Question of the day - What do you like/go after more? (for women)

Am I in the land of strange comments and failure to read? And I'm qute surprised coming from serene...

I asked for peoples oppinions... and there for couldn not have expected people to agree with me - I just wanted to know what they thought.

The only time I got upset was to be called sexist out of the blue, and again at this. I don't get it.

I'm not generalizing, I'm not painting all women with the same brush, I'm asking why certian people act a way, and how others act in a similiar situation. And all of a sudden I'm a horrible and evil person, especially when I defend myself. Wow.... Ummmm....

I know you to be a decent man in our interactions, which is why I am surprised at your behavior towards Wynter.
 
I think that there are a couple of different reasons why we are attracted to money. In general, women are attracted to men who can provide. What they provide is different woman to woman but few women are going to be turned on immediately by a burger flipper. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's harder to catch the eye of a good woman if you lack ambition. And I think that's the root of it. Ambition. Drive. You don't have to be the most attractive guy in the room but if you're wearing a flashy watch or throwing money around in a subtle way then it's not the money specifically that's attractive but the assumptions that can be made on your personality because you have those things.

Is this making sense?

I can only speak for myself but I usually assume that a man who appears to be comfortable financially is also comfortable in bed. I know that it's not always true and I'm not talking about pompous, arrogant men. I'm saying that it requires someone to take risks and put themself out there to get to a comfortable position financially and that makes me think that they are willing to take risks in bed and that's attractive.

Several people have mentioned young women who are interested in a guy because his bus pass is painted gold (that's a funny story KS) or makes a goal of getting all her drinks paid for in that night but that's different to me. We're talking about two different things. One is appreciation for the guy and one is manipulating the guy. Very different. In my eyes.


How often would girls here be interested in me if, instead of my usual post about being a nice guy and what not, I just said: Hey, I'm hung, and unless I'm REALLY stupid, I'll never have to work for the rest of my life, nor will my kids, or grand kids?

Seriously, I'm wondering.


Girls will be interested because you're buying their drinks and they're hoping for a recreation of Pretty Woman. Women are interested because they're interested in a guy who is just as smart, just as ambitious, just as articulate and wonderful as they are. It's up to you to weed out the girls from the women.
 
Meteorologists predict the hottest year on record.

:cool:

You would be the perfect guy to get this started, especially since you have a nice flagpole, if the flagpole you posted on the GB was actually yours that is. :) I think a GB calendar is a great idea, but I can imagine how shy the guys are so this is just a nice thought. :)
 
You would be the perfect guy to get this started, especially since you have a nice flagpole, if the flagpole you posted on the GB was actually yours that is. :) I think a GB calendar is a great idea, but I can imagine how shy the guys are so this is just a nice thought. :)

Most of the men on the GB are more suited to a pocket calendar, I'm afraid.
 
Forgive me for jumping in here but I just wanted to point out a couple things that might have been overlooked in this conversation.

From what I understand, the fact that women are generally attracted to wealth and status comes from a biological urge. It's a survival instinct that ensures a woman can take care of her family and therefore the continuation of the human race. Wealth and status, in this sense, transfers to a sense of security that means 'this man can take care of my children.'' It's exactly the same as a man's biological urge/attraction to a young female because she can carry his genes and pass them on to the next generation. It takes a more mature, self-aware woman to be able to look beyond this instinct, which may be why it seems to be more common amoung younger women.

So maybe a little more compassion is in order here? I'm not trying to excuse superficial behavior or say that it doesn't exist, but just as we don't demonize a man for the almost uncontrollable urge to turn his head when a beautiful woman passes by (especially when she's displaying her assets) we could perhaps give the same understanding to a woman who is suddenly more interested in a man based on his wealth (especially when he is displaying those assets.).

Secondly, wealth and confidence usually coincide. Everyone, both male and female, is attracted to confidence and there is nothing wrong with that. Same goes with things that are generally regarded as 'good' or acceptable by society, such as a larger cock. Doesn't mean it IS or IS NOT good in and of itself, but the fact that it is regarded as such can be a boost to the confidence of the person that possesses it. And when you feel more confident, or sexy, or what-have-you, other people can feel it and are attracted to it. Similar to what happens when I put on a pair of heels - suddenly I feel more sexy and confident, and when I go out into the world I am projecting that image of myself based on the way that I feel. I then go on to have experiences that confirm this, such as more attention from men, sales clerks that are overly helpful, etc. The heels don't make me sexy, but its a boost to my confidence that changes my behavior and the way others respond to me. For a guy, maybe it's a car that makes you feel sexy. Following the same line of thinking, just having that car would make you feel more sexy, act more sexy, and attract those types of experiences to yourself.

