Anyone else having issues getting the new Control Panel to load?

Neither the old nor new control panels will load right now. I have zero access there. They've been spinning for several minutes and my disk activity is high. Is today's transitional CP data downloading and paging forever?

Try ctrl-F5.

Try ctrl-F5.

Is that how you clear your cache? Occasionally there's a suggestion to clear your cache and I think, oh good, yet another instance of someone assuming you knew what ungiven steps 1 through 4 were.

Is that how you clear your cache? Occasionally there's a suggestion to clear your cache and I think, oh good, yet another instance of someone assuming you knew what ungiven steps 1 through 4 were.

It is supposed to reload the page without using any cached content.

It is supposed to reload the page without using any cached content.

And the beat goes on. I have no idea what that means in terms of my question. But, that's OK. Thanks for responding.

And the beat goes on. I have no idea what that means in terms of my question. But, that's OK. Thanks for responding.

What it means, is no, it doesn't clear the cache. In my version of Firefox, to clear the cache you go to preferences->privacy&security->clear data , check the box to clear the cache and click on "clear." Other browsers will work differently.

Ctrl-F5 is supposed to reload the page without using data in the cache, and in doing so probably updates the cache with new data.

I don't know why Ctrl-F5 works, and I didn't need to do it at any point today, but someone else did it and it helped them.

Ctrl-F5 does reload the CP pages but the old CP is no longer an option -- that's how I viewed my works activity, the (un)faves, (un)follows, and comments. I can't see all that on one page now. Bother.

What it means, is no, it doesn't clear the cache. In my version of Firefox, to clear the cache you go to preferences->privacy&security->clear data , check the box to clear the cache and click on "clear." Other browsers will work differently.

Ctrl-F5 is supposed to reload the page without using data in the cache, and in doing so probably updates the cache with new data.

I don't know why Ctrl-F5 works, and I didn't need to do it at any point today, but someone else did it and it helped them.

Warning: tired-brain-end-of-day-geek-blather follows:

For what it's worth, the way I usually see this solved is that the scripts connected to the web page would have a hash of their file contents incorporated into the file name (/some/path/my-script.237e1d10.js).

The source of the web page would always reference the most current revision of the scripts, such that when the page is refreshed, it will bust the browser cache to always fetch the updated revision of the scripts (due to unique file names via this hash).

This ensures that a web page and its resources never go out of sync with one another.

I'm making assumptions about what the underlying issue is here but maybe that will make sense to someone, somewhere.

Do you mean in the Activity Feed? If you click the Story Title, it should link to the comment board for that story.

Are you asking if there is a direct link to each comment or is there some other link that would make it easier for you?

Thank you.

Oh, you're right!

When I click on the link to the story title, it takes me directly to the comment section.

Request: Do you think there will be a refresh button for individual stories? Because right now, if I want the latest updates on a new story, I have to refresh the whole thing and it takes a while.

thank you

Last edited:
There are two ways to get to comments.

The first is clicking on the story title in Activity feed.

The other is the blue comment symbol in you works page.

The first lets you go to the comment section of the story.

The second let you moderate comments on the story.

Question?

Why isn't the favorite activity under all activity?

Everything else is there.

Question?

Why isn't the favorite activity under all activity?

Everything else is there.
Expanding on that: I would very much like one compact page displaying all relevant activity to my catalog, the (un)faves, (un)follows, and comments. Is that so hard, Manu?

Expanding on that: I would very much like one compact page displaying all relevant activity to my catalog, the (un)faves, (un)follows, and comments. Is that so hard, Manu?

Lightening flashes in the distance and the distinct sound of thunder rumbles ominously as the user community cowers in the inkyblack shadows out of sight...

To complicate things, I couldn't care less about the un's.

my control panel doesn't load either, and for me the ctr f5 doesn't work. Don't know if my laptop's slow or it being a Mac is an issue.

Once I've logged in, I click on my name and then it looks like it's loading but never does.. Nothing. Been trying if for several hours.

To complicate things, I couldn't care less about the un's.
They're a reality check. Also funny, as when a story is faved, unfaved, and then faved again; or unfaved twice in a row. I'm happy to see many faves and few unfaves -- that means they're not just bookmarks.

And yes, the new CP is s-l-o-w. Woe.

my control panel doesn't load either, and for me the ctr f5 doesn't work. Don't know if my laptop's slow or it being a Mac is an issue.

Once I've logged in, I click on my name and then it looks like it's loading but never does.. Nothing. Been trying if for several hours.

Ctrl-F5 is a windows/linux thing.

This wikipedia article describes what you're doing and gives detailed instructions for different systems and browsers, including on a Mac.

Back