Dominion: A Tale of Wealth & Power

hope

Professor edgeways dressed and moved quickly. He had heard the noise. How dare they!
He had tricks up his twisted sleeve. Tricks he would use to save her
 
“Well, Uncle Ian,” she replied with a come-hither smile. “I thought....”

A deafening thunderclap and loud crash drowned out her next words as a fiery plume rose past the front-facing windows. Karen leaped from the bed, losing her towel in the process, and ran naked to look outside.

Ian went to the window with Karen, not noticing at first that she'd lost her towel. He peered out, trying to discern what had happened, but could see very little from this angle other than the damage to the front porch portico. He slowly became aware of the nakedness of the young woman pressed up next to him.

"Put some clothes on, girl!" he scolded as he averted his eyes. "We may need to evacuate."

He left the room and took the back stairs to the kitchen. Checking the appliances, her found no leak and smelled no gas. He found Josephine in the grand lounge, sipping whiskey and receiving consolation from Prince Carl Gustav.

"Madame Josephine!" Ian exclaimed with relief. "You're alright, praise be!"

 
Last edited:
hope

Professor edgeways knocked on the main bedroom. "Is she all right?" "Don't want to come in un wanted." The chattter reassured him. She was unhurt
T
 
"That sounded like something exploding.... Let go check if everything is ok with Miss Josephine and the other guests...."

She was still panting from her and Michele's orgasm, her cheeks were flushed with a cherry red color getting dressed in the dress she wore before, staying bare feet.

Michele didn't take the time to get back into her maid uniform, and she certainly wasn't going to wear the evening gown to a potential disaster. She pulled a black silk robe from the closet and, not bothering to tie the sash, took Samantha's hand. Too shaken with worry for Josephine to think straight, Michele let he newcomer lead the way.

 
Samantha noticed how shaky Michele was she just hoped she would faint till she could look after Josephine.

She hadnt been able to get to know Josephine yet but hoped she still would have the chance running down seeing the others stand and looked in the room seeing Josephine sitting.

She then patted Micheles hand pulling her up front pushing her so she could see Josephine was well and whispered in her ear

" you see she is ok it will all be ok I see that oyu love her very much and now that you know she is well you can calm yourself "

She gave her a soft kiss on the back of her neck so no one would notice as if thanking her from what they did upstairs and took a step away going to the front door to look out.

Opening the door she saw what had happened and wondered if someone had gotten hurt or even killed cause of this and who in their straight mind would do such a thing to such a beautiful house.

"oh god..."

She then remembered that she had the meat in the oven and ran to the kitchen to make sure everything was still ok since Dinner now is going to be even more important then before it had to bring joy to them now and not only just taste good.

She now had everything done and walked slowly back to the room where all were looking after Josephine and said softly but with a strong voice trying to get them all to think of somthing different now so maybe they would all calm back down.

"Ma'am I could serve dinner now if you wish...I do believe it would do all good to eat somthing now to calm the nervs Miss Josephine.."

She then stood there quiet wondering if she should still change before serving dinner or if it was somthing that she wouldnt see as a need for tonight cause of what had happened.
 
Being Strongest

The servants had instinctively come to her. In their minds, she knew, they had come out of love and concern. She also knew, instinctively, that they had come to her for reassurance and guidance.

She did not know if she had it in her to give what they needed. For nearly three decades she had run this household or its similar predecessors. For the first time in all those years, she could not find the strength to lead. The adrenaline had drained from her blood, and her confidence with it. She felt tired. She felt old. She wanted to sleep.

Then the new girl — the one named... Salome? No. Samantha — spoke. “Ma'am, I could serve dinner now if you wish. I do believe it would do all good to eat something now to calm the nerves, Miss Josephine.”

Josephine raised her eyes. She blinked twice. Then she smiled and nodded.

“Right!” She tossed back what remained in her glass of Scotch whiskey and swallowed it in a single gulp. “See to it.”

As they moved to comply, Josephine knew that while she may have provided guidance, she had not yet given the reassurance of normalcy they needed. She gave that now.

“And Samantha,” the tone of Josephine’s voice stopped the girl in her tracks. “Never address me as ‘Josephine’ or even ‘Miss Josephine’ again. It is too familiar. To you, I am ‘Mistress.’”

 
Samantha stoped in her tracks as she heard Jospehine say her name she didnt turn to look at her but just listened hearing what she said she noded looking over her shoulder back to josephine she said.

