What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OBAMA ECONOMY: Workers Raiding Retirement Funds To Pay Current Bills. Just like the federal government!

Federal Welfare Spending To Skyrocket 80 Percent In Next Decade…

9FE1409D-1010-46B0-B8F7-41670CAA3A98.preview-550x374.jpg

Totally sustainable, nothing to worry about.

Via Weekly Standard:

“This chart displays projected federal spending on federal welfare programs over the next ten years, based on data from the Congressional Research Service and Congressional Budget Office,” the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee explains. “These figures do not count state contributions to federal welfare programs (primarily on low-income health assistance) which brought total welfare spending in FY2011 to more than $1 trillion – dwarfing any other budget item including Medicare and Social Security, and totaling enough to mail every household in poverty a check for 60k each year.”

As for the bad news: it was all in the Empires State Manfuacturing Index which missed expectations big, and in fact posted a decline from the abysmal November miss, revised to -7.30, and now down to -7.78, the sixth negative print in a row, on expectations of an unchanged print. This was the 5th miss in the series in the last 6 reports, the worst miss in 4 months, and the lowest number in 4 months.

BTW, had you decided to READ the PM, I woulda sent you

You woulda bought a stock, and it woulda been up 120% in 8 days and you woulda paid a BUNCHA taxes

But YOU didn't, so you didn't and you wont:)

He likes taxes just not him who's having to pay don't you know that:D

As for the bad news: it was all in the Empires State Manfuacturing Index which missed expectations big, and in fact posted a decline from the abysmal November miss, revised to -7.30, and now down to -7.78, the sixth negative print in a row, on expectations of an unchanged print. This was the 5th miss in the series in the last 6 reports, the worst miss in 4 months, and the lowest number in 4 months.

BTW, had you decided to READ the PM, I woulda sent you

You woulda bought a stock, and it woulda been up 120% in 8 days and you woulda paid a BUNCHA taxes

But YOU didn't, so you didn't and you wont:)

Okay.

So which metric? This one talks about misses but that's not the same as a decline. So you must be talking about a different metric I think.

Okay.

So which metric? This one talks about misses but that's not the same as a decline. So you must be talking about a different metric I think.

IDIOT

FUCKING IDIOT

read it again

and stop pretending

IDIOT

FUCKING IDIOT

read it again

and stop pretending

MORON is busy making a fool out of himself in the wal mart vet thread. :D

IDIOT

FUCKING IDIOT

read it again

and stop pretending

Fine, manufacturing in New York state declined again. But that report you're citing also says that the outlook is on the positive side going forward so you're probably never going to follow up on this particular index.

Last edited:
show me

I'll wait:cool:

Okay.

Outlook Remains Mildly Positive

Indexes for the six-month outlook remained positive and rose slightly, but generally stayed at levels below those seen a year earlier. The future general business conditions index rose four points to 22.4, with 41 percent of respondents expecting conditions to improve in the months ahead and 18 percent expecting conditions to worsen. The future new orders index climbed eight points to 25.1, and the future shipments index inched up to 23.9. Future price indexes declined, but remained well above zero. Although future employment indexes inched lower, they still conveyed an expectation that employment levels and hours worked would increase slightly over the next six months. The capital expenditures index dropped nine points to 4.3, its lowest level since 2009, and the technology spending index edged up to 5.4.

Actually he is crying, they turned him down. :cool:

this is what I don't understand people like him don't understand a company can't justify paying a stock boy 15 dollars an hour or somebody to go in the parking lot and get the buggies and put them back in the store 15 dollars hour to somebody to check you out paying that's not a feasible no way could they stay in business.

Last edited:
this is what I don't understand people like him don't understand a company can't justify paying a stock boy 15 dollars an hour or somebody to go in the parking lot and get the buggies and put them back in the store 15 dollars hour to somebody to check you out paying that's not a feasible no way could they stay in business.

In 2011 with a recession-plagued economy Wal-Mart mad a billion dollars in net profit every 20 days. And that figure appears to have increased by double-digits in 2012. Please describe to me how they would go out of business if they paid their employees a little more money (which many of them would just spend at Wal-Mart).

If 2 million wal-mart employees making $9 per hour got a 20% raise, the cost of which we'll just subtract from net profit for simplicity's sake, that would lower their net annual profit by $5.6 billion to a total of a $10 billion per year.

Do companies that make ten billion dollars annually typically go out of business?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back