The Isolated Blurt Thread XLII : Saint Peter is a douchebag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all in for Thanksgiving - have hosted the family for years. Decoration is minimal, but I start kitchen preparation as early as Monday and go all out on the food front.

I've grown completely indifferent to Christmas and its decor. We travel to visit family for Christmas briefly, so whatever fall/winter adjustments that are made at home for Thanksgiving are up for the season.

I hadn't thought about the Native American perspective on Thanksgiving - but I love it because it's non-religious and celebrates gratefulness and getting together with people you care about. I gather its history may have a few more wrinkles, but that's what it means to me.
 
God damn. It’s been a brilliant day in the kitchen! Sweet potato (and butternut squash) pie with a brown sugar crumble and marshmallow fluff brûléed on top. Chili relleno casserole. Banana bread. Lattes and more lattes and even our version of the mocha frap for the boy child.

All the Halloween decorations are put away and we are ready to Christmas the hell out of this house.

Pumpkin.

Fuck, woman.
 
Please post a detailed, numbered post of everything that has happened here since August. Tia.
 
Please tell you didn't gnaw on a turkey leg.

Nah. But I saw some guy going all Henry the VII on one. :eek:

And people eating pickles on a stick. WTF?!? Weird.

I did buy one of those head piece thingies though. I couldn't quite resist. And it matched my blouse. :D
 
I had a pork rind for the first time in my life today.


It was the greatest thing ever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top