"Yes Mistress...!Do forgive me"

With that she went in to the kitchen finishing the plates so they only had to be brought out she had made Pork mediallons, baby carrots, mashed potatoes with celery and as a dessert Strawberries in chocolate like a Rose

She took four plates and headed to the dinning room setting them on the table and went to get the rest while they all started to come in and be sitted.
 
"Put some clothes on, girl!" Uncle Ian scolded as he averted his eyes. "We may need to evacuate."

He turned right as he left the room, taking the back stairs that led to the kitchen. Karen just grabbed her towel and wrapped it back around herself. She went left outside her room and followed the hallway to the top of the grand staircase. She heard her uncle's voice from the main lounge below. "Madame Josephine! You're alright, praise be!"

Staying far enough back that those below could not see her, Karen sat down on the mezzanine to eavesdrop. She had done this countless times over the past decade while spending summers and holidays in this house. She had learned so much about the world, politics, and sex by hiding up here listening to the "grown-ups" talk. She smiled at the thought. She'd turned 18 today and become a "grown-up" in her own right.

This night, she quickly understood that whatever had caused that explosion, it no longer presented an immediate threat. When the topic turned to dinner, Karen hurried back to her new room. Uncle Ian had dropped her suitcase near the door when they heard the explosion. She lifted it to the bench at the foot of the bed and zipped it open. Forgoing underwear, she put on one of her uniforms from The Bishop Strachan School for Girls: white blouse with naval collar and striped gray school tie under a burgundy blazer; pleated gray short skirt; gray knee socks; and black loafers.

She looked at herself in the mirror. The uniform whispered innocent youth while the full-breasted, pert bottomed, and well proportioned body beneath hollered nubile sexuality. Although not given a fair opportunity, nudity hadn't obtained what she wanted. Maybe this would.

 
Last edited:
Carl had watched Josephine come back to life and smiled. This was the woman he had fallen in love with and he was happy to see her back. He knew she was still not back to 100% yet but she would recover gradually and he would be there to help her and to deflect anything else that may try to cause her discomfort.

"Ah my beautiful Josephine, that is the tone of command I am so used to hearing," he complimented her trying to bring her spirits back up. " You must never let the servants become too familiar now must you. There is a time and a place for that and now is not the time or the place." He smiled at her knowing she would get his little joke.

Standing up he offered her his arm. "May I escort you to Dinner Madam? Maybe some good food will brighten up the mood. Why we might even get some lively conversation going and forget all about this unpleasantness."
 
Being Gracious

Josephine accepted the Prince’s proffered elbow and allowed him to escort her to the dining room. As they ascended the shallow broad steps to the foyer, she noticed Dr. Edgeways in his wheelchair outside the closed door to the ground floor master suite.

“Oh, there you are, Professor.” She made no mention of the recent explosion, acting as if nothing extraordinary had happened that evening. “We were just about to sit for dinner. I hope you will join us.”

She turned and smiled at the Prince. “I’ll sit at the head of the table, of course. Gussie, I’d like you at my right. Do be a good boy and make room for Professor Edgeways to wheel up on my left.”


 
yes

Professor edgeways wheeled up. She wanted him to be normal so he would.
"Thank you, Your highness I see your crest goes back to the early ninteeth century.
I have always had a weakness for coats of arms' Food was passed around, everyone ate, keeping to themselves their deep gratefulness that the Goddess remained among them.
 
Carl accompanied the baroness to the head of the table and held the chair out for her until she was seated and then scooted it in. He removed the chair on her left and placed it against the wall so the professor could wheel himself up to the table and then sat at her right hand.

He was going to have to attempt to engage the professor in conversation again. He had promised Josephine he would be pleasant to the man. He heard him mention something about her families crest and was impressed. Actually he knew her family was older than that but this was the one they had used since splitting off from another house. Royalty could be complicated. He should know, his lineage was full of offshoots and split houses.

"I am impressed professor. Not too many people would have been able to have picked up on that. Do you know what all the heraldry on the shield means as well?"

He was trying to see if he could turn the topic to a safe piece of conversation. Josephine could change this at any time but he was trying to be polite to the man as well. He hoped dinner would be served soon however.
 
