TSCLT 4.0: Bitchy Malevolent Baby Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from my outing with the kids. We had fun.


I haven't set out to put a hole in leather in eons. I did put some polish on my boots, and then I put an acceptable shine on them. Then I went riding and the shifter made itself known on the top toe of the left boot. And spell checker didn't know "shifter," but it does now.


I may put the bike in the shop for tires when I go in to have my bones fixed. That way, I won't miss it. Much.


Reading for a minute. Monday comes soon . . . .


82UZDMYYDv3zOS2g0tSi4wsMFArKauEPPM8O705x0tCnnP-1nzhLF63RY83JdoUHHhHJbjSlpUBWQB6ffKDH1RaQKXU_Es0aTIml.jpg
 
The caveat to this is, I did this as a kid when I needed to alter existing tack to a different horse. Horses don't mind if the hole is perfectly punched or augured out. If the nail didn't give the desired result, I'd use a pocket knife as a leather augur, then oil it so it didn't look 'too' amateurish. As I said, it works in a pinch, but probably not the look a person would look for if paired with a corporate board room. :)

To late for the corporate boardroom look I'm pairing a corporate boardroom belt with a beat-up pair of Tony Lama gen-ewe-wine cowboy boots with heel spur ridges, a fisherman's shirt ans a cotton, wide-brimmed (fedora?) Just using the belt to keep my Wranglers up over my narrow ass.

I've got a (water buffalo maybe?) Black leather belt with a bunch of coins soldered to it, but it doesnt go with the buff leather of the boots.
 
Well, it is Monday. Happy President's Day. Back before they fell out of favor with the Progressive school of triggering, we used to celebrate their actual birthdays.
Temps are on the rise again. It's almost 60º this morning. Later on I'll get the place opened up and filled with fresh air.
I'm staying home this morning and making myself an omelette.
 
Really windy today with rain/snow forecast for tonight. No complaint there, we need the precipitation.

I remember as a kid we got both Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays off. Oh, and I went to the NOAA site for the forecast and today IS labeled as Washington's birthday, not Presidents Day.
 
Happy Monday. No holiday here. We will get Good Friday. Wat will be stoned on drugs that day.


Mom used to joke about the sales on Birthington's Washday.


Actually, today is the Iwo Jima assault anniversary. I always thing of the old guy I knew who spent the end of his youth on that fucking hunk of rock in the Pacific.


It's going to be a full week, so it needs to be productive.


tumblr_nccwfmQRSg1tljsm0o1_1280.jpg
 
Many did, indeed sacrifice in many ways to end evil. Now our youth spends its time railing at the police who show up to protect them from counter protests. Of course, if the police honored their wishes, who would be squealing the loudest after getting their heads bashed in?
 
I tease the millennials at work, but a couple of them have shown themselves as being good workers. Folks here will work.


Of course, next job won't be here, and then I'll be back to what I'm more accustomed to getting.


Looks like a warm and pleasant week at home, too - between raindrops.


09.jpg
 
She seems to be giving it a go.


So I'm waitig for this warm weather to get blown out by an early March snowstorm.


Just enough to confuse the azaleas.


7b922b2b619c0098f1a57036c5ed3e01.jpg
 
I finally pruned mine last year. They should be bloomfully frisky this year - maybe.


The transplanting didn't happen. Again.


I'd rather have them happy where they are if not moved. Still, I could do better, and they are awfully close to the front porch.


They were so much smaller when I first put them in.


tumblr_nshnpcHFCg1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
They do tend to spread over time. The Azaleas, I mean, even though most of the girls do too.
 
These four I mention are George Tabers. They get to be huge.


I saw a hedge (of sorts) of them once. They were pretty fucking fabulous when they all were blooming.


That was a house we worked on back in '91. With Psycho Alan. He fancied himself some kind of mystic.


His new first name is Farid, so I guess that Allah found him . . . .


328756.jpg
 
Allah works in mysterious ways, then again, there is a phrase about crazy people being touched by the hand of Allah.
I should check for blooming snow crocus this morning. It's about that time of year.
 
I need to plant some bulbs sometime. I keep forgetting to.


I should make a note on the calendar for October to go bulb shopping.


A nice spread of daffodils would really spruce things up.


There should be a rule around here that posts need to make sense. That being said, 90% of posters would get banned. Yes, I wandered out into another few threads, and now a need to soak my head in a bucket of brain bleach.


tumblr_o4ctisRqDD1uk4tgvo1_1280.jpg
 
Dain Brammage??? It makes my head hurt just to think about it.


I wonder what fresh hell today's "holiday" will cause at work.


We'll see, I suppose.


Off to see the weasels . . . .


tumblr_nshnp8Dcdx1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
Yeah, it's about time to whip up some eggs. Just as soon as I find the motivation. Maybe it rolled under the couch.
 
It's a holiday here, I couldn't sleep so I worked anyway. The government jobs are all closed so there were limits on what could be accomplished but at 1 am no one bothers you and you can be very productive.

Yesterday was a foul day for me for a few reasons, so I looked at pictures of baby animals and dogs and kept my miserable to myself. Today is soup in the crockpot and a cherry trifle for later, and my normal breakfast poured straight from the pot.

I plan on avoiding the worst of it if I can today and working in a drama free zone today filled with time-eater work and small projects that need to be finished. I do have Emphasis (my pink aluminum baseball bat) handy if people choose to annoy me.


10389125_707340766037526_3721492110233964899_n.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top