Anyway that's what I though about the whole thing..
Quoting for good measure. :rolleyes:
 
my take

Lots of narrative here, let's just boil it down. Only a very few guys can attract women based on their looks. Most of us have to work harder. The easiest way is to possess power, not necessarily by having money although money helps. Another surefire way to attract women is to have the ability to make them laugh. After you've attracted them, being a nice guy goes a long way toward keeping them.
 
Lots of narrative here, let's just boil it down. Only a very few guys can attract women based on their looks. Most of us have to work harder. The easiest way is to possess power, not necessarily by having money although money helps. Another surefire way to attract women is to have the ability to make them laugh. After you've attracted them, being a nice guy goes a long way toward keeping them.

Well said. And this can be turned around for women as well.
 
Big head nods here. Thanks KC. That's put a lot more eloquently than I'm capable of.
 
I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences trying to meet women and that you're now thinking the only women interested in you for two things. I don't mean to sound like a cliche but don't give up, just keep plugging away at it as not all women will be interested in you for these two reasons. We're all different (sorry another cliche) and you just haven't met what I'd call a normal person.

Women have the same trouble too ie meeting men who aren't interested in specific things about us. Being a woman with long legs and a great pair of breasts you'll tend to attract a certain kind of guy who's only interested in one thing etc. We all have to deal with other people's often shallow perceptions, wants and needs. Keep on til you find someone as she's out there for you.

That is awfully well written !!!
 
Some people are always going to be superficial, big cock and money is what they want and they're going to try and get it. It's not what I'm especially after, but I can respect other people who do if they don't hide it and make sure no one's set up to be hurt.

I wonder though, you describe yourself as hung and rich essentially, tall with average appearance. What would you rate yourself, honestly, on the attractiveness scale? What do you go for when going after women? In terms of number out of 10, and character features?

Notwithstanding your personality, which can't be adequately assessed by us strangers anyway, do you feel like maybe your financial standing and size of your package should afford you better choices in the dating department?
I mean, we can see from your posts you're into Asian girls, but most people tend to stay within their own sphere of types. Did you ever date an average looking girl with little money and out-outstanding figure? Or have our partners been pretty much good-looking dolled up rich girls with great hair and lots of opportunity afforded by their station in life? Just, if you're disappointed with people who like you for such superficial things, could you yourself also want people for unsuperficial things yourself?

It might to too much to ask for, an honest inspection...

I don't know, I'm just thinking and asking, because a lot of guys who label themselves nice complain about girls after money, big dick, height, x, y, and z; but won't touch girls who don't fulfil their own equally superficial or self-serving set of criteria.
 
Hey all.... this thread just keeps turning up like a bad penny (well... seriously... that phrase is like a 'Wooden Nickle' - who has ever seen either?). So, I kind of had two options...
I could delete my posts... which would feel a bit like running away.
Or I could try one more time to get my point across...
The danger in that is... people might start getting the wrong impression again. Honestly, I've never been more misunderstood in my life. And while I have been insulted to my face before... I can honestly say, some of the things said here were the most hurtful (Conservative/Republican... seriously? Gloves up, aim above the belt... consider this my 5 minute rest for a low-blow).

But... considering some of the things that still get tossed my way... I'd try and explain my side, one more time:

This is actually my response from a PM I was just sent:

And, one of the reasons I let that (this) thread die, was because there was a lot of misunderstanding and... well people just weren't reading it properly.

I was wondering why a lot of women (particularly in the bar/club scene... but in other places) were willing to bypass the things that should be important (compatibility, attraction, romance, humour, etc) - because the targeted mate has either a big bank roll or a big... appendage...

I think there is a difference about being concerned with having a partner that, on top of being compatible, making you laugh, and has the ability to meaningfully contribute to the family funds and even pamper/take care of their partner from time to time (though, truth be told, it's a nice two way street - sometimes a man likes to come home and find that his partner is going to treat him/pamper him). (To continue on that.... it's not just come home... sort of meant that as a general phrase, not a literal one... It's nice to find your partner wants to pamper you for a bit, take you out to dinner, planed a hotel or massage or something).

It's not just women who like to be secure and taken care of. Everyone wants that sense of security, and the ability to provide it for their whole family.



Thinking about it though... there are a lot of guys in... similar situations. Very lucky guys with devoted girlfriends who ignore them for games, virtual worlds, anything like that. Or guys who ignore any sort of girl who isn't Hollywood gorgeous (which... I think is... well a bad standard to say the least... lets save that argument for another time).

The question, I guess it boils down to is: Why do people give up on the things that matter and go for superficial things? "I don't care what he looks like as long as he has money." "I could care less if I can talk to her, as long as she's over a Dcup". Etc
 
Back
Top