neci, Putin is choosing to behave like a dick

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
neci, Putin is choosing to behave like a dick

Russia's Kremlin suggests Alexei Navalny's calls to boycott election 'are breaking the law'


The opposition leader has urged Russians to boycott the vote, saying "Putin is terribly scared." The European Union have expressed serious doubts about Russia's electoral system


December 26, 2017

On Monday, Navalny called on his supporters to boycott the presidential election, saying Russian Vladimir Putin "is terribly scared and is afraid of running against me." Earlier this month, Putin announced his decision to run for office again.
Although Russian law does not specifically outlaw calls for an election boycott, authorities last year blocked access across the country to websites urging such action.


"The pattern of harassment and intimidation against Navalny's campaign is undeniable," Williamson said. "Russian authorities should let Navalny's campaigners work without undue interference and properly investigate attacks against them by ultra-nationalists and pro-government groups."

Navalny is technically barred from running for president due to criminal convictions, which have been viewed as political retribution for his anti-corruption campaigns. He rose to notoriety in 2009 for investigations into official corruption.

http://www.dw.com/en/russias-kremli...cott-election-are-breaking-the-law/a-41934332


Russia has rejected concerns that a decision to bar the government critic Alexei Navalny from running against Vladimir Putin in next March’s presidential election could undermine the vote’s legitimacy, as the Kremlin hinted at reprisals in response to opposition calls for a boycott of the polls.

Although Putin is all but certain to win re-election for fourth term that would keep him in power until 2024, an opinion poll released by the Moscow-based Levada Centre pollster this month indicated that turnout and Putin’s share of the vote would fall short of the Kremlin’s target by about 10%. Turnout at the previous presidential elections, in 2012, was 65%.

Putin is likely to face a handful of fringe candidates and long-time unsuccessful challengers at next year’s vote. Russia’s election committee officially registered Ksenia Sobchak, a liberal journalist and former Playboy model, as a candidate on Tuesday. Sobchak, whose father, Anatoly Sobchak, was Putin’s political mentor, has to gather 100,000 signatures in support of her candidacy. Navalny has accused her of working with the Kremlin to “liven up” the presidential elections. Sobchak denies the allegations.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...cts-concerns-banning-alexei-navalny-elections
 
Russian meddling in the 2016 election was apparently just the prequel.

Now America's former Cold War rival is using social media to undermine Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe, a former CIA official and a former Republican congressman said Monday night.

During one week in early December, for example, roughly 20 percent of the activity from accounts tied to Russian intelligence for propaganda was focused on undermining faith in Mueller's investigation into potential collusion between Russia and the successful campaign of Donald Trump, according to research by The Alliance for Securing Democracy.

Russia has also been busy criticizing the plea deal signed by former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, with much of that activity focused on undermining Mueller as well.


https://crooksandliars.com/2017/12/russian-meddling-now-focused-undermining


“Alice Donovan,” who seems not to be a real person at all, despite having published a whole bunch of stuff all over the interwebs. A leaked FBI document indicates there is no single person behind the byline, but rather that she was the product of Russian trolls. As the Post notes, her earliest work wasn’t especially political, but as time went on, Donovan’s work aimed at “stoking discontent toward Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and touting WikiLeaks,” like so:


There’s no denying the emails that Julian Assange has picked up from inside the Democratic Party are real,” she wrote in August 2016 for a website called We Are Change. “The emails have exposed Hillary Clinton in a major way — and almost no one is reporting on it.”

St. Clair and Frank discovered when they took a closer look at Donovan’s output, a lot of it was just plain plagiarized from other writers, who tended to have heartbeats, as far as they could tell. So while some of the news was real, that was only because other people had written it. The person whose writing CounterPunch published appears not to exist, and whoever it was answering the email at the address she gave ultimately stopped replying when the editors asked for some kind of proof that she was a real human.



St. Clair and Frank also complain, “If the FBI was so worried about the risks posed by Alice Donovan’s false persona, they could have tipped off some of the media outlets she was corresponding with,” and fret that the FBI was “snooping on American journalists” — which seems a bit off target, since the FBI wasn’t monitoring a “journalist” — it was monitoring a probable Russian troll who does not seem to exist.


https://wonkette.com/627429/putins-...st-counterpunch-articles-on-refrigerator-door


gsgs comment-

As a GB member has said", why not have both ?" The FBI could not be said to be a hive of Left Wing sympathizers. Whatever Tonald Drump (Drumpf) is, he is definitely not a Left Wing sympathizer.
 
Now Putin has negotiated a 48 year deal with Syria to have naval vessels in the Mediterranean waters. All this asshole is doing is protecting Assad, both should be before the World Court for crimes against humanity. Assad should be charged with genocide, Putin should be charged as an accessory. They both should be chemically killed with chlorine, because it causes hydrochloric acid to form in the lungs and they would die the horrible death Assad has inflicted on so many Syrian citizens.
 
Back
Top