RIP Rockford

StrangeLife

Eater of beef
Just noticed that James Garner kicked the proverbial bucket last Saturday and is now racing his gold-metallic Firebird and cracking fast one-liners in the big beyond.

646x404.jpg

I guess this means certain cancellation of The Rockford Files. Too bad - I always liked that show... :(

Yes, that was a sad announcement today. (And Elaine Stritch yesterday, alas.) The world it is a changing.

He had a laconic delivery which always made me smile.
Remember Space Cowboys ?

Ah, Rockford. And that car! Listen. Music by Post & Carpenter, I think.

But let's not forget Maverick, which always made me smile. Listen.

I was a big "Rockfish" fan as well. Enjoyed his other work as well.

It is rare for me to feel this way when a celebrity dies, but Garner's passing is making me feel all to mortal.

RIP

I really enjoyed him in Support Your Local Gunfighter and Support Your Local Sheriff along with the Rockford Files and Maverick. I grew up watching him as Maverick in the '60s.

He will be missed.

It was sad news, but he left behind a great career. Grew up watching him and still enjoyed his latest works. My all time favorite has to be Move Over Darling...awesome old movie, check it out ;)

It was sad news, but he left behind a great career. Grew up watching him and still enjoyed his latest works. My all time favorite has to be Move Over Darling...awesome old movie, check it out ;)

I'd forgotten that one.

What about "Cash McCall" ?

Last edited:
I loved Rockford files, and Victor Victoria, and The Pink Jungle, and Grand Prix and dozens of others. I even liked the commercials he was in.

I'll miss him. I bet my wife suggests we watch our Victor Victoria DVD within the next week. If she doesn't I will.

I bet TCM puts on a day of James Garner films.

I loved Rockford files, and Victor Victoria, and The Pink Jungle, and Grand Prix and dozens of others. I even liked the commercials he was in.

I'll miss him. I bet my wife suggests we watch our Victor Victoria DVD within the next week. If she doesn't I will.

I bet TCM puts on a day of James Garner films.

Would you be kind enough to put them on disks for me #?

...I bet TCM puts on a day of James Garner films.

July 28th TCM is having a James Garner marathon to celebrate his life and career.

As much as I loved his TV shows and movies (especially the character he played with Donald Pleasance in The Great Escape), the thing I will always remember him for is those classic Polaroid commercials he did with Mariette Hartley.

July 28th TCM is having a James Garner marathon to celebrate his life and career.
...., the thing I will always remember him for is those classic Polaroid commercials he did with Mariette Hartley.

I loved those commercials. I couldn't remember the product, just he and Mariette Hartley.

Would you be kind enough to put them on disks for me #?

I wish I could. Back in the days of VHS I would put them on tapes, but now I only have a DVD player, no recording, except the Dish DVR, which is a little bulky to mail.

Or you can fire up your BitTorrent client. Disks are so last decade... :)

Thanks for the suggestion.
Sadly, We still use Disks; they are lighter and can be played almost anywhere.
A computer is so difficult, these days, as a decent picture display.
Give my a TV every time.

PS. I got 'Site Blocked'; there seems to be some sort of problem.

Back