Why do you cry?

latecomer91364

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 4, 2011
Posts
5,161
Yeah, not the most trivial, happy post by a very long shot. I will not be surprised if nobody contributes.

I seldom cry for sadness, albeit a sudden passing will certainly override that notion. I've certainly cried over lost loves.

I consistently 'cry for happy'. It's odd, the difference in the quality of, or the foundation for, tears. For me, the causes for tears lie between the sad and the life-affirming. When the underdog wins, I cry. When people are shown to be good, I cry. I'll cry when I see people realize their dreams. When a child drops an ice cream cone and cries, I'm sad but okay, until someone gives the child a new cone which restores their smile, at which point, just give me a freaking Kleenex. Hell, I cry at the last scene of 'The Great Escape'.

I just watched 'Hacksaw Ridge' and cried profusely at the end of it - that the hero was finally understood and acknowledged. Maybe I'm just a cry-baby.

But enough about me...

Why do you cry?
 
Films will do it. Especially animal ones. Although I blubbed through the last few episodes of Sons of Anarchy pretty much constantly.

I have a little cry now and then when I'm missing my Dad, and bawl hysterically if anything happens to the cats. Phil used to invoke tears out of anger and utter frustration at times but those days are gone.

I used to cry on here when killswitch flirted in Iso but those days are gone also.
 
I cry at loss.

I've lost a lot lately.

I've cried a bit.
 
I'm the happy heartfelt moment crier. Whether it's a commercial, TV show or events in real life with my friends.

When I sad cry it's not really pleasant. I try to avoid it. Sometimes it cannot be. Depending on the level of grief it can range from minor whimpers to full on keening.
 
Well that's an interesting topic. Use to be the case that music, films and even poetry could reduce me to a quivering wreck. Tears falling like rain. But ever since a fateful day upon an ice glacier I have not shed one tear, even if Lassie got squished by dumper truck or the Care Bears stopped caring.
 
I've lost two of my dogs to illnesses in the last few months. I have shed a boatload of tears for them and for the animals affected by Hurricane Harvey. I cry more over animals than people.
 
Certain books, stories and songs can make me cry rather easily. Defiantly losing someone close to me, or even if they are hurting. If we're taking and you are crying, I bound to tear up as well.
 
A partner once gave my breasts a rigorous, playful jiggle during intercourse that felt so unusual and unexpected to me, I cried instantly. While he was on top of me. Inside me. Watching me.

I was mortified. He was naturally concerned. We took a break to talk it out, had some frozen yogurt, then carried-on with the shenanigans.

It was a learning experience. There I was feeling overly exposed, and worried about the size and shape of my breasts; meanwhile he loved them and just wanted to play with them. He was a good partner for me in that way. He enjoyed my body and the way he touched me made me like it more, too. It was healing.
 
Another time, an online friend (who I never met in real life) sent me a voice recording of a Rumi poem. I saved it to listen to at bedtime, because I wanted to masturbate to it. The combination of his voice, those words, on that day, brought me to tears. I listened to it again and again; and I cried, and I came. I felt like the loneliest girl in the world that night.
 
I cry in movies, I cry in TV ads. Some live music experiences - Damien Rice for example.

I cry when my daughter struggles at school, of course I wait until she's not around but it's really difficult to watch your children struggle and be unable to fix it or even help them fix it.

I cry if I think I have hurt someone I love, I sometimes cry in Church.

I cry a lot. Fucks sake, I should harden up.

I adore Damien Rice.

I hate crying. I'm not one of those pretty criers so I try my damnedest not to do it. It's mostly done out of frustration or anger anymore. Sadness I've grown used to.
 
I cry sometimes after I spend time with my mother, who has dementia. When the parental roles are reversed, when I see her struggle for words, memories. When I see her smile at the smallest kindness.
 
Denny

I'm a man. Men don't cry.
In the past I don't really remember crying, even when in pain.
The past few years we've lost loved ones and I cried.
When I found I had prostate cancer I cried. Not for me, for my wife with short term dementia. I cried thinking of her alone without me to get her meds and watch over her. She has done well with her illness but we've lost others with dementia and I konw what may happen.
Yes lately I've cried. Still I'm a man.
But I didn't cry when Lassie died! It was those darned onions.

Quietly I saw your post as I posted this. Stay strong. Your mother needs you.
 
I used to be very emotional and cried over tv shows, commercials stupid ass reality shows, and then I had my uterus ripped out and I do not cry as often over things that are not close to my heart. Loss makes me cry. People I love being hurt, makes me cry. My daughter's latest medical crap has made me cry.
 
Crap. Crying right now because I am trying to explain the beneficial effects of pot on my daughters bi~polar, ADHD, personality to a person who is anti drug. IT IS A FUCKING NATURAL THING and should be seen as such. She stops she is a freakin basket case that has to call me constantly so I can talk her down from her extreme mood swings, you know, the ones when she was in high school the dr's called asthma? funny how the inhaler never worked but she called her momma and I talked her down every time...

sorry, done.
 
I'm a man. Men don't cry.
In the past I don't really remember crying, even when in pain.
The past few years we've lost loved ones and I cried.
When I found I had prostate cancer I cried. Not for me, for my wife with short term dementia. I cried thinking of her alone without me to get her meds and watch over her. She has done well with her illness but we've lost others with dementia and I konw what may happen.
Yes lately I've cried. Still I'm a man.
But I didn't cry when Lassie died! It was those darned onions.

Quietly I saw your post as I posted this. Stay strong. Your mother needs you.

Men cry. My father was a real man. The first and only time i saw him cry? Was when my daughter was born and we, as a family, had decided at 16, my age, not hers and there is a story there I am not sharing here, she should be adopted by an anonymous family... That didn't happen...She is my one and only child and I could not be happier that when I saw my dad cry, my mind was changed forever.
 
Men cry. My father was a real man. The first and only time i saw him cry? Was when my daughter was born and we, as a family, had decided at 16, my age, not hers and there is a story there I am not sharing here, she should be adopted by an anonymous family... That didn't happen...She is my one and only child and I could not be happier that when I saw my dad cry, my mind was changed forever.

{Hug!}
 
I cry without crying. The tears will fall, but I don't get all sob-y and hiccup-y.
I never cry in front of anyone. It's a private thing for me.
That said, the only things that make me cry are losing loved ones either animal or human.
I have become very even-tempered emotionally over the years..... not sure why.
 
Anymore I don't. I've been through too much loss and frustration and pain.

Now the only thing that usually can make me cry is raw physical pain from either being sick or injured.

If something does make me cry it has to be pretty major and It is more likely to be caused by frustration than anything else.
 
I cry easily, and I always hated it.
I cry after sad movies, touching movies, after hearing or reading touching stories, after finishing a good book, whenever a movie/book character I really liked dies or gets gravely injured, after the death of an animal, sometimes just at random times. I get sad, feel teary, and cry, and have no idea whats going on. Other days I just can't seem to get anything right, which makes me cry, too.
Then there's the other kind of crying, which mostly occurs during and after an argument that got out of control or after something extremely hurtful. I'm angry, furious even, frustrated, desperate, humiliated, and boil down to being a glob of tears, hiccups, snot and wailing.
So, yeah, I cry alot, and if there's something I could change about me, it would be this.
 
sometimes i cry for other people
sometimes i cry for myself

medication curtails it quite a bit.
 
Back
Top