West Richland Tavern.

Alexa looked over to the stock room and smiled, before sighing. She and DJ had grown apart, due to the fact that she was now helping run the Tavern. They still met up for training, since she was serious about learning how to at the very least defend herself, but it was rare. She missed that.

Sighing again, she made her way among the patrons, praying Vince and his lackeys wouldn't visit. If they did, and Tess was unavailable, she would have to deal with him. And that could not be pretty. That, and Tess never ate or slept after they visit, which made her frustrated.

Her breath hitched and she whimpered softly against his mouth as she felt herself being lifted up. She gripped his shoulders and used the leverage to rub her hips against his body. The need and the want was overpowering. Eric could almost make her forget her own name.

She pulled back, disconnecting her mouth from his slowly so she could breathe. She hadn't even realized he'd pinned her against the stack of crates.

"I shouldn't, I mean we shouldn't do this right now, "she sighed, "stay tonight? I miss you, I miss us."

Her blue eyes flashed in the low light, she tugged at his shoulders and pressed a light kiss to his neck. She felt dizzy and light headed.

Last edited:
A low groan involuntarily escapes Eric when Tess whimpers as they kiss after being apart. The feel of her body pressing and rubbing her hips against his body always drove him crazy. Tess could make him weak in the knees with ease, the fact was she knew she had that effect on him. The kiss was gradually broken he was breathing heavily, a grin on his lips as she's pinned against something.

''I...understand...you're right this shouldn't be rushed. Yes I'll stay tonight...I miss us too'' Seeing that look in Tess's blue eyes, got the same response in Eric as she lightly kisses his neck. Laying his head back with a sigh, he rests it against the stockroom shelves. He held her close in his arms, letting this moment last as long as it would. Chuckling as he spoke to Tess, his dark eyes were closed enjoying the moment. ''Do I have to put you down yet...?''

She smiled softly, and shook her head before burying her face into the soft spot she loved to lay on between his chest and shoulder. She squeezed him and then relaxed again, before the sudden exhaustion took hold of her. It was always like this, a few minutes of not moving and she felt like if she sat down she might not get back up for awhile. She needed a vacation, but she couldn't leave. They couldn't close down and if she left the place open she'd do nothing but worry and stress the whole time she was gone.

Tess could feel the tears rising up, her throat and chest tightening from trying to hold back. She swallowed with difficulty.

"I should get back to work," she turned away from him and waited for him to release her from his hold.

Eric couldn't help but grin as she smiles, shaking her head burying her face against him. Being squeezed him then relaxed in his arms, he could tell his girl was exhausted. Thinking to himself I'll fix that in the best way I know how.

With her lips this close to his ear, he couldn't miss that she was about to cry. As Tess turns her head away, he ran his fingers through her hair. ''I know Baby.'' Eric gently put her back down slowly, but he didn't let go till she was steady on her feet.

He'd already noticed the weight she'd lost, he would see to it personally that she ate better. ''I'm going to have something to eat soon...you'll join me Tess?'' Tipping her chin up to look into her eyes, she knew when he wouldn't take no for an answer. Loosening his hold around her waist, he tenderly places a kiss to her forehead. ''I love you Tess.'' Stepping to the door Eric slowly opens it for her.

As she put weight back on her feet the dull pain pulsed, slithering up her ankles like fresh venom. It had been steadily getting worse for several days, but she'd been successful at hiding it so far. No one had noticed, not even Eric.

"If it's not too busy, yes," she answered his question and smiled up at him as he held the door.

As soon as she walked out she immediately noticed the line at the door to get in, it's was going to be a crazy night, she just had a feeling. She inhaled deeply and walked back to check on the kitchen and then make her way around the dining room saying hello at each table, flirting with a couple of the guys playing pool, seeing if anyone solicited her services. She didn't take very many clients these days, she was just too busy, but the regulars still had plenty of interest.

Alexa allowed Tess to have time to circulate while she did her rounds. A lot of the people, especially the newcomers, solicited her services, but she always gave half her tips to Tess, just because it was right to do.

"Hey, did you talk to Rex in the kitchen? He said something about wanting to apologize," she said, tossing a strand of blond hair out of her face.

Rex saw Tess pop in and out of the kitchen but he was getting food from the pantry and did not speak with her. He hoped that she'd have a few minutes later because he wanted her to know how much he appreciated her keeping things going, tell her about his school enrollment, and let her know he wouldn't be the ass he had been in the past.

Eric didn't react as his eyes linger on Tess, the natural sways of her hips wasn't there. When someone is in pain the body language reveals it, Eric's physical health studies gave him an eye for these things. But Tess didn't like to let any pain she was in show, she was one tough little cookie that way. For the moment Eric would just hold his tongue, at the right opportunity when they were alone tonight. ''Too busy or not, I'll get a meal into you.''

Eric saw the line at the Tavern's entrance, he just shook his head at how busy it would be. He'd never gotten used to Tess working here, it was little comfort she had fewer clients. Life didn't always go the way one wanted it, but the bright spot in Eric's life was his Tess. Though the long hour schedules were exhausting, along with their time apart his love had stayed strong. He couldn't help but smile despite himself, she was just so sweetly, kind, charming. Eric grins chuckling softly knowing Tess' heart belonged to him, and his belonged to her.