Being Grateful

Josephine settled into her seat at the head of the table and smiled at Prince Carl Gustav in appreciation. Now, this was more like it, time to enjoy dinner flanked by two accomplished gentlemen. Professor Edgeways had already started some delightful small talk concerning the Prince’s heraldry with an implication of shallow heredity. Josephine relaxed, had a sip of her aperitif, and decided to quietly enjoy the show.


 
Now in her uniform from The Bishop Strachan School for Girls — white blouse with naval collar and striped gray school tie under a burgundy blazer, pleated gray short skirt, gray knee socks, black loafers — Karen headed downstairs. As she descended the grand staircase, she recognized Prince Carl’s sexy nordic accent echoing up from the dining room. “I am impressed, Professor. Not too many people would have been able to have picked up on that. Do you know what all the heraldry on the shield means as well?”

That sounded like dreadfully dreary conversation to Karen. She entered the dining room from the foyer. Josephine sat at the far end of the long table. Prince Carl was just sitting down to the left of her while a man in a wheel chair pulled up on the right.

“What was that explosion?” Karen interrupted, hoping to change to topic of discussion.
 
Seating Arrangements

“What was that explosion?” Karen asked as she entered the dining room. Josephine smiled at her coquettish outfit.

“Nothing to concern yourself with on this special day,” Josephine referred to Karen’s eighteenth birthday. “Please sit at the end of the table opposite me, Dear. No, I’m not relegating you below the salt, nor away from these gentlemen.”

Then she added mysteriously, “I plan for that to become your regular seat.”
 
Carl had stood up as soon as he heard Karen speak. Looking towards her as she entered the room he was pleasantly surprised at the change in her. He had last met her as a gangly fourteen or was it a fifteen year old, he could not quite remember. She had shown glimpses of the beauty she would one day grow into but at that time she had been more interested in Josephines collection of horses and her father as any girl would have been. He did not get much of a look in although she was very polite to him.

Josephine had kept him up to date on her progress of course. She was very proud of all the members of her staff and their families. He had been impressed with her studies as well and always told her to send his fondest wishes for her continued success and had made sure to send a birthday gift when he could not be there.

Now as he heard Josephines words he remembered that today was indeed her birthday and he had brought a gift with him. He had carelessly thought it was tomorrow. "Ah yes my dear I hear congratulations are in order. Eighteen is an important age for a young person. I have a gift for you but I am afraid it is in my room," he moved to stand behind her chair and pulled it out to help her sit. As he pushed it back in he took her hand and bowed over it kissing it delicately before releasing it. "Remind me to get it for you later. Happy birthday my dear."

With that he turned and returned to his seat.
 
Samantha came in with the rest of the plates hoping she made enough for everyone. Then when she walked in the dinning room she heard that the Young Girl turned 18 today she smiled. 18 that was a time she thought back good it wasnt that far away compared to maybe others here in the room but still a nice age.

"Mistress I hope Dinners pleases your tongue and hope everyone enjoys their meal Desert is also already on the table the Brown black roses are Strawberries bedded in chocolate Please enjoy"

She left to get one last Thing in the kitchen before she would eat herself hoping it was alright with Josephine and making sure that everything that was still in the kitchen would stay warm just incase someone wishes a second but only warm not burn on. Her knees were still a bit shaky from the plesure she and Michelle had before and then the bomb.
 
The Dominion is the name of a luxurious estate sequestered in the remote rural countryside some miles outside Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Its eighty acres include sylvan woods, manicured lawns, a spring-fed pond, and a cool brook meandering through a secluded ravine.


Deputy Sheriff Mary Green pulled up in front of the mansion known as “Dominion Manor.” It was not the most impressive home in the county. It wasn’t even on the lake.

She knew, however, that the combination of guests inside typically represented more wealth than most of the moneyed summertime residents of this region could ever hope to aspire. As far as she knew, it was also the only mansion sporting evident bomb damage at its entrance. These facts, together with her love for the manor’s owner, aroused her protective constabular instincts.

She got out of her off duty car, a used and repainted Crown Victoria with its original Interceptor engine. She compered it without envy to the Jaguar roadster next to which she’d parked, confident she could run it down in a chase. A close inspection of the wreckage of the front porch wiped the resulting smile from her face.

She still wore that frown when she rang the doorbell.
 
