How long does it take to get a story published?

LatinLiz

Virgin
Hi all
I am new to Literotica, so please excuse my ignorance. I had a naughty experience that i wanted to share, so I decided to publish the story on here. I submitted it on Thursday, but it still says it is pending.

Is that normal, or have I don something wrong? Can someone tell me the usual lead time from posting to publication?

Thank you

Liz

Yes, it's normal. I submitted a story on 8/3 and it is also still pending.

The "Pending" will turn grey shortly before it goes up.

There may also be something going on, there have been no new stories in Loving Wives in two days.

[Please do not post competing site names/addresses on the open forum - AH Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, don't click on the Pending marker.

Every time you do, your story goes to the back of the queue.

Hi all
I am new to Literotica, so please excuse my ignorance. I had a naughty experience that i wanted to share, so I decided to publish the story on here. I submitted it on Thursday, but it still says it is pending.

Is that normal, or have I don something wrong? Can someone tell me the usual lead time from posting to publication?

Thank you

Liz

New writers take a couple of days longer than established writers (typically 2 - 3 days once you have a track record) as the stories (allegedly) get tighter vetting of content for compliance with Lit' s fundamental rules (zero sexual activity under eighteen, no bestiality, no non-consent without eventual consent/enjoyment). Also, be aware, when a contest is running, priority is given to contest entries.

24 Days?

I submitted a story on 9/1/2017. It still shows as 'Pending', so it has been 24 days. Is there someone I can ask about this?

The story title is:
A Very Naughty Conversation
A Very Naughty Chat
09/01/2017 in Illustrated Stories

I have seen the previous comments about not clicking on the 'Pending' marker and have not clicked on that.

Thanks.

I submitted a story on 9/1/2017. It still shows as 'Pending', so it has been 24 days. Is there someone I can ask about this?

The story title is:
A Very Naughty Chat

I have seen the previous comments about not clicking on the 'Pending' marker and have not clicked on that.

Thanks.

You can PM (private message, upper right of this page) the site editor, Laurel, with that query. It takes illustrated stories longer than most to post, but not usually this long.

There haven't been many new stories in the past 2-3 days. Happens sometimes, which is usually followed by a lot of releases.

Yes, but something submitted on 1 September is being affected by something other than that.

Something that's been in the queue that long has to be a glitch. It seem to happen here and there since they started rebuilding the infrastructure of the site.

Though illustrated stories are only posted once a week ( Tuesday, I believe ) it still shouldn't cause this kind of a delay.

http://forum.literotica.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=7

That's a direct link to PM Laurel, who handles all the submissions. Let her know what's going on, and she can get it straightened out for you. If I'm right, and Illustrated story day is Tuesday, hopefully she can get it taken care of and released with the next batch.

The story title is:
A Very Naughty Chat

Thanks.

There haven't been many new stories in the past 2-3 days. Happens sometimes, which is usually followed by a lot of releases.

A story I submitted yesterday is marked to post tomorrow, so two days is happening currently.

Resubmitted

Thanks for thoughts and advice.

What I have done today is to resubmit the story. I changed the category from 'Illustrated' to 'Letters and Transcripts' since I think that is a more descriptive category. And I will be sure to keep my cursor off of the 'Pending' button!

A Very Naughty Chat
in Letters & Transcripts Stories

Thanks for thoughts and advice.

What I have done today is to resubmit the story. I changed the category from 'Illustrated' to 'Letters and Transcripts' since I think that is a more descriptive category. And I will be sure to keep my cursor off of the 'Pending' button!

A Very Naughty Chat
in Letters & Transcripts Stories

If the submission still includes illustrations, Laurel will change the category back; and it will still take a long time to post. Illustrated stories require additional work to process, and I understand they are done in batches maybe 2-3 times a month.

If the submission still includes illustrations, Laurel will change the category back; and it will still take a long time to post. Illustrated stories require additional work to process, and I understand they are done in batches maybe 2-3 times a month.

No, there are no 'illustrations' per se. That is, no images. Just links to images.
How do you think that will fly?

No, there are no 'illustrations' per se. That is, no images. Just links to images.
How do you think that will fly?

The rules are strict on that. No links whatsoever. Not even unlinked website names. I had a couple of early stories rejected coz I didn't understand that. Links? Verboten.

Back