Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have these really pretty nail wraps . . . and no hair dryer to put them on with. :rolleyes:
 
In exactly four hours from now I'll be "released" from work. :cool:

(And then my weekend is about to begin.) :nana:
 
I found a copy of a British Thornton Slide Rule Manual on the 'net.
Just the job, I thought (I have one, but without instructions).
Printing it out in a readable form is proving someone time-consuming, though.

The layout is very compressed and thus confusing, to say nothing of the typeface.
Of about 20 pages, I've made it to somewhere round 6.
It's going to take a while, I fear.
:(

I have a simple slide rule in my Museum collection. I know it has instructions but I won't be able to get to it until early next week. When I find it, I'll try scanning the instructions.
 
I have a simple slide rule in my Museum collection. I know it has instructions but I won't be able to get to it until early next week. When I find it, I'll try scanning the instructions.

Now that, good Sir, would be a real bonus.
Thank you.
 


Not THE BIG ONE.



http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/nc72282711#shakemap

intensity.jpg




 
Last edited:
You come across as reasonably intelligent. And yet, no one likes you. And you can't figure out why...

Could it be cause you are a total ass??? :rolleyes:
 
My new home-brew cable tidy (which hangs over the door), seems to work.
It's rather a surprise.
:rolleyes:
 
Work is done with me driving into Queens for a while, I hope. West New York is my target tomorrow.
 
Today I opened my mini-museum under a gazebo in my back garden. I do it every year as part of our town's festival.

It rained hard all day, and despite reinforcing the gazebo with tarpaulins, it leaked in a couple of places. I had to reduce the quantity of exhibits to those I could keep dry.

I sat there watching the rain from 2 - 5pm. Two women, and two children under four years of age, came for ten minutes. That was the total.

I hope the weather is better tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
Today I opened my mini-museum under a gazebo in my back garden. I do it every year as part of our town's festival.

It rained hard all day, and despite reinforcing the gazebo with tarpaulins, it leaked in a couple of places. I ahd to reduce the quantity of exhibits to those I could keep dry.

I sat there watching the rain from 2 - 5pm. Two women, and two children under four years of age, came for ten minutes. That was the total.

I hope the weather is better tomorrow.


Well done for the support Ogg.
You might know a Bank Holiday is a wet day.
:)
 
Well done for the support Ogg.
You might know a Bank Holiday is a wet day.
:)

Yes, and that is a sore point. Until a few years ago, our festival didn't coincide with the Bank Holiday. The dates were changed by a vote of our District Councillors. The local Councillors were outvoted by Councillors from other towns, just like Scottish MPs voting on laws for England. Grrr!
 
I'm sleepy, it's near midnight, but I can't tear myself away from my laptop. Partly, I suspect, because my wife is out of town 'till Friday evening. I don't like to sleep in an empty house, even if it isn't really empty, there's me, the dog, and a couple of cats. Even so I'm lonely. I even thought about going to Lit chat, but I haven't been able to get on that for more than a year.

"Yawwwnnn."
 
WE had too much rain yesterday, but now we have too much rain with a NE gale. The gazebo that houses my mini-museum is in danger of taking off.

A few years ago, in a Southerly gale, the previous gazebo took off and landed on the beach. It was one of two identical gazebos and I managed to save some of the structure which have been used as spares.

If this one takes off, I'll have to scrap it and use a newer one.

I shouldn't complain. The flying one and the current one are over 15 years old and have seen hard service.

I must give thanks to the inventor of duck tape which holds the remains together. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top