"Excuse me, Ladies," Ian said to Michele and Samantha when the doorbell rang. He left the kitchen and crossed the foyer. As he passed the dining room, he saw his niece seated at the near end of the table, a place of distinction. He assumed Josephine had seated her there in honor of her eighteenth birthday. He nodded to Josephine to let her know he had responded to the bell, then continued on to the front door. He opened it.

"Good evening, Deputy Green," he greeted the woman frowning on the stoop. "I do not think m`Lady was expecting you, but I suspect she'll be pleased to see you. Please do come in."
 
"Good evening, Deputy Green," Ian Barre, Josephine's groundskeeper. greeted Mary. "I do not think m`Lady was expecting you, but I suspect she'll be pleased to see you. Please do come in."

She stepped inside and he shut the door behind her, then led her across the foyer to the formal dining room. Compared with the fancy dress of its occupants, Mary felt momentarily out of place in her Sheriff's Department khakis. The weight of her sidearm, however, reminded her that she stood there as modern democracy's replacement of the nobility of old. She suddenly knew that her uniform made her fit in perfectly.

Prince Carl Gustav, whom she'd met before, stood as she entered. The other gentleman in the room rose in his wheelchair and nodded once; she recognized him as Professor Samuel Edgeways, Michele's informal tutor. The girl at the near end of the table craned her neck around in curiosity; Karen had matured beautifully. Josephine smiled her greeting.

"Good evening," Mary started with official formality. "A concerned neighbor reported an explosion on this property. I was just coming off duty and told dispatch I'd check it out on my way home. I assumed you'd prefer that to a formal investigation, Lady Josephine."
 
Making Arrangements

“Good evening,” Deputy Sheriff Mary Green started with official formality. “A concerned neighbor reported an explosion on this property. I was just coming off duty and told dispatch I'd check it out on my way home. I assumed you'd prefer that to a formal investigation, Lady Josephine.”

“Most thoughtful of you, Deputy, as usual,” Josephine replied. “The incident was nothing, a mere misunderstanding. Please report it to your superiors in whatever way will cause us all the least bother. In the meantime, please join us for dinner. You’re welcomes as you are but, if you prefer to don something more comfortable, you know where my closet is.”



 
Samantha came out of the kitchen to serve acouple more strawberries as she heard Josephine invite the Sheriff to stay for dinner.

Samantha runed quickly back to the kitchen before she stood in the dinning room and got another plate and then headed back in the dinning room with more strawberries and a plate for the Sheriff not sure where she was going to sit she looked at Josephine as if asking where the guest would be sitting.

while she had set the strawberries infront of Joesephine. She stood next to Josephine waiting for a answer and watched the guest to see if she was going to change first or it down as she was.

"I hope everything is to your liking Mistress?!!"
 
Places, Everyone


“I hope everything is to your liking, Mistress.” Samantha said hopefully.

“The food is wonderful,” Josephine replied. She followed the chef’s concerned gaze to the lovely law enforcement officer and immediately understood. “Please place Deputy Green’s dinner on Ms. Callingwood’s left. When you bring that out, also have Michele and Ian with you. There’s a good girl.”


 
Seeing dinner already well underway, Mary decided to forgo Josephine's offer to change clothing. She took her seat in the place set for her and smiled at the young woman to her right.

"How nice to see you here again, Karen. I take it the school year just ended."
 
Ah so Josephine was going to surround herself with her family tonight. A wise choice and one he wholeheartedly approved of. She was already looking happier and more like her regular self and Carl was glad. He had stood up and bowed when Deputy Green had entered and had remained standing until she had seated herself. It was a surprise seeing her here and he was not so sure about her story. Neighbors indeed. Why they were miles from their nearest ones and a small explosion like that one would hardly be heard that far away.

Ah but suppose that upstart ha reported it to the police thinking news of it would get out and do damage to Josephine. Oh that was more like it. he could see him doing something like that to. Oh it was a shrewd move if he had been able to pull it off but as usual his plan had fallen flat.

Smiling he tucked into his excellent dinner and turned to his hostess. "So my dear, your Mansion is once again buzzing to the sounds of many voices. I am sure it is not quite the weekend you had planned but you know I will do anything in my power to help cheer you up my dear. In fact along with that present for Karen in my luggage there are a few little gifts for you and Michele in there too. Perhaps I can bring them to you later when you are not so busy." A teasing smile played along his lips for a second before he looked at her in genuine earnest awaiting her response. She would know from that just what sort of presents he had brought her.
 
Back
Top