many spelling errors, but the grammar checker wasn't happy in a few places.

I also peeked and my first story scored a sold 3.21 with 5K views. :nana:

Actually quite pleased with that. I was guessing it would be under 2.00. :D

Thanks to everybody who puts these contests together. They are a nice diversion.

James
 
anyone know how long non-contest stories are taking to publish please? Mine from the fourth is still pending.
 
anyone know how long non-contest stories are taking to publish please? Mine from the fourth is still pending.

My last couple took two days. Mine rarely go more than two days, almost never more than three.
 
My last couple took two days. Mine rarely go more than two days, almost never more than three.

Thanks, mine have popped up quite quickly in the past too. I wasn't sure if it would be longer with a contest on, but there haven't been that many new entries in the last couple of days. I can't remember what time of day I uploaded the story - I think it was quite late. Kicking myself that I didn't do it earlier as it's likely to suffer the weekend lull now (it's still grey PENDING).
 
Anon doesn't like my entry:

Not in any way ROMANCE!!!!! What a load of garbage!!!! 1* for the wrong category
 
Anon doesn't like my entry:

Not in any way ROMANCE!!!!! What a load of garbage!!!! 1* for the wrong category

Anon has a very busy life telling everyone what they think! I wonder when they find the time to wack off to everything they read :rolleyes:

On a more positive note I have over 80 comments, the vast majority of them telling me....they love the two stories. Sniff sniff, it almost makes a writer feel....... :heart:

And get this. They're in Loving Wives!!! Apparently it is possible to get a positive response out of that crowd. Who'd a thunk it?
 
Almost sat this one out, but an idea came to me last week. Two very long days of writing paid off!
 
There's still ten days to post your story, counting today. So far it looks like a fairly intimate affair.
 
OK. Made a proper start on my story tonight. Well, I've written 1,800 words including the ending. Just need to do a lot of middle.

I haven't decided whether it's Loving Wives, Horror, or Non-Erotic yet. I suspect it's the former. :eek::D
 
Raising my glass to salute all of you who are writing for this one. I'm terrible at developing plots with tricks, mysteries and pranks, and greatly admire those who can.

Well done, y'all!
Van
 
I've a few days left in which to do SOMETHING. Best I can think of now is plagiarizing historical pranksters. Like when a young Virginia Woolf played as an Abyssinian sheik for the Royal Navy. THAT episode surely had some strange kinks.
 
Mine (which you can find here) is getting a lot of tepid feedback - looks like I blew it with the ending. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say I thought the ending would point things clearly in the direction of what will happen immediately afterward, but it looks like a lot of people either didn't get it or found that unsatisfactory. Duly noted for next time: don't try being subtle!
 
Think I'm going to give up on this one for now - not feeling it & Laurel may reject it first off.
Boo.:(
 
Mine's up now as well! An oddly slow start this time though. Kind of wondering how people will react to the cake-farting :D
 
Hi everyone! I know I'm really late. Are entries still being accepted? Where can I find Laurel's post with what to put in the notes section of the submission?
 
Back
Top