Walking the the end of the bar, Eric seated himself on a stool, spots Alexa and waves smiling. ''Hey lil bit...how have you been girl?'' Running his hand through his as it's a long time habit. Alexa was the youngest of the girls at the Tavern, Eric saw her as the baby sister he never had. ''A double Jack on the rocks please? It's been another rough day.''

"Sure thing, Eric," she said, smiling, quickly making it. "It's college night, you know how that goes," she mentioned, fixing it up and grabbing a glass of water herself. "So how are you?"

''Thanks lil bit.'' Lifting the glass to his lips, he takes a sip savoring it a moment. Lowering the drink halfway, rolling his eyes he slowly shook his head. ''Oh good lord...horny 21 year old's that can't hold their liquor and are on Daddies dime. Oh joy! Digging into his pants pocket, he produces a fiver to drop on the bar. ''I need a vacation...and worried about Tess.''

"You're not the only one. Please, get some food in her tonight, she eats for you," Alexa said, her eyes showing her concern. "And an actual meal. Take her on vacation with you, actually. I can handle the Tavern while she's away."

A noise broke out at the other end of the bar, showing a couple of pretty drunk college men getting into a small tussle. "OI! Stop fighting, or you're getting kicked out! That's the third time I've told you tonight!" she barked.

Rex heard a loud altercation in the tavern and then Alexa yell something. He left the kitchen and spied the source of the noise. He moved over by the two drunks and spoke softly to them.

"Hey guys, chill out. You do not want to lose the privilege of coming to West Richland do you? There are a lot of nice ladies here and good food. Just calm down and split up to different parts of the bar. And I recommend no more drinking, since you might want to save some money and ability for a lady, right?"

Eric set the drink in his down on the bar, propping an elbow resting his chin on a fist. ''Ain't it the truth. I'll put Tess over my shoulder and carry her to a table to eat. If that's what I have to do, believe me I will.'' Seeing the concern in Alexa's sweet face, Eric reaches out a hand to pat hers softly. ''Don't worry Lil bit, she'll definitely be going along with me.

A grin appears on Eric's face. ''I'm sure you could run the Tavern just fine.'' Looking on past Alexa to see what all the commotion was about. She yells out a warning for the third time, as Rex seemed to be trying to reason with rowdy guys. Eric thought about walking over if they kept it up, back in his college days used to be a bouncer. ''Need any help over there Rex? Just yell out if you do!''

Last edited:
Alexa looked gratefully at Rex and then turned back to Eric, filling up another glass and sliding it down to a customer with a smile on her face.

"As long as she gets some food in her, I'll be fine," she said. "So, any word from your brother?" she asked.

"I have this Eric, thanks. Now gentlemen, you really do want to stay in this fine establishment, right? So let's separate and have fun. Maybe you should see if one of the ladies is available."

*watches as the two rowdies stroll away, turns and waves thanks to Eric*

Eric took the hand beneath his chin, giving Rex a lazy two fingered salute. Settling back into his seat, he let out a tired frustrated sigh. ''Yeah...about all I can do is try.'' Rubbing his forehead from the headache he was beginning to get. ''Tess would never agree to a vacation...even though our relationship needs it.'' Lifting the drink before him in hand, with one quick gulp downs it. ''Got anything for a headache Lil bit?'' Feeling as if Tess was slowly drifting away from him, it hurt.

Last edited:
Alexa ducked down and got out Execedrine Migraine for him, and gave him two. "I wish we could close down for a couple days and just kick back and relax, to be honest. I know she's in a lot of pain." She reached over and squeezed his hand. "Don't worry, I'll make sure she gets some downtime with you."

Opening his hand Alexa drops two Excedrin tablets into Eric's palm. ''A lil water in this will...'' Before he could get the words out of his mouth, Alexa had beat him to the punch. ''I can tell she's hurting...has been for months.'' Popping the tablets into his mouth, chasing them with water. ''Tess thinks I can't tell that she's in pain...I can't help watching her she's...just that beautiful.''

Last edited:
"I'm glad she's got someone in her life who's looking out for her like you do," she confessed, smiling. "Me?" she shrugged. "Kind of on my own. As usual."

Thanks...I do my best for my sweet Tess. Looking Alexa in the eyes with a big brotherly squeeze of her hand. ''Trust me there's a guy out in the world...and he's just dreaming of a girl like you Alexa.'' Right at that moment Eric's cell tone of Sweet Tess is heard, holds up a finger then fishes it out of a shirt pocket. ''Hello?...Bro well I'll be damned!''

Grinning Eric plugs an ear with his finger to hear over the music. ''Wolf says to tell you girls hello and he misses ya'll.'' The conversation was a short one as Wolf was on his way here. ''Ain't that the shit...right outta the blue?''

Last edited:
Alexa beamed at the big brother that she had adopted, and got to work, serving out drinks, telling Wolf she can't wait to see him.

''Wolf just gave one of his deep chuckles when you yelled that into my cell...told me to give a big hug to the Princess...?''

She blushed furiously. "He carried me up to bed the night we opened, I was falling asleep on my feet," she murmured.

''The scruffy old Wolf in shining armor huh?'' Eric couldn't help but to chuckle just like his older brother. ''Leave it to him to come up with something like that...the big ol' softy always was a hopeless romantic.''

Back